Senior Citizens - Rate Reduction - Update

rdrseller

OK, I called my PVP and she checked the rates and our sailing did qualify for the rate reduction. We got an amazing $330 OBC for our 6/21/08 sailing.

Thought I would share so others could check their rates.

Good luck on reductions.:rolleyes:

What are the qualifications?

Well for us, it was that the rate was offered for our sailing. I would suggest checking some web sites and see if your sailing is valid for it as well.

Or the easy way is to call your PVP/TA and ask. Never hurts to ask!:rolleyes:

What age is considered senior and how do you get it? Our sailing is in August and my mom is 76. Husband won't be 55 until after the cruise.

I am not sure what the minimum age is, but I can promise your mother qualifies. Everyone that is in her room will get a rate reduction. So even if you aren't in the same room, getting a discount on one room is still good.

You just have to keep checking because the rate comes and goes. The code is PSE. When we booked our Splendor Europe cruise there were no discounts. A couple of months ago the senior rate showed up and two days later the rate was discounted again. It stayed for a couple of weeks and now it is gone again. We'll keep checking especially after final payment is due in a couple of weeks.

Our sailing did not offer the senior rate. However it offered the military rate. We just had to fax a DD214and that was that.......
I think seniors should pay more since they don't spend as much on booze...ok ..i was just kidding..D&A...i got my luggage tags etc today and was surprised at them,they really need to be taped down and prefer the old color coded ones.

I think seniors should pay more since they don't spend as much on booze...ok ..i was just kidding..D&A...i got my luggage tags etc today and was surprised at them,they really need to be taped down and prefer the old color coded ones.

We just stapled our luggage tags on to our suitcase handless and had no problems with them staying on, even though they did get a bit rumpled from folks picking them up by the handles. The paper is pretty tough.

We just stapled our luggage tags on to our suitcase handless and had no problems with them staying on, even though they did get a bit rumpled from folks picking them up by the handles. The paper is pretty tough.
I am very bad lucky when it comes to stuff like that,i will be flying into Puerto Rico but will put them on when i get to the port and have my tape in my carryon,just hope it does not get dropped into the ocean,i never buy anything without insurance except life insurance,i wont need it when i am dead.

I have started just checking prices on that ....ocity web site, they show all the past guest specials, senior rates, etc. Mom is over 55 and there is a senior rate on our cruise, so we have both gotten $80 OBC for it so far.

How do you find out which cruises qualify for senior discount?

Check different web sites, travelocity, yahoo travel, etc. They have an area to check if anyone is over 55. Each line offers on different ships at different times of the year. Even if you are booked and this rate shows up, you should either get an OBC or a rate reduction if not paid in full. DW and I always check for Senior rate before we book. Also note that they don't always offer in all room categories,:( so good luck in your search.

When I try to look at my Glory cruise as though I want to fake book it, I get an error. But it isnt' sold out because that sailing and my cabin category is still showing up on other websites.

No senior discount.

I have NEVER seen any kind of price drop or discount or anything for any cruise I've booked. Prices have always gone up and up and up. Got a PG discount for my Fascination cruise when I booked, but nothing for Glory.

But I keep checking, like a good CC member should.

Good news is it's 45 days away so I now can call and get my $50 OBC per person due to our unfortunate experience with our tablemate on Miracle.

You just have to keep checking because the rate comes and goes. The code is PSE. When we booked our Splendor Europe cruise there were no discounts. A couple of months ago the senior rate showed up and two days later the rate was discounted again. It stayed for a couple of weeks and now it is gone again. We'll keep checking especially after final payment is due in a couple of weeks.

I am thrilled to finally find the code for "seniors," especially since my parents really want to cruise with us this year, but the regular rate is just too high for them.

Check different web sites, travelocity, yahoo travel, etc. They have an area to check if anyone is over 55. Each line offers on different ships at different times of the year. Even if you are booked and this rate shows up, you should either get an OBC or a rate reduction if not paid in full. DW and I always check for Senior rate before we book. Also note that they don't always offer in all room categories,:( so good luck in your search.

there is a site that advertises here that is very easy to check for seniors I have book marked. Unfortunately, if we mention the sites we could wind up with a warning, so Ill just say check other sites, you can see all the cruises that qualify with one click out of any one port. Usually the senior rate is only applicable on closer in dates.

where would you see the words PSE when looking at the prices, I also asked about that discount and was told my ship Valor did not offer that discount.

Drat! I was just about to call my TA to request the Sr. discount on our May Valor cruise....Oh well, maybe next time:rolleyes:

Well, were paid in full and we are sailing the Glory and they gave us the super-de-duper OBC $330. We sail 6/21/08 and I understand that they don't offer the special rates on all sailings or in all cabin types on each ship.

Thanks to the wonderful advice from these boards, I have gotten into the habit of checking regularly for prices changes. After all of my cruises, this is the first one that we have been able to get a price reduction. It has made our week.

I am definitely a CC Addict now!

Hope many many many more of our CC family gets a great discount.

Good Luck!:)

I just called my PVP and asked about the obc and he told me that he would have to check with a sup. to see if we can get it since we are so close to our sail date. We should get around $300 or more if they will give it to us. He didn't sound too promising.

where would you see the words PSE when looking at the prices, I also asked about that discount and was told my ship Valor did not offer that discount.

When you pretend to fake book on the Carnival site, that is the code that you enter.... in case you were confused. Instead of the repeat cruiser code for instance you would put in PSE. If it says error then its not available...thats why I like to use another site.

PS whomever told you Valor didnt have any senior rates, either they meant just for your sailing or there is a misunderstaning, because there are some on that ship. April 13, I show a senior balcony rate for instance on Valor, april 20, there is a inside senior rate on Valor, etc.

YIPPPPIEEEEEEE!!!! Right after I posted my other post here, my PVP called me back and put me through to the Sup. line. I just received a total of $500 OBC!!!! (that's for a total of 2 rooms) First OBC ever. My PVP is the GREATEST!!!!

THANKS FOR THE THREAD!!!!

Archived