Lap Pool on Crown

nabby

I swim laps every morning so I was happy to see that Crown has a "current pool" on board. I was wondering if anyone has used it. Is it actually the spa pool or is there a separate pool for lap swimming? Is the current always turned on or do you need to set up an appointment time? Also is the pool restricted to lap swimming/water exercise or would I have to deal with people "having fun playing in the current"?

I swim laps every morning so I was happy to see that Crown has a "current pool" on board. I was wondering if anyone has used it. Is it actually the spa pool or is there a separate pool for lap swimming? Is the current always turned on or do you need to set up an appointment time? Also is the pool restricted to lap swimming/water exercise or would I have to deal with people "having fun playing in the current"?

It is the Spa Pool near the Sanctuary. There is a control you can set for the current. :)

The pool is usually pretty quiet.

No appt required.

I use the pool all the time. I find it quiet in the morning but not mid day..once an adult got upset with me for getting her wet.. in a pool. it is for swimming not standing. some peopel turn off the current but i use it..

There is a button you push to start the current. On the Caribbean Princess I would got for a pre-breakfast swim around 8 am and I was the only one there.

its a good idea to go before 8am. once fellow cruisers start to arrive it would be impossible to swim lamps. most of them are using the machine for entertainment purposes and get annoyed if you want to do laps. my 7 year old son and i are planning to use it every morning on our April 19th cruise.

its a good idea to go before 8am. once fellow cruisers start to arrive it would be impossible to swim lamps. most of them are using the machine for entertainment purposes and get annoyed if you want to do laps. my 7 year old son and i are planning to use it every morning on our April 19th cruise.

some fellow cruisers might be annoyed that a 7 year old was in the adults only pool too.

Bill

To Oceanlover and Red Sox Fan Cruiser,

my seven years old was not there when "adults" were there. He was there at 7:30AM doing his 20 minutes with the machine. Frankly, my seven years old is better behaved than "so-called adults" who were loud and rather annoying....trying to swim with the machine when clearly they had no skill to do that.

I don't want to turn this thread in a kids in adult pools issue. We can start that someplace else. :D

Nabby, I found that the current wasn't strong enough to get a real workout. I kept swimming all the way to the front and hitting the machine. It's probably okay for the breast stroke or something like that.

You mean they don't just tie you off to the back of the ship and make you try to catch it??? ;)

I saw a lap pool at a recent home show... looked to be a nice product but it was costly. ;)

Funny how with all the pools on the ship that you would have an issue with a "soaker" in that pool. ;)

Brian

I don't want to turn this thread in a kids in adult pools issue. We can start that someplace else. :D

Nabby, I found that the current wasn't strong enough to get a real workout. I kept swimming all the way to the front and hitting the machine. It's probably okay for the breast stroke or something like that.

just to point out; you were the one who "expressed annoyance" by the fact that 7 years old was there to use the machine in a way intended turning this thread into a different turn. As for strength of the machine you are right, for a good adult swimmer it might be an easy workout. However, its perfect for a seven years old who swims 25 freestyle at 18seconds.

To Oceanlover and Red Sox Fan Cruiser,

my seven years old was not there when "adults" were there. He was there at 7:30AM doing his 20 minutes with the machine. Frankly, my seven years old is better behaved than "so-called adults" who were loud and rather annoying....trying to swim with the machine when clearly they had no skill to do that.

I'm on the April 19th cruise as well. I'll make it a point to be at the lap pool every morning before 8am to do some laps, and complain about your 7 year old being in the adult pool.

I'm astounded at Maratfun's gall in flouting her breaking of rules that don't suit her. Me, I'm a law and order kind of guy. Rules say "no kids', and that means no kids. Period. Perhaps she also feels that its fine for toddlers in poopy diapers to contaminate the adult pool early in the morning, since no will be there that early to complain about it.

I suppose Marat also teaches her son that it's fine to go through red lights and stop signs in the middle of the night "since no one is coming the other way anyway". What nerve!

I'm on the April 19th cruise as well. I'll make it a point to be at the lap pool every morning before 8am to do some laps, and complain about your 7 year old being in the adult pool.

I'm astounded at Maratfun's gall in flouting her breaking of rules that don't suit her. Me, I'm a law and order kind of guy. Rules say "no kids', and that means no kids. Period. Perhaps she also feels that its fine for toddlers in poopy diapers to contaminate the adult pool early in the morning, since no will be there that early to complain about it.

I suppose Marat also teaches her son that it's fine to go through red lights and stop signs in the middle of the night "since no one is coming the other way anyway". What nerve!

i will see you there before 8am... You have no right to attack my character or parenting skills. Having said that, I teach my son to be a proper and responsible person, he is 7 speaks 3 languages, has IQ of 130 and can carry a conversation on a range of topics from solar system and Renaissance to current NHL playoffs. At 7, he understands rules and laws better than some adults. And yes he can swim 25m freestyle under 18sec. If you (or anyone else) will be at the pool before 8am and my son will be in your way, I WILL TAKE HIM TO THE OTHER POOL TO DO HIS DAYLY SWIM. I do not see why the fact that 7 years old that uses the machine to practice his stroke when NO ONE is at the pool can bother an intelligent person…

I take it that the higher your IQ and the more languages you speak, the less beholden you are to rules and regulations? Is that it?

An intelligent person understands the role of rules in our society. This is an adult area. Period.

You break the rules by allowing your son to use the adult area. Period.

You rationalize it by saying that no one else is there. That doesn't make it right. Exclamation point.

You teach your son that rules are to be followed except when you can rationalize otherwise. That is a very fine definition of bad parenting in my book, since you brought it up.

You've made it very clear that because your son is smart and literate he can do as he pleases. What a disgusting, superior attitude. On second thought, I'll avoid the lap pool at all costs during the mornings, because I doubt my ability to remain civil when faced with such ignorance and arrogance.

I take it that the higher your IQ and the more languages you speak, the less beholden you are to rules and regulations? Is that it?

An intelligent person understands the role of rules in our society. This is an adult area. Period.

You break the rules by allowing your son to use the adult area. Period.

You rationalize it by saying that no one else is there. That doesn't make it right. Exclamation point.

You teach your son that rules are to be followed except when you can rationalize otherwise. That is a very fine definition of bad parenting in my book, since you brought it up.

You've made it very clear that because your son is smart and literate he can do as he pleases. What a disgusting, superior attitude. On second thought, I'll avoid the lap pool at all costs during the mornings, because I doubt my ability to remain civil when faced with such ignorance and arrogance.

i was trying to make a point that my

Archived