NCL Star....what's NOT to be missed?

SakeDad

We are on the repo cruise so we only have 3 days of what most have 7 to discover the ship. So with this in mind I'd like a "head start" in knowing what not to miss on the Star so I can pack as much into 3 days as possible!:D This includes spa info, food, shows, secret hide-outs, bars, drinks and fabulous employees (assuming you know they are still there) I am traveling with my mother in an aft BA on 10. We have cruised before and I am an avid photographer...if that helps.

Ice cream on deck 12, on your way to the outdoor kids area.

Seaweed wrap in the spa, followed by a massage, followed by a long soak in the spa-area jacuzzi, followed by a long sit on the lounge chairs looking at the wake (do this during the day).

Any of the fruit soups

Anything that Second City puts on (Stardust theater shows, smaller lounge shows, or their very fun improv workshop)

A frou-frou drink in the Carousel Lounge. Be sure to get something with a ton of umbrellas and get your photo snapped on one of the merry-go-ground animals by the bar.

Dinner at Le Bistro.

Dinner at Teppenyaki.

Your favorite brew at the Red Lion Pub, while listening to the house singer (he's a blast).

Fish-n-chips at the Blue Lagoon, any time of day or night

Cookies from the Garden Cafe, served 3-5pm (snag a few and keep them in your room)

Crepes from the Garden Cafe, filled with fruit topping and a scoop of ice cream

Photos on the atrium staircase

People-watching from the Java cafe while nursing a Mexican coffee (or whatever your favorite poison is).

Free champagne at the various art auctions and jewelry events, which is another great people watching event (I saw someone win a surprisingly lovely piece of amber jewelry at the amber event, and was jealous that I did not enter in such a "silly" event.)

Tapa appetizers from Endless Summer before a late dinner.

Doing nothing on your balcony while watching the world slowly float by-- my favorite by far!!!

Ice cream on deck 12, on your way to the outdoor kids area.

Seaweed wrap in the spa, followed by a massage, followed by a long soak in the spa-area jacuzzi, followed by a long sit on the lounge chairs looking at the wake (do this during the day).

Any of the fruit soups

Anything that Second City puts on (Stardust theater shows, smaller lounge shows, or their very fun improv workshop)

A frou-frou drink in the Carousel Lounge. Be sure to get something with a ton of umbrellas and get your photo snapped on one of the merry-go-ground animals by the bar.

Dinner at Le Bistro.

Dinner at Teppenyaki.

Your favorite brew at the Red Lion Pub, while listening to the house singer (he's a blast).

Fish-n-chips at the Blue Lagoon, any time of day or night

Cookies from the Garden Cafe, served 3-5pm (snag a few and keep them in your room)

Crepes from the Garden Cafe, filled with fruit topping and a scoop of ice cream

Photos on the atrium staircase

People-watching from the Java cafe while nursing a Mexican coffee (or whatever your favorite poison is).

Free champagne at the various art auctions and jewelry events, which is another great people watching event (I saw someone win a surprisingly lovely piece of amber jewelry at the amber event, and was jealous that I did not enter in such a "silly" event.)

Tapa appetizers from Endless Summer before a late dinner.

Doing nothing on your balcony while watching the world slowly float by-- my favorite by far!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!! THANKS!!!! This is the kind of infor I was HOPING for!:D :D :D

I LOVE YOU!!!!! THANKS!!!! This is the kind of infor I was HOPING for!:D :D :D

Do you love me enough to take me with you????:D :D :D

Have fun-- we loved sailing on the Star last week. Also let me know if you have questions about the kid's crew -- our kids's loved it. In fact, one more thing to to add to your list:

Find out when the kid's crew does their pirate parade, and take photos of the kids in their get-up, singing pirate songs as they tour the ship.

We absolutely LOVED the burgers at The Grill by the pool. It's been over a year, and that memory hasn't left yet. And it's QUICK!

We loved Il Popo that they serve at Endless Summer, although I heard the ribs are wonderful, too.

The Red Lion Pub is a fun place to sit, have a beer and people watch. It's in a hallway, and we ended up having the best conversations (and beer) with people we met who were just walking through and stopped.

The Pearl Martini Bar is behind the Carousel Bar and so out of the way that people miss it, and it's really nice (and quiet).

Teppanyaki is always fun, and the food is great. Try the steak and prawns combo.

And have fun!

I almost forgot our very favorite place -- Le Bistro, but outside the actual restaurant -- in the wine cellar area. There are 3-4 tables out there, and the last table is surrounded on 3 sides with wine and interesting photos of Napa wineries and winemakers. It feels very private. The area is right next to the piano, and someone is playing there nightly. Ahhhh.

karoke (sp?) at the carousel bar, on our cruise it was standing room only.

walking through the area of the blue lagoon and grabbing some of the dessert breads or cookies.

the views from the star bar or from the spinnaker lounge.

Grab some Banana Nut Bread in the Blue Lagoon on your way to the theatre to go say hi to my son who will be joining the ship on the 21st for a few weeks before flying to the Baltics. He's still home on vacation so he's not sure what shows / entertainment will be going on during the repo.

Also give Ricky Matthews, the CD, a hug from me!

Grab some Banana Nut Bread in the Blue Lagoon on your way to the theatre to go say hi to my son who will be joining the ship on the 21st for a few weeks before flying to the Baltics. He's still home on vacation so he's not sure what shows / entertainment will be going on during the repo.

Also give Ricky Matthews, the CD, a hug from me!

What does your son do? I'm a Stage Manager and would LOVE to go to work for the cruise lines!!

I seem to remember a movie theater on the Star.

There is one, but they do not always show movies. We did discover, late in our cruise, that there were a couple of movie channels on the TV on our cabin. The full movie rotation lists can be found on a handout at the reception deck on deck 7. You may need to ask for it.

What does your son do? I'm a Stage Manager and would LOVE to go to work for the cruise lines!!

He's the Technical Supervisor on board ship. Responsible for the sound, and lights in all the entertainment venues along with training and supervision of all the tech staff (sound, lights, backstage, etc) and the theatre itself. He's worked for NCL for most of the past 7 years.

Shawn said to come see him on board and he'll give you and mom a backstage tour. The best way to catch him is to pop into the theatre on the first seaday during the afternoon. Or you can go to reception and have them call him on his handi-phone (ship's internal phone). Or if you see Ricky, the CD, have him call Shawn to meet with you.

He's the Technical Supervisor on board ship. Responsible for the sound, and lights in all the entertainment venues along with training and supervision of all the tech staff (sound, lights, backstage, etc) and the theatre itself. He's worked for NCL for most of the past 7 years.

Shawn said to come see him on board and he'll give you and mom a backstage tour. The best way to catch him is to pop into the theatre on the first seaday during the afternoon. Or you can go to reception and have them call him on his handi-phone (ship's internal phone). Or if you see Ricky, the CD, have him call Shawn to meet with you.

Tell him I'll ask for him as soon as I settle in. Have to talk to him about how to get hired for the cruiselines....but tell him I'll buy him a drink for the trouble! And mom will love the backstage tour...Thanks:)

Archived