For those recently off the Serenade...

ejhall

no Ben and Jerry's:( and I don't think so for the other. I has ice cream cravings the whole trip. They have frozen yogurt in the Windjammer and you can choose ice cream in the restaurant at dinner as an alternative dessert.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll have to try the Safari Club, sounds great!

As far as the frozen yogurt goes, was there a charge for that?

Next question, for anyone who might know...how much is the charge for the Thermal Suite for two people?

Forget all that stuff! Go to the Schooner's Bar & check out the self-levatating pool table....

Now if you are stone sober...mentally its going to mess you up watching it....the table moves, the ball does not.

Now if you have a few drinks in you....its really going to MESS you up watching it...

We just checked this today for somebody...:cool:. Thermal Suite for couples for the week is $139. Individual pass is $79 for the week. Can't remember if there was a daily individual charge. If so, it wasn't printed on our Spa menu. We thoroughly enjoyed the Thermal Suite.

2097023480039822749S425x425Q85.jpg

As for the Safari Club, we rarely hang out in a lounge on the ships. But we spent a decent bit of time in the Safari Club. It was one of the coolest spaces we've seen yet on a ship. Great place, great music, etc.

2879915130039822749S425x425Q85.jpg 2225440870039822749S425x425Q85.jpg

We just checked this today for somebody...:cool:. Thermal Suite for couples for the week is $139. Individual pass is $79 for the week. Can't remember if there was a daily individual charge. If so, it wasn't printed on our Spa menu. We thoroughly enjoyed the Thermal Suite.

As for the Safari Club, we rarely hang out in a lounge on the ships. But we spent a decent bit of time in the Safari Club. It was one of the coolest spaces we've seen yet on a ship. Great place, great music, etc.

GREAT pictures!

Is there smoking allowed in the Safari Club?

thanks

Sandy

Those pics are great! :D Now I really can't wait! ;)

I think the pool tables only stay LEVEL. They do not LEVITATE unless you have spent too much time in the Schooner Bar! LOL! The visual of pool tables rising up off the floor just made me chuckle. I knew what the poster meant!

What is the thermal suite??

We first experienced this on Disney under the name of "Tropical Rainforest." That would be the room, not us :cool:.

On RCI ships, the Radiance-class has the Thermal Suite. This is room within the spa that you pay an up-charge to use. They sell a limited number of passes so that usage is manageable. TS is a room with 5 heated, tiled loungers pictured earlier. And, there are also 3 different kinds of steam rooms. 2 showers have unique water flows that approximate rain in a tropical rainforest and an icy shower. It's a great place to relax. Co-ed, with bathing suits for dress. Huge plate glass windows make it a great space to nap and enjoy the view. We went just about daily on both trips.

GREAT pictures!

Is there smoking allowed in the Safari Club?

thanks

Sandy

I don't recall any smoking in the SC. I'm pretty allergic, especially if I've forgotten to take my Flonaise. Wouldn't have stayed around long if there had been much smoke. I'm going to go with 'no.'

Those pics are great! :D Now I really can't wait! ;)

Thanks. It's easily our favorite performance lounge on a ship so far. One night they had Big Band/Swing in there that we enjoyed. We're still building our Webshots album from the trip, so I haven't come up with the other great picture from the SC yet. It shows the back wall which is on the aft end of the ship. So you can literally stand in the window and look out at the port, or the wake, depending on whether out to sea or not while you're there. Large room, beautiful woods and inlaid floor. Hope you'll enjoy.

Archived