Ectasy vs. Glory...one better than the other?

mueller74us

Hello All,

I've cruised once on the Destiny and am considering a trip on the Glory for our next cruise! Can anyone speak to how the two ships compare to each other?? Specifically, amenities or ideal balcony cabins!!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hello All,

I've cruised once on the Destiny and am considering a trip on the Glory for our next cruise! Can anyone speak to how the two ships compare to each other?? Specifically, amenities or ideal balcony cabins!!

Thanks,

Jennifer

If you are talking about the Ecstasy, she doesnt have any balcony cabins, only suites with a balcony, so they are extra expensive. You would pay as much for a suite on the Ecstasy for 4/5 days as a balcony on Glory for 7 days and the suites on Ecstasy are on the small size if you are talking cat 11, not much bigger than a balcony on Glory.

We have been on both ships and love each of them for different reasons. I think you could book either one and have a great cruise. The Ecstasy is a smaller ship and makes shorter cruises (4 & 5 day). The Glory is much larger but because of that, even though she holds more passengers, we never felt crowded. I would book either one in a heartbeat. In fact, we just booked the Glory's sister ship, the Carnival Conquest for her first Eastern route next February. You might get on the Carnival website and look at the webpages for each ship. Good luck in choosing. Travelgirl

Two different ships. That is apple to orange. Just so you know the Glory will be better than Ecstacy. But any cruise ship is better than being on land.

"Better" in what way? Newer, yes. Larger, yes.

I happen to love the Fantasy-class ships! I'll probably find the Glory to be WAY too large with WAY too many people for my tastes.

The Fantasy-class ships don't have a supper club, but we didn't dine in the one on the Miracle when we had our first opportunity. Our Miracle cruise was our first balcony, but we're reverting back to inside cabins, so the fact that the Fantasy-class don't have 'regular' balcony cabins isn't a concern to me, either.

It all depends on what you want from your cruise. I'm about the ports much more than about the ship. If the ship and its amenities is of great importance, then you probably will enjoy a larger, newer ship more.

We've had wonderful experiences on our Fantasy-class cruises.

First I like the main pool. The Glory has a multi-level deck at the front of the pool that becomes like a private area for a group of four to six people. There are many photos and you will know what I am trying to describe. The spa has a very nice steam room that is great to sit in after a workout. The main dining rooms are larger in size and a bit more fancy. The atrium is amazing. The show theater does not have poles to block views. The Glory has a higher percentage of balconies.

Now the ship is a newer so the engineering and technology is better. But I very much like the fantasy class. But I would cruise the Conquest class over the fantasy class if all things were equal because I like newer and bigger ships with lots of balconies. Some people don't like how these ships are getting so big. I guess that is why they have such a variety of ship styles.

Archived