Princess Cays and Half Moon Cay the same private island?

Bishopcfd

Princess and HAL, along with several other cruise lines, belong to the "World's leading Cruise Lines" group. My question for those in the know, is the private island of Princess Cruise Line (Princess Cays) the same private island as Holland America (Half Moon Cay)? Just curious.

Half Moon Cay is part of Little San Salvador Island. The beach is one of the best I have ever seen.

Princess Cays is located at the south portion of Eleuthera. Also nice but I personally have always enjoyed Half Moon Cay more.

"I wish I could stay here forever" is the sign that greets you on Half Moon Cay - it is so true!

Half Moon Cay is part of Little San Salvador Island. The beach is one of the best I have ever seen.

Princess Cays is located at the south portion of Eleuthera. Also nice but I personally have always enjoyed Half Moon Cay more.

"I wish I could stay here forever" is the sign that greets you on Half Moon Cay - it is so true!

Yes, this is correct. Very, very different private islands. I do agree with Jerseymax: one of the best beaches I have even seen!

Half Moon Cay is so magnificent, that I have booked cruises with HAL and Carnival ONLY to be able to go to Half Moon Cay. As a matter of fact, I am planning to book HAL in Spring 09 just to go there again. (I've been to HMC 3 times already and if I could, I would go more often)

Half Moon Cay has the most beautiful, clear blue water with the softest, powder-like white sand of any of the cruise private islands. The beach is easy to walk, beautiful shaded areas, great large patio to enjoy music and a drink. It's just so perfect!

When Carnival bought HAL they were extemely lucky to have this island available during the summer when HAL is out of the Caribbean.

Yes, I wish "I wish I could stay at Half Moon Cay forever".

AlinaMaria

If HAL did a 3 day cruise to Half Moon Cay, with an overnight stay... tenders from sunrise to midnight, with a beach party (entertainment, the whole shot) in the evening- I'd do it.

Oh well.

I agree. I will do it every year!!!!!!!!

I hope HAL is reading this!!!!!!!!!

On our first HAL sailing there was bad weather and HMC was cancelled. This past December we had beautiful weather and LOVED HMC. It is such a nice and peaceful place. There is a lot going on at the beach, but as soon as you walk off the beach it is like you're on your own private island. If you have a chance to go, you should.

If HAL did a 3 day cruise to Half Moon Cay, with an overnight stay... tenders from sunrise to midnight, with a beach party (entertainment, the whole shot) in the evening- I'd do it.

Oh well.

What a great idea!!! I've been to Half Moon Cay twice and have always dreamed of lingering longer, to enjoy it at dusk and at night with easy access to and from my fabulous home (cruise ship) just offshore.

What you describe would be the perfect 3 night cruise out of Florida! Not to some overused port on an out-of-date ship, but to a perfect vortex of relaxation on an elegant vessel.

I wonder if HAL reads the Princess threads??? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Smile

Rick

There has got to be nothing like the private island, Castaway Cay that Disney goes to. They actually own the entire island and have done an amazing job on it. A huge bonus, they actually dock as they built a pier. Not only do they have a family beach, but they also have an adult and a teen beach so everyone has a great area to go to.

Archived