Center Hump or Guarantee Suite

akcruz

If you had the option of a center hump balcony cabin, or a suite guarantee on a Voyager class ship where the guarantee is $110 LESS per person which would you go for? I have this dilema and keep going back and forth. I know the size difference, extra cruise credits, etc, but can't make up my mind. Looking for some opinions. Thanks!

The suite guarantee. While the location is nice on the hump, you don't get a bigger balcony at least not on the Voyager class. For $110 less, you'd get a bigger room, a bigger balcony, a bigger bathroom, and 2 cruise credits because you would get at least a junior suite. And with a suite guarantee you could always end up in a GS or higher and also get concierge lounge access.

The suite guarantee. While the location is nice on the hump, you don't get a bigger balcony at least not on the Voyager class. For $110 less, you'd get a bigger room, a bigger balcony, a bigger bathroom, and 2 cruise credits because you would get at least a junior suite. And with a suite guarantee you could always end up in a GS or higher and also get concierge lounge access.

I second, third and fourth this! ;)

Oh and assuming it is for your June 14th, 2008 Explorer cruise this year, consider that JS 9318 (center hump) is still open as is JS 9628 (hump) so it is possible that you could be assigned to one of those cabins and if you get really lucky GS 1624 (hump) is still open.

If you had the option of a center hump balcony cabin, or a suite guarantee on a Voyager class ship where the guarantee is $110 LESS per person which would you go for? I have this dilema and keep going back and forth. I know the size difference, extra cruise credits, etc, but can't make up my mind. Looking for some opinions. Thanks!

This is too easy....

Bigger is better!:eek:

Not always, but definitely in this case!

BILL

We did a suite guarantee for our cruise last November and when it was assigned, we got a JS, but then the center hump (9618) was still open, I just called and asked them if we could switch it. They told us as long as it was the same category, they would switch it! And they did...so maybe you can get the best of both worlds!

When I posted earlier, I misread it, I thought it was a balcony gty, I've never noticed a suite gty! Where'd you find that?

They aren't often offered, but just check your cruise as though you are booking a new one, and if there is one, it will be on the list at the bottom of the suite categories.

Im so exicted for you! I wish i cold book this sailing. We are in upstate new york and it would be perfect .. but cant travel til June 27 because of my job!

Have such a great time and let us know what room you get!

Archived