Booked an inside guarantee on the Fascination- What is it like on the Riviera deck?

kindercruiser

We were in room R233 last year on Fascination and It was very nice. I booked a guarantee and ended up on our May12th cruise on the main deck, but would have been fine if on the Riviera. It was quiet and comfortable. No problems!

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but exactly why is the same cabin, say an inside cabin, on a higher deck considered an upgrade – and for that matter, why would it cost more? I understand why an ocean view, suite or balcony would cost more than an inside…but an inside is an inside – right?

3Chihuahuas

Some people feel the higher decks are more desirable. Supply and demand. If people pay more, they will charge more. I personally don't consider an IS deck to deck and upgrade. But to and OV or BAL, now that is an upgrade:D

So, yes I agree with you!

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but exactly why is the same cabin, say an inside cabin, on a higher deck considered an upgrade – and for that matter, why would it cost more? I understand why an ocean view, suite or balcony would cost more than an inside…but an inside is an inside – right?

3Chihuahuas

Carnival is having a "one day" sale again. Raising prices and then you cant book a guarantee, have to pay more and pay at least a 4A price, and then they give you a "free" upgrade lmao. You would be surprised how many are going to book this sale to get their free 2 deck upgrade.

I like guarantees for some bookings myself. Great deal.

Thank you everyone for your replies! :) I feel so much better now knowing that my experience on the Riviera deck will be fine if that's where we end up being. Thanks again!

Wennfred, is your video on a separate post, or is it with a review? I'd love to see it. :)

Archived