Quest Pricing??

Placerville

At the beginning of next year, Quest offers 2 Asian cruises:

A 14 day cruise to North East Asia and,

A 14 day cruise to South East Asia. Both are about the same duration, number of ports, and distances. But, a Penthouse Suite on one is $14,300 pp, while the other, for the same Penthyouse is $10,800. Why the difference?

Maybe because I am on one of these and not on the other :)

Seriously I think they have been tracking demand and the prices have been varying quite a bit - but all I know is it is always at least 50% more than I am paying in the category of room I am in (which actually has been sold out for a while)

A

At the beginning of next year, Quest offers 2 Asian cruises:

A 14 day cruise to North East Asia and,

A 14 day cruise to South East Asia. Both are about the same duration, number of ports, and distances. But, a Penthouse Suite on one is $14,300 pp, while the other, for the same Penthyouse is $10,800. Why the difference?

Hi Placerville !

Yes, it seems odd, but it happens all the time. Some of the factors are as simple as supply and demand. It could be that one sailing is selling well over the other, and as more cabins are booked on a particular sail date, prices go up. Other factors could be seasonal supply and demand. Lastly, it could be revenue management feeling that they will eventually have a better chance of filling the ship on a particular date, so they keep the prices higher.

Keep in mind, that with only 710 passengers, Azamara can afford to keep prices higher longer than say a Royal Caribbean or Carnival, when their ships have thousands of passengers to fill on each sailing.

Bottom line... if you are flexible on dates, why not go with the cheaper sailing ? If everthing were equal, thats what we would do. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck !

Archived