Please tell me about Maasdam.

Barb C

Two 50 somethings thinking about taking the Maasdam in April. Never been on HAL before. Most recent cruises were Carnival's Miracle in May and RCCL's Granduer in August. Loved them both but lean a little more toward the Grandeur. Thanks for any information!

Barb

We've been on RCI Brilliance of the Seas and several HAL ships. Currently we much prefer HAL and have three HAL crusies booked.

Brilliance was a nice ship but we much prefer the ambience on HAL. And the food on HAL has been far superior than what we had on the Brilliance.

Our cruise on the Maasdam was one of the best we have taken. She is a traditional, elegant and beautiful mid-sized ship. She carries fewer passengers than most ships her size resulting in a spacious feeling on board.

She is the favorite of many experienced cruisers who post here. I have rarely, if ever, heard any complaints about the Maasdam, her staff or crew.

Holland America has several ships in the same size range as the Maasdam and they are all very well liked by people who cruise on HAL time after time.

I hope you chose the Maasdam and that you enjoy her as much as we have.

I think you will love the Maasdam. I have been on her 4 times, the most recent being this past August. I was worried about her condition since she was older than some I have traveled lately, and I found her to be in perfect condition and lovely. I much prefer that size ship to the Oosterdam which I am going on next month.

Enjoy!

Dee

I was on the Maasdam about 3 weeks ago. I love this size of ship, and there just aren't many being built in this size much now it seems. I like to meet people on a cruise and run into the periodically, it happens on Maasdam.

The ship looks in great shape, I didn't notice signs of age or wear, its kept up very well.

I posted pictures from my Montreal to Boston trip on my site :

http://www.recordlady.com

I'd definitly consider taking Maasdam again on a cruise.

Tina Johnson

Bellevue, WA

Barb. I was on the Granduer in April and will be sailing on the Maasdam the end of this month. This is my first HAL sailing (have sailed many other lines previously). When I return I'll be glad to post a report of "difference" if you are interested.

I was on the Maasdam this past August. It's a nice ship , a little older , and starting to show some wear.

I enjoyed it but not as much as celebrity.There are some noticeable differences when it came to service , set up of the theatre , the lounge (where the evening entertainment takes place) , and embarking and dis-embarking for shore excursions.Even food quality and variety had a noticeable difference.

I prefer Celebrity over Holland America.

Archived