how are u recognized as a CC member on board?

I have read a number of reviews from members about ships I am interested in. These cruisers are attending meet and greets as CC members. I am interested in how they do this. NCL seems to care a great deal what CC members think, and thats a good thing. If you can share this info, I would appreciate it. Thanx.

I have read a number of reviews from members about ships I am interested in. These cruisers are attending meet and greets as CC members. I am interested in how they do this. NCL seems to care a great deal what CC members think, and thats a good thing. If you can share this info, I would appreciate it. Thanx.

Usally it starts by going to the roll-call and see if your ship and date of sailing is listed. If not you can start a roll-call. Most of the time someone who is familar with M&G will volunteer to set things up. Seems like most M&G will have approx. 10 or more people on the roll-call. We have been to 3 of these gatherings and they are very interesting. We have done group excursions and dinners together, plus we had a party for 18-20 in our suite last Oct. for Halloween cruise.

Start by checking out your ship and sail date on the CC roll-call board.

Retiredonthesea

Don't be fooled - all the major cruise lines check into CC, some times on a daily basis. I spoke with a young man (from Carnival) whoeven mentioned some of the mornings threads to me during our conversation.

Retired is right - go to your roll call and see if anyone had organized something for the cruise - some of the ships do a little more than others. Princess is probably the least likely to put up any kind of spread for you. Mostly you just decide on a spot to meet and e mail the CD of the ship with the time and date and see what happens.

We've had groups of 30+ and others of just two, really depends upon how many CCers are on the ship.

Good luck!

Hi, Wheresmypalmtree .

What a great name..!

If the cruise line you sail on is Celebrity then all you have to do is exit here and click on the Celebrity Roll Call sites, or the Celebrity site. On the top right hand side a box can be ticked for registering for a CC party. It just requires 25 people to do so on any sailing and then Celebrity will arrange a party for you all , and let you know where and when it will be.

Go to the drop down menu on the bottom of every CC page and look for Roll Calls. Each cruise line has their own pages of Roll Calls. Click the one for the cruise which you have booked.

We just returned from a B2B cruise on Celebrity and had more than 75 people at late morning coffee and cake Cruise Critic Connections parties. The Cruise Director and Events Coordinator attended and MCed introductions, etc. The parties were so successful that they suggested scheduling additional ones later in each cruise...so we had 4 parties included one near the end attended by the Hotel Director and other staff members. A lot of fun. One caution - if you sign up, please attend - it's very embarrassing to have them set up for a crowd and have few people attend - I heard that only 7 showed up at one recently and since you need 25 people to sign up for a party to be scheduled, it's clear that there were a lot of no shows :(

We just returned from a B2B cruise on Celebrity and had more than 75 people at late morning coffee and cake Cruise Critic Connections parties. The Cruise Director and Events Coordinator attended and MCed introductions, etc. The parties were so successful that they suggested scheduling additional ones later in each cruise...so we had 4 parties included one near the end attended by the Hotel Director and other staff members. A lot of fun. One caution - if you sign up, please attend - it's very embarrassing to have them set up for a crowd and have few people attend - I heard that only 7 showed up at one recently and since you need 25 people to sign up for a party to be scheduled, it's clear that there were a lot of no shows :(

On our TA last fall we had almost 200 CCers at our CC party.

other than at a Meet and Mingle type thing you arent...unless you wear some sort of CC apparel

At least most of us aren't. I know Rev Neal sys he is recognized but he posts those "live onboard" such-such ships threads while he is crusing. He said ship's oficers told him that they could recognize him from his avator picture he has.

I know Philip 217 posted in another thread that people on cruiseships will come up and say " I am a member of crusiecritic" and expected free drinks, etc. and if they did not get them "threatened" to write a bad review. I found that a bit ridiculous. I don't certainly expect any freebies.

Archived