Nice call from Princess today

Hojo's redbeard

I was extremely happy to get a voicemail from a lady at Princess today. She was introducting herself to me as my point of contact (DW booked directly through Princess website) and letting me know that my fare had gone down by $200, and to expect a new confirmation email.

I was needless to say, Shocked! We are booked in an AE, and there weren't anymore of that category available on our next cruise. Other than getting an upgrade from balcony to suite a few years ago, that's a nice surprise :D

DW showed initiative by finding and booking our next cruise (all in about 20 minutes I think). She wanted to try a line other than Carnival. Although she really wanted RCCL, she found a great deal on an awesome itenerary on Crown Princess, 11/16. I guess having a brand spanking new ship sailing out of the same port at the same time is a bonus on booking!? The same week on the Ruby was more than $1000 more...and it was the same basic cruise as we went on a few months ago.

I was extremely happy to get a voicemail from a lady at Princess today. She was introducting herself to me as my point of contact (DW booked directly through Princess website) and letting me know that my fare had gone down by $200' date=' and to expect a new confirmation email. [/quote']

Wow -- that's impressive. I've never heard of that happening. I hope she calls ME today!

Wow -- that's impressive. I've never heard of that happening. I hope she calls ME today!

I'd never really considered Princess too seriously, but DW found a St. Thomas/St. Marteen/Princess Cays, what I'd call a "traditional" easter itenerary...that also has a stop in Grand Turk! We were there a couple of years ago and loved it. That and the fact that we were looking to do Eastern again (it's been almost 11 years) after 3 straight Western's.

I've been nothing but impressed so far, and was shocked that the mini-suite we booked was a few hundred dollars cheaper than any of the Carnival ships the same week for a Category 11 suite (with 4 less square feet).

We're looking forward to Ultimate Balcony Dining and hopefully a chef's table.

I'd never really considered Princess too seriously' date=' but DW found a St. Thomas/St. Marteen/Princess Cays, what I'd call a "traditional" easter itenerary...that also has a stop in Grand Turk! We were there a couple of years ago and loved it. That and the fact that we were looking to do Eastern again (it's been almost 11 years) after 3 straight Western's.

I've been nothing but impressed so far, and was shocked that the mini-suite we booked was a few hundred dollars cheaper than any of the Carnival ships the same week for a Category 11 suite (with 4 less square feet).

We're looking forward to Ultimate Balcony Dining and hopefully a chef's table.[/quote']

You'll love the new pier they built and the shopping area at the pier. Plus the beach area there has been lined with nice lounge chairs (plenty for a large ship of passengers). there is a Margaritaville as well. We were just there last week and it was really nice. I was quite impressed with what they had done.

I originally booked my 4/6/8 CB cruise through Princess at a BF GTD. Their inhouse TA called a couple of weeks later and told us we'd been 'upgraded' to BC. A couple of weeks after that he offered us a Caribe BA for $20/pp less than our original BF GTD. I felt really bad transferring that resv. to my usual TA afterwards - the Princess Resv. Dept. did a really good job!

I was extremely happy to get a voicemail from a lady at Princess today. She was introducting herself to me as my point of contact (DW booked directly through Princess website) and letting me know that my fare had gone down by $200' date=' and to expect a new confirmation email.

[/quote']

I am waiting by the phone, I hope you gave them my number!;)

You'll love the new pier they built and the shopping area at the pier. Plus the beach area there has been lined with nice lounge chairs (plenty for a large ship of passengers). there is a Margaritaville as well. We were just there last week and it was really nice. I was quite impressed with what they had done.

We were there October '06 and spent most of the day at Margaritaville. I plan to spend a little more time exploring this year, but will certainly be at Margaritaville for a while. The cabanas at the pool were not finished yet, but will probably be the camping out spot for DW and DD this year.

I've been nothing but impressed so far' date=' and was shocked that the mini-suite we booked was a few hundred dollars cheaper than any of the Carnival ships the same week for a Category 11 suite (with 4 less square feet).

We're looking forward to Ultimate Balcony Dining and hopefully a chef's table.[/quote']

Nice to hear of your call from Princess. I've always been extremely happy with their customer service. While I'm not sure what you are looking for in a cruise experience, I think you will be pleased that you tried Princess. We sail both Carnival and Princess and always enjoy both, but Princess is our favorite.

Archived