Eurodam Tour & Lunch on 27 June 2008!

Silverwing

I am so, so excited.........!!

When we heard that the Eurodam would be coming to Southampton, England just before her inaugural cruise we hoped there might be a chance of a visit. An invitation arrived from our TA this morning - arriving at 10am for a guided tour followed by lunch, on Friday 27th June. It is just what we had hoped for - a wonderful opportunity to have a good look around before we board for the Prelude cruise on Wednesday 2nd July in Rotterdam. Booking the cruise was no problem, but amazingly it took a couple of months to arrange attending the Dedication Ceremony the previous day, as I couldn't get HAL in London and Seattle to agree eligibility or a price! Finally I feel all the pieces of the puzzle are in place and we really can look forward to being one of the first HAL devotees to step on board the Eurodam!

When we heard that the Eurodam would be coming to Southampton, England just before her inaugural cruise we hoped there might be a chance of a visit. An invitation arrived from our TA this morning - arriving at 10am for a guided tour followed by lunch, on Friday 27th June. It is just what we had hoped for - a wonderful opportunity to have a good look around before we board for the Prelude cruise on Wednesday 2nd July in Rotterdam. Booking the cruise was no problem, but amazingly it took a couple of months to arrange attending the Dedication Ceremony the previous day, as I couldn't get HAL in London and Seattle to agree eligibility or a price! Finally I feel all the pieces of the puzzle are in place and we really can look forward to being one of the first HAL devotees to step on board the Eurodam!

Wouldn't say I'm particularly excited but pleased to have been invited by HAL (via their UK PR company) to Southampton on Saturday 28th June for similar event of tour of the ship and lunch. I'm also of course taking my wife and two guests. We are booked on the Eurodam 25th April 12009 for their transatlantic cruise so a good opportunity to see what she looks like before our cruise.

I hope you have a wonderful time touring the ship before any passengers have ever been there! It's a kick, I know. I had the opportunity to tour the Noordam before her first sail, and I was so impressed I was a passenger on her three weeks later!

HAL throws a grand party! :D

That's wonderful! Hope you have a fabulous time....of course, you will, HAL does a great job on Inaugural Lunches and parties etc

We'll be eager to hear all about it.

Hi Silverwing....well done on your invitation to attend the luncheon and look round of the lovely Eurodam on 28th June. One question, have you been advised of car parking arrangements?

Paul

i got an invitation in the email and responed straight away. i was on a long cruise at the time. i have been told iam registyered but still in the post as yet. as iam booked on her in october i trust am going to hear something soon. why are some on 27th and others on 28th?

dave

When we were invited to Noordam in Boston, they included a parking ticket for teh garage. Same for New York. We didn't need to park our own car so didn't use them.

When I asked about car parking at Southampton for this occasion I was told..."There is plenty of parking which is complimentary to guests and is adjacent to the terminal".

I was just wondering if this was a brush off or was true?

How special for you, please let us all know about your experience. We we're one of the first to cruise on the Oosterdam, but what really was cool, was when they brought her to the West Coast for the ships debut and introduction, as this was going to be her home port for some years to come. Hal threw a wonderful party for us, truly a great intro for us cruisers on the West Coast.

Paul,

There is plenty of parking at Southampton Cruise Terminal, so there shouldn't be a problem. If there is we might consider travelling by train as we live only 30 miles away, Southampton Central station is very close to the terminal and it would also mean that we could both enjoy some wine with our lunch! My TA hasn't heard what the parking arrangements in June will be yet, but we have been told that the Eurodam will be at Pier 104, which you can see on this map:

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/files/pos.pdf

This is the FAQ page for cruise passengers paying to park their car for the duration of their cruise:

http://www.abparking.co.uk/faq.htm

However, much of this is applicable to short term parking too. Hopefully we will get a day pass and won't have to pay!

The letter we received this week said that we would receive confirmation and boarding passes direct from HAL soon. I expect parking information will be included. I'll post on here if I hear anything useful.

Paul,

There is plenty of parking at Southampton Cruise Terminal, so there shouldn't be a problem. If there is we might consider travelling by train as we live only 30 miles away, Southampton Central station is very close to the terminal and it would also mean that we could both enjoy some wine with our lunch! My TA hasn't heard what the parking arrangements in June will be yet, but we have been told that the Eurodam will be at Pier 104, which you can see on this map:

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/files/pos.pdf

This is the FAQ page for cruise passengers paying to park their car for the duration of their cruise:

http://www.abparking.co.uk/faq.htm

However, much of this is applicable to short term parking too. Hopefully we will get a day pass and won't have to pay!

The letter we received this week said that we would receive confirmation and boarding passes direct from HAL soon. I expect parking information will be included. I'll post on here if I hear anything useful.

Silverwing

Thanks for that. I have not be advised of any letter of confirmation from HAL. HAL's PR company handling this venture mearly told me that my name and that of my three guests were now officially listed on the guest list.

Paul

Archived