Tour of the engineering spaces

You could ask, but since 9/11 they stopped doing tours of all "crew only" parts of the ship except the galley. I do know that some people may get invited for a private tour of the bridge, but they are usually seated at the Captain's table. Haven't heard of anyone getting a tour of the engineering section. You might have your PVP or TA make the request and see what happens.

We were invited to eat dinner with the Chief Engineer on the Mariner last month. My husband was also interested in such a tour for the same reasons you are. We expressed the desire several times during dinner but no luck. There were also many questions my husband asked that the CE provided very vague responses-we figured he wasn't being real specific for security reasons. Wonderful evening nonetheless!

On my recent Infinity cruise, I asked for a tour of the Bridge of the Social Hostess. We were told probably not, but she would check. On Friday, I received on invitation to tour the Engine Control Room for the following day. I did have dinner that night at the Captain's Table, and even asked the Captain for a bridge tour, but he did say "He would rather not".

The next day we met the second engineer next to Guest Relations, it was two other gentleman and a Captain for Delta and his wife and me. We were taken down to Deck 2 and back into the Engine control room. We spent about an hour there and he answered all of our questions and opened up more and more as we asked more pointed questions. It was completely fascinating. He did say that in the six months that he had been back on the ship, this was the first cruise where this had been allowed.

My wife took a galley tour later that day and the Head F&B manager told her that everyone had to undergo a background check. She was not sure if he was kidding or not.

yes i too would very much enjoy seeing engine room and bridge too,i was going to ask to on my next cruise at end of month here,so if i find a way guys ill report when i get back:)))) going on splendor of the seas oct 30th

About the only tour I know of that is still open is the Weather Tour aboard Explorer of the Seas. They do a 15 minute video to describe the NOAA equipment aboard and then take you down to deck one to view the actual weather station where data is recorded.

I signed up in the ships library and toured with a group of about 12 people. They conclude on the upper deck by the weather vanes.

They also handed out some pens, stickers and CD's about NOAA.

Archived