Deck 6 Oceanview Cabins

cadcruiser

Are all the oceanview cabins on deck 6 on the Quest fully obstructed? I know there are lifeboats in front of these cabins and was wondering if there are any cabins that are less obstructed and any problems with noise in the cabins.

They aren't all obstructed, because the lifeboats take up the middle part of the ship. Can't tell you which ones are. My wife about cried when she looked out the window when we got into the cabin. She was fascinated when the lifeboat was dropped for tendering--bird'seye view. As we got going, she got over her snit. Price was great, ship was wonderful, cruise was super. We are going back on Azamara--but not obstructed cabin this time.

My side--price was great, didn't spend that much time in the cabin except for an occasional snooze and sleeping. Would do it again.

Are all the oceanview cabins on deck 6 on the Quest fully obstructed? I know there are lifeboats in front of these cabins and was wondering if there are any cabins that are less obstructed and any problems with noise in the cabins.

If you have a balcony you will not be obstructed. If not you will have the lifeboats out the window & a smaller cabin

Thanks for the responses. I didn't realize that Cat. 7 OV cabins were the smallest OV on the ship. The Azamara website shows them the same size as the others. The only reason I was considering this cabin was to get a bigger size than the insides as the view will not be a factor due to obstruction.

Thanks for the responses. I didn't realize that Cat. 7 OV cabins were the smallest OV on the ship. The Azamara website shows them the same size as the others. The only reason I was considering this cabin was to get a bigger size than the insides as the view will not be a factor due to obstruction.

THose are NOT a particularly great cabin...no seating other than 1 chair and the bed...are very different layout than other cabins, plus the obstructed view.A couple we knew on the Nautica (sister ship) spent most of their time on the pool deck on the covered patio just to be able to read and be comfortable!:(

THose are NOT a particularly great cabin...no seating other than 1 chair and the bed...are very different layout than other cabins' date=' plus the obstructed view.A couple we knew on the Nautica (sister ship) spent most of their time on the pool deck on the covered patio just to be able to read and be comfortable!:([/quote']

I checked the Oceania website for the Nautica and it shows these cabins smaller than the inside ones. I just spoke to Azamara and they guarantee that these OV cabins on deck 6 are the same size as the other OV and the cabins are not identical to Oceania's since Azamara did a refurbishment. Does anyone know from personal experience about the size of these cabins?

I checked the Oceania website for the Nautica and it shows these cabins smaller than the inside ones. I just spoke to Azamara and they guarantee that these OV cabins on deck 6 are the same size as the other OV and the cabins are not identical to Oceania's since Azamara did a refurbishment. Does anyone know from personal experience about the size of these cabins?

Are you talking about the ones in the middle of deck 6 where the life boats are?

If so I do not see how they could have made them larger unless they got rid of the lifeboats.

The 2 OV cabin (6004 & 6005) at the front are larger & have a porthole (on Oceania)

Then Yes they are a bit bigger because the do not have a balcony.

I would ask the res agent if they Actually have been on the ship:rolleyes:

The deck plans are the same for deck 6 except they added 2 wheelchair accessible cabins on AZA

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=b2a3bc2b-d9cd-45b7-abac-2dc5fa2f3618&DeckUID=1ce5b54e-4a3e-45f8-85af-b13a95c736be&ShipConfigUID=3b169a9d-0d7c-45b3-8a60-054010d40b67

http://www.azamaracruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000PcDGF9oRWWPDo8l3IhvC9EU:12odmn201?shipCode=JR&deckCode=06&sailDate=1080601

The information the res agent gave you was incorrect. The size of the obstructed ocean view staterooms on deck 6 have not been changed. In addition, they are the smallest staterooms on the ship.

Shari

Are you talking about the ones in the middle of deck 6 where the life boats are?

If so I do not see how they could have made them larger unless they got rid of the lifeboats.

The 2 OV cabin (6004 & 6005) at the front are larger & have a porthole (on Oceania)

Then Yes they are a bit bigger because the do not have a balcony.

I would ask the res agent if they Actually have been on the ship:rolleyes:

The deck plans are the same for deck 6 except they added 2 wheelchair accessible cabins on AZA

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=b2a3bc2b-d9cd-45b7-abac-2dc5fa2f3618&DeckUID=1ce5b54e-4a3e-45f8-85af-b13a95c736be&ShipConfigUID=3b169a9d-0d7c-45b3-8a60-054010d40b67

http://www.azamaracruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000PcDGF9oRWWPDo8l3IhvC9EU:12odmn201?shipCode=JR&deckCode=06&sailDate=1080601

Staterooms 6004 and 6005, along with 7006 and 7007 are the largest Ocean View staterooms, however, they have a window, not a porthole.

Shari

Staterooms 6004 and 6005, along with 7006 and 7007 are the largest Ocean View staterooms, however, they have a window, not a porthole.

Shari

OOPS

Looks like portholes to me on the forward cabins:confused:

Lyn

CIMG0587.jpg.e78f37f97ec9a7b3d31f01f6be23aac9.jpg

The information the res agent gave you was incorrect. The size of the obstructed ocean view staterooms on deck 6 have not been changed. In addition, they are the smallest staterooms on the ship.

Shari

I have spoken to 3 res agents who have confirmed that these staterooms are not smaller. One agent said she knew someone that stayed in this cabin. I have a hard time believing they made these cabins larger as they have the same number of cabins as Oceania does and as LHT28 stated the lifeboats are still there.

I have spoken to 3 res agents who have confirmed that these staterooms are not smaller. One agent said she knew someone that stayed in this cabin. I have a hard time believing they made these cabins larger as they have the same number of cabins as Oceania does and as LHT28 stated the lifeboats are still there.

Wouldn't be the first time that a res agent who had never actually seen or been on a ship got it wrong. I have the original deck plans from Renaissance and these cabins are 142 sq feet vs 160 sq feet for all other outsides and veranda cabins. AZ did not make these cabins larger. believe those of us who have cruised on the ships, not some $7 an hour phone person.

Use your "search at the top of page...search for photos of cabin 6030 someone printed several I don't know how to "Attach a link" to the page Better use "obstructed view cabins' date=' Azamara, other didn't work![/quote']

hi, this is my first time on here. I hope I am doing this correctly. Hubby and I were on the Nautica two years ago and stayed in 6046 (obstructed view cabin). We thought it was fine as we did not spend much time in cabin other than a nap after running around Med ports and of course to sleep. I was curious enough to email Aza directly yesterday to ask if there was possibly a "reconfiguration" of these cabins thus making them somehow different than the same cabins on Oceania. I'll let you know if and when I get a reply to my email what they have to say. We'll be on the Journey dep. Barcelona on Sept 27...anyone else on that sailing?

I am calling directly into the office in the morning..I will let you know exactly..but my guess is 142 feet and no reconfiguration!

Jancruz1

Thanks Jancruz1. I'm leaving for a Celebrity cruise this evening and will check back when I return.

Hi,

I just heard back from Azamara and the Obstructed View cabins are 143 square feet as we said..give it a day or two and you can call Azamara and their records will reflect this...

Jancruz1

We just returned from a trip on the Journey in cabin 6030. This cabin has a small life boat outside the window and you still have a good view. However, this has to be the noisiest cabin I have ever been in. And, the rooms are much smaller then others on the ship. There is a utility room right next to it and you can hear everything that goes on in there, including the room steward inserting their keys in the lock. Deliveries of some kind are made during the night and things are slammed against the wall, which is right where the head of the bed is located. The room stewards gather there and talk at all hours. We complained to the front desk three or four times before any action was taken and by that time, the cruise was tree quarters over.

I would not recommend this room to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I just heard back from Azamara and the Obstructed View cabins are 143 square feet as we said..give it a day or two and you can call Azamara and their records will reflect this...

Jancruz1

Thanks for your help. I received an e-mail from Azamara confirming what you said. The Azamara website has now been changed to indicate that these cabins are smaller. Thanks to all for the valuable information. I have now changed my cabin. No use paying extra for a smaller cabin.

Thanks for your help. I received an e-mail from Azamara confirming what you said. The Azamara website has now been changed to indicate that these cabins are smaller. Thanks to all for the valuable information. I have now changed my cabin. No use paying extra for a smaller cabin.

I guess I stirred up a hornets nest..glad I could help..

Jancruz1

Archived