Back to Back/Consecutive Sailings...How does it work?

deej696

So my fiance and I just returned from 8 nights on the Triumph. Great trip, but as usual once you get home, its time to start planning the next one...

We liked the idea of a longer cruise, and thought we would try doing back to back 5 night sailings on the Destiny next May. My question is how does this work? Do you have to get off the ship when you return from the first sailing? Will our dining table change? More importantly, if we buy liquor during the first sailing, will they bring it to our room on the last night thinking we are leaving?:) (dont roll your eyes, thats important;) )

I have heard of people doing this in the past, but I never really asked the logistics of it. Any other info you can pass along would be great. Oh, and sorry if this has been covered many times before, I could not get the search function to work....

So my fiance and I just returned from 8 nights on the Triumph. Great trip, but as usual once you get home, its time to start planning the next one...

We liked the idea of a longer cruise, and thought we would try doing back to back 5 night sailings on the Destiny next May. My question is how does this work? Do you have to get off the ship when you return from the first sailing? Will our dining table change? More importantly, if we buy liquor during the first sailing, will they bring it to our room on the last night thinking we are leaving?:) (dont roll your eyes, thats important;) )

I have heard of people doing this in the past, but I never really asked the logistics of it. Any other info you can pass along would be great. Oh, and sorry if this has been covered many times before, I could not get the search function to work....

You will have to leave the ship at about 10:30 to go to the Carnival agent. You will also have to do a customs card. They will rerun you credit card and give you a new S&S card for the second sailing, or so I have heard here...No biggy. Make sure when you book you have the same cabin on both cruises.

As for the booze. Buy it the last night of the cruise and take it back to your cabin.....;) ;) Most have said that if you buy it in port it is delivered to your cabin the last night......

Doing my first B2B in Oct/Nov on the Destiny.....I wonder if they'll mind me showing up at the counter with a Bloody Mary in hand and my jammies on.......LOL

I've done a few. It can very from ship to ship. On the Inspiration I had to met a Carnival agent go thru security than had to wait to get back on and waited with the wedding parties. On the Triumph I waited tell everyone was off, the agent walked me to customs and than we were walked right back on.

I had the same cabin for both (all three) cruises so, I didn't have to pack. The last night of the first cruise, I went and bought my booze for the next cruise:D . Just walked it back to my cabin.

Go for the pj's jessemon;)

What you have to do is realize that booking two cruises back to back means double NEW surcharge and higher cruise prices. Take out your wallet, put it in an envelope, address it to Carnival and say bye, bye to your hard earned cash!!!! NOW ENJOY THOSE BACK TO BACK CRUISES!!!!! :(

Some people live far enough from the port, that the cost to get there would cost more than the cruise unless they made it worth their while and did a B2B. Thats why I did one last fall out of Port Canaveral. Hotels and gas still ran more than I expected. I wouldnt go that far again unless I was doing another B2B I think.

Just completed a back to back last month on the Glory. Pretty simple as has been stated. I have to say it really felt nice that last day of the 1st cruise still be relaxing when most people were scurrying around getting ready to leave. One nice perk. There were complimentary chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us when we got back to our room. Also we travelled from Canada so that was a large part of why we chose to do a B2B

Thank you all for your replies. Overall it sounds like an easy process. I had not taken into account the impact of the port charges, etc so I'll have to factor that into our decision....

So when we get off when returning from the first leg, do we have to go entirely through customs, or do we just go to the check in desk for carnival?

We had a letter from the pursor with instructions. At 10:30 we went to the pursers desk and got a new S&S card and then went to where they were boarding and got new picture and ca-ching or S&S card . We stayed on the boat and went back to our room. We did customs on our last leg. Seems different ships may do things different ways. Our next BtoB is with different ships so no problem. To many things were the same doing the same ship BtoB. So we now do different ships.

Some people live far enough from the port, that the cost to get there would cost more than the cruise unless they made it worth their while and did a B2B. Thats why I did one last fall out of Port Canaveral. Hotels and gas still ran more than I expected. I wouldnt go that far again unless I was doing another B2B I think.

Good morning Fire, I'm doing my 1st B2B on the Glory in Aug/Sep, is that the ship you were on? I would love to hear your specific experience on that ship. I think Port Canaveral is my favorite embarkation port so I'm excited to be going back there and doing my 1st B2B....

BTW....we need to get together for lunch some weekend.....definately before our crazies cruise.........

Thank you all for your replies. Overall it sounds like an easy process. I had not taken into account the impact of the port charges, etc so I'll have to factor that into our decision....

So when we get off when returning from the first leg, do we have to go entirely through customs, or do we just go to the check in desk for carnival?

Not sure why taking into account extra port charges etc...You are booking two cruises and will pay for two cruises. They just happen to be one week after the other! have fun:)

Someone mentioned a transatlantic repositioning cruise B2B with a European cruise? Wow! What a great idea. The cost of the flight one way wouldn't be there because you'd be cruising over there.

Now that will keep me busy trying to find the two B2B that somehow connect from US to Europe........then cruise Europe.............Wouldn't it be great to find a third reposition cruise that came back to the states?

Ok..........now I'm going too far...........

Archived