Aft Cabins on Carnival Conquest

Faygelah

We have sailed several times on the M-class Celebrity ships, and we're preparing for our first Carnival sailing. We've reserved an aft cabin since we like them so much on Celebrity. Are they anything special on Carnival?

Im guessing you are talking about a balcony?? The aft balconys are double deep. My problem with them is they are not covered except a little so you may get more sun.

The 9A aft wraps are highly soft after as the balcony is bigger and wraps around in two directions.

(there are also some OVs 2470 and 2473 that are HUGE in the aft of Main deck and OV aft cabins).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Firefly!

I am considering OV 6B 2470, 2474, 2473 and 2477. Do you know the differences between 2470 and 2474? My PVP said they are both the same square footage but didn't know how they were configured or where the windows were located.

Thanks in advance! :D

The afts are great on the Conquest. One thing to keep in mind is the 2 center balcony cabins (we had 7448) are smaller than the ones away from the center. Next year we have 6485, so we'll be able to make comparisons.

Our friends had 2470 on our cruise last year. You walk in and there is a hallway with the bathroom and closet to the right. The mirror and make up stations (work station as I call it) is on the angled wall. The head of the bed is on the forward wall. There are 2 windows with about 4 feet between them. Lots of floor space.

Thanks for the fast reply! Yes, it is a balcony on the 6th deck. Anything we should know about the Conquest you can think of?

What's your cabin number? My fiancee and I were in 6483 on the Conquest this past February and it was wonderful!! :D It had a huge wrap around balcony with 2 chairs, 2 loungers and a small table. I would book it again in a heartbeat!! :D You can see pictures of it in my album from that cruise (click on the My cruise photos link in my signature). The album is called Galveston and Carnival Conquest.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Empress deck, cabin 7444 on our first cruise. The up-coming cruise, we are on the Upper deck with cabin number 6483. I would say our next cruise will consist of a suite, but per my husband......that will never be the case unless it is located on the Aft :D

My cousins went with us the last time, and had a Category 11 on the Empress deck. We all spent more time in our cabin, on the balcony than on theirs (too windy). I loved their room, but will gladly give up the extra space, luxury, and bathtub for an Aft balcony.

The afts are great on the Conquest. One thing to keep in mind is the 2 center balcony cabins (we had 7448) are smaller than the ones away from the center. Next year we have 6485, so we'll be able to make comparisons.

I am trying to choose my aft cabins on deck 7. We have sailed on the ship twice before and I always mess it up! There are cabins, which may be the center cabins, that have a built in desk right behind the bathroom and less cabinets. I DON'T want that cabin.

So, do you know which of those deck 7 aft cabins have the built in desk and which ones have more cabinets to store your belongings?

Also, in cabin 7448 which side is the bed on when you walk into the cabin?

Thanks!!

Walk into the cabin, bathroom is on the left, closets begins on the right, past bathroom, couch is on the left with a table in front, and desk/dressing table is directly accross from the couch, then bed is on the left with open wall space across from the bed.

We had ample closet and drawer space. My husband and I took enough clothes for a 15 day cruise including formal wear (tuxedo, long formal), dresses for each evening (for me) and two suits.

Hopefully, I have learned my lesson from the last cruise, and will pack a little lighter :D

I am trying to choose my aft cabins on deck 7. We have sailed on the ship twice before and I always mess it up! There are cabins, which may be the center cabins, that have a built in desk right behind the bathroom and less cabinets. I DON'T want that cabin.

So, do you know which of those deck 7 aft cabins have the built in desk and which ones have more cabinets to store your belongings?

Thanks!!

7448 and 7453 are the two cabins you want to avoid. They are narrower than the others which is why the layout is different. As you walk into 7448 the bed will be coming off the left wall. In 7453 the bed will be off the right wall.

The other six cabins are the configuration you want. The only difference between them is the sofa. 7442 and 7447 do not have a sofa, they have table and chairs instead. 7444,7446,7449 and 7451 have sofas.

7448 and 7453 are the two cabins you want to avoid. They are narrower than the others which is why the layout is different. As you walk into 7448 the bed will be coming off the left wall. In 7453 the bed will be off the right wall.

The other six cabins are the configuration you want. The only difference between them is the sofa. 7442 and 7447 do not have a sofa, they have table and chairs instead. 7444,7446,7449 and 7451 have sofas.

Thank you for this information! On both of our cruises, one of our two cabins had that desk and we were upset. I want to avoid that again. Carnival claims that all those cabins are the same!! The agent from CCL who booked my cruise has been emailing the Hotel Director on the ship and she claims there is no difference between any of those cabins.

Thank goodness for Cruise Critic.

I'm just back from our cruise on the Conquest, so I can report on the cabins. My parents were in 6485. They had the slightly wider layout with a sofa. We were in 6489, slightly narrower, no sofa, the vanity desk was directly behind the bathroom. If I had a choice, of course I'd pick the slightly wider one, but I really don't think it made all that much a difference. I was pleasantly surprised with our cabin. This was our first Carnival cruise, it was a gift from my parents, and I was prepared to endure the week with gritted teeth. I needn't have worried. We had a great time!

The best info I can give you about the Conquest (my favorite ship!) is that you need to go to deck 5 or 9 to walk from one end to the other, unless you want to walk down the halls where the rooms are or on an outer deck. We always go to deck 5, Promenade, to walk from our aft room to the ship's stores or the show lounge. Also, on deck 5, you will find a Starbucks style coffee shop. Items from this shop are not included in your "free" food, but the prices are more than reasonable. The strawberry cheesecake is to die for!!!

The layout of the Conquest leaves most newcomers scratching their heads and walking around with a completely bewildered look, because it really can be a challenge to find your way around. Study the deck plan before you go, and be sure to pick up one of the little blue pocket maps from the purser's desk. This will save you a lot of time when you start trying to find your way around.

As for the aft balcony, we had an aft wrap last time, and we absolutely loved it!! We found this location to be very convenient to the places we frequent most....the Monet dining room, internet cafe, and the Lido deck, where we go for frozen yogurt (which is TOO GOOD FOR WORDS TO DESCRIBE!), pizza, and gourmet hot dogs. You will love the Conquest! :) I've been on her 3 times and have 2 more Conquest cruises booked now. :cool:

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

We have done the aft balconies a few times... the only way to go. We will not do the 6000 rooms because of the noise from below and when we did the 8000 rooms we had the scraping of the chairs from the ice cream area (24 hours). We found the 7000 rooms (Empress) is perfect! Slept like a rock! We have done the large aft wrap one time (I think that was the ice cream scrapping one) and it was wonderful, but for the money the other ones are perfect. There is not a "walk thru door" to your neighbor, which we like so we went back to the regular large aft balconies, and yes, the center ones ARE smaller! Getting ready to book another!

Thanks!!

Why does it make a difference what side the bed is on? Now I am curious. The only thing I can think of is you are either traveling backwards or forward, which of course I think I would want to travel forward. OMG! Now I have one more thing to worry about. Jeez! Now how in the world can I tell what side my bed is on. I need to know, or would it be better if I didn't know? :eek:

After reading these posts, am I understanding that all the aft cabins can be viewed from the respective deck above it? Is there no overhand for shade? Is this true for the corner "premium" cabins as well?

After reading these posts, am I understanding that all the aft cabins can be viewed from the respective deck above it? Is there no overhand for shade? Is this true for the corner "premium" cabins as well?

The back of the ship is sloped so part of the balcony is covered (the part by the cabin) and part of the balcony is visible from above (the part near the railing). This is true for the corner suites also with the exception of the short end along the side of the ship.

1392692444049945591S600x600Q85.jpg

• 1 month later...
I'm just back from our cruise on the Conquest, so I can report on the cabins. My parents were in 6485. They had the slightly wider layout with a sofa. We were in 6489, slightly narrower, no sofa, the vanity desk was directly behind the bathroom. If I had a choice, of course I'd pick the slightly wider one, but I really don't think it made all that much a difference. I was pleasantly surprised with our cabin. This was our first Carnival cruise, it was a gift from my parents, and I was prepared to endure the week with gritted teeth. I needn't have worried. We had a great time!

We just booked this room (6485) for our cruise in Jan. 2012...although I thought I was booking a great room, now after reading some of the posts here, I'm concerned?....Did I do the right thing or are we doomed to no sleep?

Thanks for the fast reply! Yes, it is a balcony on the 6th deck. Anything we should know about the Conquest you can think of?

You may hear noise from the lounge below it's now the Comedy Club and there are shows at midnight. You might want to consider seeing if you can move up to deck 7. And yes we have had an aft bacony on deck 6 and we are more morning people so we moved up to 7 on the next Cruise and had no noise. Don't miss the Fish 'n Chips station open at lunch time it's on deck 10 above the buffet.

Hi Firefly!

I am considering OV 6B 2470, 2474, 2473 and 2477. Do you know the differences between 2470 and 2474? My PVP said they are both the same square footage but didn't know how they were configured or where the windows were located.

Thanks in advance! :D

we were just in 2340 on the Destiny which is the same as 2470 on the Conquest. The window were on the portside of the ship. My sister was in the cabin that is the same as 2474. Our cabin was a bigger but hers was still roomy.

I was in a wrap balcony cabin on Conq. My only problem was the amnt. of salt deposite on everything! Other than that it was fantastic! Such great views from back and side when docking! Just don't leave anything out on the table unless it's protected!! I would def. book it again!

Archived