Need new inspiration...

Feeling like a spoiled brat...

Just completed my cruise to Alaska and cannot feel inspired to plan the next one.

No particular destination is calling, and I have exhausted Alaska and Mexico.

Any inspiring words or suggestions? Cruise line and/or destination?

I'm restless in LA, not sleepless in Seattle.

My favorite cruise so far (haven't been to Europe) is the HAL itinerary to the southern Caribbean with a partial transit of the Panama Canal. You're obviously familiar with HAL and Celebrity, so unless you are looking for something different from those "styles", a southern Carib on one of them might be good.

Just completed my cruise to Alaska and cannot feel inspired to plan the next one.

Try northern Europe including Russia (St. Petersburg). We are going on July 22, 2008 for 12 days with RCCL from Harwich, England. Or any European cruise / river boat cruise. I am sure you will love it. Have a wonderful holiday...:) :)

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise through SE Asia and have been to Tahiti twice. FP is a great place to visit if you enjoy water sports and the cultural history/exposure in China, Japan, etc. was incredible.

However, have you thought, if you're not excited about the next cruise, taking a break and trying something else? Land tours are great and a good way to see if you are burned out on cruising or just on traveling. Nothing wrong with either situation - perhaps you just need to take a break from taking a break.

One of my Favorite cruises was to the Panama Canal....not just any though ; when my wife and I went we went to the San Blas Islands and I noticed by your signature you pretty fond of Hal well they go there below are a few of my Favorite pics from there......

Other places Europe or Austrailia are on my list with maybe a trip to Africa in the future.....when I win the Lottery!:D But by far the San Blas Islands (a collection of sand bars? :D) were the most memorable because of the sharp, sharp contrast between how I live and how the Kuna indians live (can you say Gilligan's Island?:D ) http://www.medicalmingle.com/comcast.net/gallery/view_gallery.one?gal_id=122003 just selest the link and scroll through the pics....also you can look at any other pics you like

:D

Andy

Carnival Conquest is doing a New Eastern itinerary Next september 2009 to Key West,Fla. Nassau Bahamas, Freeport Bahamas!! Out of Galveston,Texas!!;)

This begs the question, "Can a Celebrity cruiser endure Carnival???"

What is the airport-to-terminal transfer process like in Galveston?

Really great, no problem;) , And hey give carnival a try out, if you dont youll never know and they have really improved on their quality of service and food and for the price you really cant beat it!!;) Also laidback Galveston has some really great seafood restaurants and Hotels, I eat at landrys On seawall Blvd, and stay at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Check it out on line it faces the Ocean with Balcony scenery!!

Best Regards!

Robert!!;)

Hi restless,

I'm in the LA area too and I'm always insired to take a cruise! In fact, if I don't have a cruise already on the books, I get what's called "CWS" (Cruise Withdrawal Syndrome)! LOL

How about a 14-day cruise to Hawaii on the Golden Princess over Xmas/New Year's? That's the one I'm going on (in addition to Europe next month on the Carnival Freedom). Holiday time is really a blast and we love traveling at that time. You meet so many nice people with families and everyone seems to always be in good spirits! Don't give up yet! You have plenty of options here and I'm sure you'll find one that suits you!

Laurie

Archived