Air Freshner in my checked luggage

Alvida

I have am so nervous about restictions on what's in my checked luggage. I plan on taking a can of airfreshener for the potential smell from the bathroom (and my very regular digestive system:eek: ) and a bottle of downy wrinkle release. Will I have a problem with those items in the airport?

www.tsa.gov to check for what you can & cannot travel on a plane with. Aerosols are fine. Must be 3oz or less and fit in your 1 quart ziploc IF you carry it on the plane. No size limit on checked baggage.

Here's the allowed/prohibited list:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

www.tsa.gov to check for what you can & cannot travel on a plane with. Aerosols are fine. Must be 3oz or less and fit in your 1 quart ziploc IF you carry it on the plane. No size limit on checked baggage.

Here's the allowed/prohibited list:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

Flammable ItemsCarry-onCheckedAerosol (any except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities)NoNo

This is what messed me up when I looked at the TSA site. I wasn't sure that the air freshener would qualify as a "personal care or toiletry" item but I guess it does. Thanks so much for the speedy responses. I'll be on the plane this time next week and I am estatic!!!!

You can take the non aerosol room sprays or I also take one of the Gel type

http://www.glade.com/glass-scents/

While I don't actually travel with room "fresheners" (hubby and I are both sensitive to chemical scents) in general I try to pack as simply as possible--solids products as much as possible--no worry about size for carry-on or whether it's going to leak on your clothing etc. Not always possible, of course, because I do love my deep conditioner and my hand lotion, but--every little bit helps.

Guest carlogesualdo

I hope you're flying in a day early, to allow for any delays. If so, assuming there are no delays and you arrive more or less as scheduled, you could simply find a store and buy it when you get to your port city.

You can put almost anything into your CHECKED bags. Make sure you've never had any fireworks in the suitcases--that will trigger a search! Large bottles of liquids, sprays, etc.. can be put in your checked bags with no problem!

It's only the carry-on things that have those ridiculous restrictions.

Archived