Liquor Prices Ship vs St. Thomas

Vidimom

We will be sailing on the Valor in September and want to restock the liquor cabinet. Trying to get an idea of prices to figure out which is the better deal on liquor.

There are a few specific things we need to get and wanted to know if anyone has an idea of the latest prices on:

Crown Royal

Kaluha (sp?)

Cruzan Rum

Absolute Vodka

If anyone has recently been on the eastern caribbean and knows the prices please let me know.

I did see someone had scanned sales flyers from some of the shops in St. Thomas, but they were over 2 years old.

If there are any good specials we should look out for, please let us know. We will get our full allowance plus possibly add more and just pay the duty to get some for some friends too.

Any information is highly appreciated!

In May Triumph did a special on the first night...my DM bought my DB some of the really big bottles of Crown & rum...I will get her bill tomorrow and come back and let you know the prices...I know they were good prices..just can't remember how much. We bought more in tortola for some good prices...are you going there??

Check St.Maarten cheapest place on earth for alcohol. But by them in a supermarket as thay are cheaper then in the front street. Just to give you an idea Dewar's 1.14L usd 8.70. Now I see we are on the same sailing.

Thanks Caribbeanboy! Yes you are on our roll call. Haven't seen you on there lately. You may want to go check out the latest updates. Are you doing the party? Should be fun!

I forgot about St. Maarten! Ok everyone, what was the best price you got on booze and what did you get? This could be a fun thread. Let's see who got the best deal!

Thank you for the info. I will make sure I check prices on board and maybe even write them down to take off the ship and if I find the same item at a better price, I will wait until I get back on the ship with the flyer and let them match the price. Saves carrying it back to the ship. I know several shops actually deliver it to the ship for you in St. Thomas.

Caribbeanboy glad to have you at the party too! We will have a blast, at least for the hour the drinks are free!

In Feb I know I found cruzan rum cheaper in St. Thomas than on the ship....sorry, don't remember prices. Didn't check St. Martin....

I remembered the store from last time I was there, and I was very happy with the price....I love the cruzan rum!

There are a few specific things we need to get and wanted to know if anyone has an idea of the latest prices on:

Crown Royal - 2L $32

Kaluha (sp?) -

Cruzan Rum - $7.95/L

Absolute Vodka -

Above two prices are from A. H. Riise from the first week of March this year. The flyer I have doesn't have Absolute or Kaluha in it.

Ketel One is $18.95 L

Bailey's $32 for 2L

Hope this helps

Most times if you buy it onboard the first night, there is an additional 10% off sale.

On the Liberty in May I bought 2 liters of Absolute, 2 liters of Tanqueray gin, and one of the Jumbo 3 Liter Bottles of Crown all for $101.00.

Great deal plus you do not have the hassell of lugging it all around. It gets delivered to your room on the last night.

By all means, buy your liquor in St. Martin....St. Thomas can't beat even those prices. Recent example 1L of Grey Goose Vodka, ship price $29, St Martin price $20. Crown Royal Reserve $18 per L, Baileys Irish Cream, $7.95 per L. These are exapmples of what I have experienced in many trips to that fantastic island. And by the way you won't find many if any "flyers" in St. Martin, so getting the ship to match the price is a a pain and not worth it. Shop around St. Martin and you will find incredible deals.

Thank you for your input. We will most definately check out St. Maarten liquor prices. Kind of wish it was the first stop instead of the last! Is there are particular store that you found the best deals at in St. Maarten? We have a tour booked (Bernard's) and I am sure we can get him to drop us there or at least make a stop for libations!

Anyone have the latest prices from the ship? I know they run specials the first night but kind of want to see what the other prices are.

At one of the many (chinese) supermarkets, but they just put the price and if you are a local yoú will get the price in guilders and if they see that you are a tourist they will charge you in USD. Don't worry buddy I go every month to St.Maarten.

There is no where in St Maarten, or elsewhere in St Thomas that gets anywhere near the liquor prices at Kmart in St Thomas. It's within walking distance from Havensite. As an example, Cruzan Rum, Gilby's gin for $3.29 per liter. Other brands are similarly priced. Check it out.

If you want to try something that is really good and you can't get it in the US, get a bottle of Sheridan. I always buy it on the ship, but you may be able to get it in port. It will be a great addition to your liquor cabinet.:D

Thank you all for the information! I will do my homework on these!

KatSt! I made that wonderful discovery in December on the Celebration and it's already on our list to get on the ship. I haven't seen it too many other places.

Anyone know if you can get Sheridan's in St. Thomas and the approximate price?

Archived