flight departures times

MNmomof4

I've never cruised with princess before but I am sailing the Ruby Princess in Jan and our ship is suppose to arrive at Fort Lauderdale at 7:00a.m I was thinking of booking an 11:14 flight home on Air Tran. Does that allow enough time?

You will get lots of varying opinions on this, so be prepared!

I'm on an 11:05am on my next cruise return to FLL and not worried. The airport is 10-15 minutes max.

Sign up for express debarkation once onboard and you'll be among the first off once the ship's cleared upon return. I've watched so many people do express walk-off as I sat there and waited and said "I could've been on the 11:00 flight--now I have HOURS to wait till my 2pm." Not this time! LOL

As a backup I know Continental's phone # by heart and will be ready to call if I think we won't make it.

Enjoy! I know I will! :)

I agree with the OP, you will get TONS of advice on this question. I can tell you, I have an 11:15am flight booked for my October Princess cruise out of FLL. I have no worries about making that flight. I will use express debarkation.

However, prepare yourself for horror stories. They always pop up. ;)

I've never cruised with princess before but I am sailing the Ruby Princess in Jan and our ship is suppose to arrive at Fort Lauderdale at 7:00a.m I was thinking of booking an 11:14 flight home on Air Tran. Does that allow enough time?

I hope so, because I just booked 10:50:eek: I really debated but for a $150 difference. I too have always booked late and sat for hours.

Thank you all for the responses. I'm just not certain about how quick princess is and I dont know the fort lauderdale airport. Does it make a difference if I do the princess transfer to the airport or should I just get a cab? There are only 2 of us traveling

I hope so, because I just booked 10:50:eek: I really debated but for a $150 difference. I too have always booked late and sat for hours.

I'm booked on a 1014 and have no worries at all.

I would advise taking a taxi.

Mike:)

The only time I would never consider a flight before 11AM in FLL is if it's over the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years) or Spring Break because you have so many land tourists in the area during those times when check-in can take 30 minutes+ curbside, over an hour inside the building. And Security takes forever. Other than that, you shouldn't have any problem unless there's an unusual delay at disembarkation, which can happen. I wouldn't even bother with Express Disembarkation. That'll save you maybe 5 minutes at most.

Take a cab. They'll be lined up when you get off the ship.

One point I remember now is you have to be able to handle all your own luggage, so don't pack more than you (and your party) can handle wheeling through the corridor, elevator, and out.

Take a cab. They'll be lined up when you get off the ship. One point I remember now is you have to be able to handle all your own luggage, so don't pack more than you (and your party) can handle wheeling through the corridor, elevator, and out.
Actually, you'll need to be able to handle it going down the escalator, not the elevator. The elevator is/should be reserved for those in wheelchairs needing assistance. A couple of years ago, we were disembarking and had one of the first colored tags for disembarkation, not the Express disembarkation. My daughter needed a wheelchair and we had to wait over 20 minutes for the elevator because of all of the people lugging their luggage who didn't want to lug their luggage. There were two people in wheelchairs whose disembarkation was delayed due to selfishness. That was definitely not fair as we had no other option. If you do Express disembarkation, you should be able to handle all of your luggage throughout the entire disembarkation process.

Archived