Off our 1st cruise, now what?

patches12

We just finished our first cruise, Carnival Destiny, July 6-13. Now what do we do to get good deals? No one mentioned on the ship to book a next cruise before we left. What now?

My husband just came in and said, "I want to go to the Universe Dining Room to get dinner." He is so spoiled! :D

We just finished our first cruise, Carnival Destiny, July 6-13. Now what do we do to get good deals? No one mentioned on the ship to book a next cruise before we left. What now?

My husband just came in and said, "I want to go to the Universe Dining Room to get dinner." He is so spoiled! :D

We loved the Destiny as well. We were on her in May. Now we're booked for Bermuda for the fourth time. Can't wait. Come join us is you like!

Book another cruise! All the other advice is right on the money. Finding the great deals means looking looking looking at many web sites. I can't tell you which web sites here it is against the rules, but when I am looking for a cruise Vacation To Go on, there is a web site that is of great help to find great prices on cruise Vacation To Go on.

There is also a web site that makes the TA's who sell Cruises Compete for your money. I like the idea of TA's who sell Cruises Compete for my hard eared $$.

If you are looking to know which cabins are available on a cruise Vacation to Go on before you have the TA's who sell Cruises Compete for your $$ the web site where the Gnome knows you should not roam alone is a great one for seeing what cabins are available. There is also the Offical CC group cruises, I have not done one but many do and rave about them. There is always a bunch available on the Carnival board.

Good luck!

I agree - pick a time you can both go and book your next cruise. I have a great TA who will look around for me to find great deals. And, even once I have booked, she keeps an eye on it for other deals, price breaks, upgrades, etc.

Then you can sit and anticipate your next cruise and have something wonderful to look forward to.

I was on Carnival earlier this year....Pride Mexican Riviera Cruise in February. Carnival does not try to sell your next cruise while you are on your current cruise. There is no cruise sale department onboard. :rolleyes:

Norwegian Cruise Lines is having a sale right now on certain upcoming sailings this year where the 2nd person is 50% off. That is a good sale! :D

Happy Cruising!!!

I am surprised that you didn't get some kind of a flier during your cruise about booking a future cruise while on the ship.

Someone slipped up.

If you were happy with whom you booked your first cruise with, then stay with them.

Carnival does not do the future cruise sale thing anymore, but you are automatically a past guest now that you have sailed Carnival once which qualifies you for Past Guest discounts. Those discounts usually amount to an upgraded cabin category.

Also, Carnival is one of the few lines to offer a military discount to anyone who is active duty or who has ever served and has an honorable discharge. The further out you book your cruise, the better opportunity to get a premium cabin for a discount. My DH and I are both former military and booked an aft wrap on the Spirit 13 months out and saved $300.00.

for several cruises have come from a large online agency which goes by the name of *****cruisers.com where the ***** is a word for the opposite of dumb. Tuly great savings there for us.

Well if you're like DH and I you begin planning your next cruise the same day your disembark. And then you have to wait however long for that cruise. It's never ending!

THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF IT! THATS WHY ITS GREAT. WHO EVER WANTS IT TO END? LOL THE LAST NIGHT ON THE CRUISE IS ALWAYS SAD FOR ME! LOL. I GO WITH ABOUT 30 /40 OTHER PEOPLE AND WE DECIDE WHAT SHIP WERE GOING ON THE FOLLOWING YEAR ON THE SECOND DAY OF OUR PRESENT CRUISE!!! SO YOUR ARE CORRECT ITS NEVER ENDING! THANK THE GOOD LORD!

for several cruises have come from a large online agency which goes by the name of *****cruisers.com where the ***** is a word for the opposite of dumb. Tuly great savings there for us.

First of all, I love your message so thank you for your creativity. I just tried it, but I believe that the cruisers are single.... as in ***cruiser.com, is that correct? :rolleyes:

Well....we didn't exactly enjoy the Destiny, and it was our first cruise! I think we will try again. We were not impressed with the food or people. Staff was wonderful though. Not much going onboard the ship either during the day. We missed lunch every day since excursions started at 12:00 and so did lunch!

We got a discount on that cruise because my husband works for an airline. He is also retired military/veteran.

We saw a "short line" for special people who had cruised a lot of times. What was that about? Is there a certain number of cruises and what is it called?

Norwegian sounds good. We used every bit of clothes we had and STILL did laundry on the ship. I loved dressing up, but it really was not worth the extra stuff we had to take just to dress up for two nights. We even took a clothes steamer because my dress couldn't be ironed, only steamed. The steamer was very small and we were very careful with it. No flames please. I think next time we just want to wear shorts the whole time and relax so Norwegian Free Style Cruising sounds good to us.

Any advice about where to go? I can only go during spring break, fall break, summer, and Christmas break. We thought about a cruise from the U.S. to Europe....then thought about the cost of the airline ticket back home. :D Ouch!

Thanks gang!

Hi again Patches (we cruised Destiny together). The "short line" was for the Platinum members...those with 10 cruises under their belt.

Not sure if you are interested in an Alaska itinerary but we are looking at booking our 4th cruise with Carnival on the Spirit (Freestyling NCL also does Alaska itineraries). They sail one way itineraries (Anchorage/Vancover or vice versa) during the summer and, from everything I've read, the guests are older and the kids significantly fewer, so the guest mix will be a lot different than the Destiny cruise. There are also several "at sea" days so you shouldn't run into the lunchtime dining issues you encountered. My 11 DD can't fathom not doing a tropical summer vacation, but we believe that, once she gets to Alaska it will be a real eye opener (and will tie in very well with current debate on global warming!) and that she will be glad she went.

Also FYI, we're military as well, and have always found the military rates to be better than past guest discounts so definitely make sure you ask for those rates when booking.

Best of luck to you and hope you enjoy your next cruise, wherever it may be!:)

Suzan

Well....we didn't exactly enjoy the Destiny, and it was our first cruise! I think we will try again. We were not impressed with the food or people. Staff was wonderful though. Not much going onboard the ship either during the day. We missed lunch every day since excursions started at 12:00 and so did lunch!

We got a discount on that cruise because my husband works for an airline. He is also retired military/veteran.

We saw a "short line" for special people who had cruised a lot of times. What was that about? Is there a certain number of cruises and what is it called?

Norwegian sounds good. We used every bit of clothes we had and STILL did laundry on the ship. I loved dressing up, but it really was not worth the extra stuff we had to take just to dress up for two nights. We even took a clothes steamer because my dress couldn't be ironed, only steamed. The steamer was very small and we were very careful with it. No flames please. I think next time we just want to wear shorts the whole time and relax so Norwegian Free Style Cruising sounds good to us.

Any advice about where to go? I can only go during spring break, fall break, summer, and Christmas break. We thought about a cruise from the U.S. to Europe....then thought about the cost of the airline ticket back home. :D Ouch!

Thanks gang!

Patches,

Please note that there are several other cruise lines which compete with Carnival in terms of price and itineraries, some of which are owned by Carnival Cruise Lines, but cater to entirely different segments of the cruise market.

The cruise lines you want to look at, are Celebrity, RCCL, Princess, and HAL. And look at cruises to Alaska, as there is much to see and do on an Alaskan cruise. From your schedule you are an educator, and a cruise to Alaska on a Celebrity ship during the summer, will be a wonderful experience for you and your DH. Celebrity seems to attract people who are older but not old, better educated, more affluent and interesting, though not stuffy or snobbish. However, a Celebrity cruise has formal nights where the majority of passengers will dress up and to me, well worth it. And don't take a steamer, just a dress or black pants/top for you and a tie and jacket for him. As you mentioned Europe, going on a Celebrity cruise is like going to a fine European hotel.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Just went to the site and it looks promising! Do they sell the travel insurance as well, or will I need to purchase that elsewhere? Thanks for the awesome tip!

I tried that site and it won't let me in because I need a name and password. What is that all about. It doesn't even tell you how to sign up.

When you go to the homepage there is a login for current users at the top, and off to the left there is a "Join Today" link. You can then register and get deals from the site and by email if you choose :)

Archived