Already falling in love with HAL!

AKBeagleMom

First time cruiser here. I've asked tons of questions, and got many great replies thanks to Cruise Critic.

Today we received our cruise documents! I now understand what people mean when they do the "document dance!" :D This is exciting and it's becoming "real" now, even though our cruise is still about 2 months away.

Anyway, I called HAL to update our special request and medical info, and the lady (Molly) was SO nice. She was very friendly, and extremely patient with me asking zillions of newbie questions. :) We ended up letting HAL in on our big secret and so we're scheduled for a honeymoon celebration on the first formal night.

I'm so giddy I can hardly sit still!

:) We ended up letting HAL in on our big secret and so we're scheduled for a honeymoon celebration on the first formal night.

I'm so giddy I can hardly sit still!

Congratulations - I'm sure you'll love the cruise ... and congratulations on the upcoming wedding/honeymoon as well!

But, just so you don't get surprised later ... we had also identified ourselves as being on our honeymoon when we booked. On the first formal night at sea last month, nothing special was done (if you mention it to your dining steward, that may trigger something - we had assumed it was automatic). The next night when we went to the Pinnacle Grill, we did mention it was our honeymoon when we were being seated, and they gave us a chocolate cake with "Happy Honeymoon" written on top. A nice touch, but we hadn't been expecting it so we had already ordered and eaten another desert! They wrapped it for us so we could put it in the refrigerator in our cabin and we ate it later.

Hey AKBeagleMom, congratulations on doing your doc dance. Nothing like it excepted getting on board that dam ship. Welcome to the boards, and congratulations on you upcoming honeymoon. Wow, what a way to spend it. Taxguy7 what a nice thing for you to say..........

Archived