Just Booked on the Star Princess

WildcatCruiser99

Welcome to CC. We have sailed on the Star twice and had a fantastic time. There are several Star reviews that have been posted in the last couple of months. :)

The Star is going into drydock in September for some great enhancements that will mirror those of the newer Grand Class ships.

WildcatCruiser99, you should have a wonderful time on the Star Princess. We spent 37 days on her last winter and loved every minute. Here is a website that has nice photos of all the venues, with write ups and altho it was done in 2002, still good information. http://members.fortunecity.com/parnami/StarPrincess/index.htm

Can't think of a bad experience we had on her...everything was positive. Enjoy!

i just booked my first Alaska Cruise (May 2009) on Star Princess. I would love to see ship pictures or hear about any type (good or bad) experiences.

Thanks!

Happy Cruising!

WildcatCruiser99:D

Hi WildcatCruiser99,

We love the Star and will we sailing her for the fourth time in just 99 days!!!:D

Here are my ship pictures

The links below will take you to all my cruise photos.

i just booked my first Alaska Cruise (May 2009) on Star Princess. I would love to see ship pictures or hear about any type (good or bad) experiences.

Thanks!

Happy Cruising!

We're booked on the Star to Alaska next year too and can't wait. One of the things we enjoy on the Crown is the International Cafe so I'm glad that the Star will have this area added before we cruise. Have a great cruise - wish we were going sooner!

Thanks everyone for the awesome pictures that you posted :D

Hello CrusDiva,

thanks for the photos. i was wondering how your view was from your balcony?

Thanks,

WildcatCruiser99,

You are welcome.

I hope I haven't confused you - our Alaska cruise was on the Coral - and here is the view from our balcony (D218) in College Fjord.

1043572588_bb9b8f3b93.jpg?v=0

Alaska Photos

As for balconies on the Star, you will find them very similar. We were in a forward balcony cabin for our Caribbean cruise and both forward and midship mini-suites (the ones in Europe) on the Star and have enjoyed each balcony. What I generally do is take a photo of each port upon arrival from the balcony so in all of my pictures you'll see what the view was each day. I know some people don't like the minis on Dolphin deck because they are not covered but we have no problem with them and love the extra room in the cabin.

WildcatCruiser99

How exciting!!!!!

You are going to have a great time.

Don't forget to come back and write a review.

:)

I know some people don't like the minis on Dolphin deck because they are not covered but we have no problem with them and love the extra room in the cabin.

We actually had a mini on the Island Princess - Dolphin Deck (D707) and it was fully covered. The extra cabin space is really great!

Here is a link to a great site regarding balconies on the Coral and Island

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Yep, we're "it" - the "friends" LARGIN was refering to. Will let you all know :D

O.K. Dona we are depending on you to let us know what the new "stuff" is going to be like.:D

By the way those pics of the Star are fantastic. Thanks.

Marilyn

Anyone tell me if the Star has a laundry or laundries and where they're located.

We sail first week in Sept, last cruise before drydock, I believe:D

kingmankruiser,

All passenger decks, with the exception of Lido, have self service laundries. For the most part you'll find them just beyond the aft elevators. :)

Spouse and I just returned from the Star for our first Alaska cruise. We had an absolutely wonderful time. The Star is a beautiful ship now, but will be better next summer because she is going into dry dock in September.

I seldom post here, but do regularly lurk to see what other folks are saying. I will post a review on our experience sometime next week. After reading some of the highly critical reviews here, I believe we must have been aboard a totally different ship in another universe. We were WOWed!!!!:) :)

Archived