Afternoon Tea!

Beckyv

On all the Carnival ships I've been on they've had this at around 3 in the afternoon on sea days. It will be posted in the capers. I go just for the special little pastries as I don't particularly care for tea or the little sandwiches :o . They'll be someone playing classical music on the piano and you don't have to dress up for it. I think someone posted pics of the "goodies" on another thread.

Usually on sea days they have a "tea time" at one of the lounges. They have a selection of teas, and serve pastries. Check you Carnival Capers for times and location.

ah that answered my second question, thanks!

Hi Becky. I see you're in England. It won't be 'high tea' as I've experienced in England, but it's a very nice way to spend a few minutes of a bit of elegance w/soft music in the background. I've seen pianists, as well as string quartets. I never miss 'tea time'. I have felt odd sitting there in shorts, with the white-gloved service, but folks aren't expected to 'dress' for this every sea day event.

They have a variety of teas from which to choose, even my favorite, "Blue Eyes", which I rarely see in tea rooms anymore. The food seem to vary with different cruises, but it's always been delightful. I've had scones w/lemon curd, tea sandwiches, mini cream puffs and other pastries, tiny tea biscuits w/jam, etc.

Enjoy!:)

Tea used to be a very poorly attended event on cruises in the past, at least the ones I was on, but this year it seems everyone on the ship has learned about what a wonderful thing it is. I arrived 10 minutes late on our last cruise and there was nowhere to sit! So be sure to arrive on time, or a few minutes early, to make sure you can choose a nice table.

Quick question for POPSEC :) Are you a fan of Sec champagne like us? I saw your name and had to ask!

LOL......no........popsec came from a little filly I had once that was a total surprise. The mare's name was Jiffy Pop, hence the name Pop Secret for the foal.

Being new to Carnival, this sounds similar to HAL's afternoon tea. Hubby and I always enjoyed it on HAL. Granted, we were usually less than half the age of all other guests at tea, but really enjoyed it. If we were lucky, we were sitting next to some WWII vets that hubby could listen to for hours, especially if they were Air Force. Visits like that really made our afternoon teas so memorable. God bless our veterans!

Have to ask, it may seem a daft question, is the Tea made with boiling water.

Because in the past when we've been to the States, most of the places do not sereve it piping hot compared to the coffe.:confused:

And my missus loves her cup of Rosie,

Just a thougth, nothing to do with the Boston Tea Party:eek:

Because in the past when we've been to the States, most of the places do not sereve it piping hot compared to the coffe.:confused:

No, it isn't. Having been a tea drinker my entire life (and having lived with an Englishman for several years), I'm really particular about my tea. Pouring hot water from a jug just doesn't really do it. Now, the water from the dispenser at the drink stations is very, very hot and makes fine tea.

We go to tea anyway. Delicious little smoked salmon canapes.

Sadly, there was a young family who came in on the Glory, in their beach clothes (they must've come straight from the pool) with two small children and sat right next to the classical trio. They then allowed the children to climb all over the furniture, including the backs of the upholstered seats where others were sitting having their tea and listening to the trio. The young man and woman proceeded to shout across the table at each other (not in an angry way, just in the all-too-typical overloud voices that everyone seems to use these days), and stuff the kids with tea and sweets.

Totally disrupted everything. And they were totally oblivious to the fact that tea is NOT the time to let the little darlings use the furniture as jungle gyms.

I just didn't understand why they'd bring the small children in for something like tea. It's not like they couldn't get food anywhere on the ship at that time of day.

Anyway, we normally enjoy tea time. That was the one exception.

The afternoon teas that we have been to on Carnival have not had tea made the 'proper' way. They have the thermal carafes of hot water and pour it over your tea bag.

I am in tea withdrawal during a cruise lol. One of the first things we do when we get home is to get the tea kettle on the stove and boil water.

The afternoon teas are very nice with yummy sandwiches and pastries, we enjoy going to them.

Hi Becky. I see you're in England. It won't be 'high tea' as I've experienced in England, but it's a very nice way to spend a few minutes of a bit of elegance w/soft music in the background. I've seen pianists, as well as string quartets. I never miss 'tea time'. I have felt odd sitting there in shorts, with the white-gloved service, but folks aren't expected to 'dress' for this every sea day event.

They have a variety of teas from which to choose, even my favorite, "Blue Eyes", which I rarely see in tea rooms anymore. The food seem to vary with different cruises, but it's always been delightful. I've had scones w/lemon curd, tea sandwiches, mini cream puffs and other pastries, tiny tea biscuits w/jam, etc.

Enjoy!:)

Hi!

Sounds lovely, thanks for the information.

Also thanks for the yummy pictures above they are making my mouth water!!!:p

I am smoked salmon fanatic - and go specifically for the lovely ss tea sandwiches - excellent afternoon snack - followed up with some sweets of course (and earl grey tea) - so yummy and relaxing and I have always had some interesting tablemates to chat with as well!

(On 2 separate cruises I went alone to the tea - 1st time ended up sitting with a couple who live in my city - just blocks away!!! and 2nd time sat with 2 couples (french) from across the river in Quebec - what a small world!)

I have meant to try this out everytime I've cruised, and always seem to forget about it-:( Always out on the Lido deck about that time. . .:rolleyes: One of these days I'll get there-I love tea, and the pastiries and sandwiches look fantastic!:)

No, it isn't. Having been a tea drinker my entire life (and having lived with an Englishman for several years), I'm really particular about my tea. Pouring hot water from a jug just doesn't really do it. Now, the water from the dispenser at the drink stations is very, very hot and makes fine tea.

We go to tea anyway. Delicious little smoked salmon canapes.

Thanks for tip.

Well, as this is our first cruise, I don't think the (not) hot tea is going to be a big issue having looked at the pics. We will definately be trying it out, along with the DOD, etc. Hic :D

Archived