All Things Fascination

Quincella

Our table mates had a suite on Veranda deck which gave them VIP. They said that it did them no good until they actually got in the terminal building. They still had to deal with the parking and dragging luggage to the terminal. They still waited in line outside the terminal. Once inside they went straight throught the security line and then straight to the Sail and Sign line and straight on board. There total time from arrival at the port to Lido deck was about 1 hour. Ours was nearly 3 hrs! More about that when I post my review.

Well I'd definitely prefer an hour over three!

Thanks for the info!

Well I'd definitely prefer an hour over three!

Thanks for the info!

We didn't have VIP status and our wait from the time our taxi dropped us off until we were on board was about an hour so we did find the lines moved pretty efficiently with a lot of people there at the same time.

Yes we just debarked this morning with "VIP"status(HaHa) this was an utter joke. As posted by previous posters i feel it is largley due to the amount of passengers utilizing the policy of ATTEMTING to carry their luggage off. We were at our assinged area at 8:30 and did not leave until after 9:00. In fact they called numbers 1-8 at the same time we were leaving the lounge. I will just compare this to debarkation on the Glory in June for which we were assinged # 29 and off the ship by 10:00. Embarkation was not much better

either we walked in the door of the terminal at 12:30 aprox. 1 hr later we were taking our boarding picture. There were two nice ladies trying to handle way too large a crowd.

Well we made platinum on this cruise and for the embarkation/debarkation it was a huge disappointment.

JaxPort and Carnival do not have it down yet with the Fascination.

Oh by the way last Oct embarking and debarking the Celebration was WONDERFUL.

Fluff, dont' know about any hotels near I-95 FL/GA border, but found the Fairfield Inn & Suites at Jacksonville Airport for October 31st, night before the cruise. Our package includes transportation to the cruise ship.

I have read that parking at the pier is $15 a day. We will be on a five day cruise leaving Nov 1st on Fasination. My question is will they charge the full $15 on the last day, Thursday, when we arrive back at port? I'm trying to decide which will be cheaper, driving to and parking at the pier, or using the shuttle service our hotel offers.

I am with you here all the way! We always, go to a leisurely breakfast, then walk around and slowly find our way to the place we need to be when it is our turn to leave the ship. We make sure to get our full 4, 5 or 7 days in on the cruise. ;)

We all want to get on as fast as we can, but why do people want to get off so fast, other than early flights? :confused::confused:

jw:cool:

Probably in anticipation of the 13 hour drive home that day (which we will be doing...yuck!):(

I did not hear a specific call for VIP but I may have missed it although I don't think so.

We had VIP. Everyone with VIP was given a letter the day before as where and what time to meet. The embarkation went good also, or atleast I thought. We didn't get there until going on 3 and the line was fairly long to get into the building. As soon as you get inside the building, they send all vip's down their own line for the metal detectors, then off to a comfy room to get all of the paperwork done. From the time I walked through the front door til the time I was on the ship may have been 15 minutes.

Grandmato4, sorry I didn't make it on intime for a meet and greet. I kept looking for someone wearing an angel pin, but never saw you. Did anyone else show up?

Grandmato4, sorry I didn't make it on intime for a meet and greet. I kept looking for someone wearing an angel pin, but never saw you. Did anyone else show up?

No shows that I met up with. We didn't hang around the area long as the bar is not open in that area. Was also hoping to meet up with you!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the on October 9th sailing on the Fascination. Our longest wait to emark on the ship wasn't long at all. We got there about 12:30, checked out luggage and went to park. The guy driving the golf cart gave us a ride back to the terminal. My husband and I are both in our 40's and could have walked but hey, he offered so we took him up on it.

I am VIP so we breezed right through once we got inside the terminal. I guess all the bugs got worked out.

Twice I used the Carnival Conciege Desk. I was able to walk ahead of the line. Once there was a passenger tried to jump in front of me and the guy behind the desk saw me holding my sail and sign card and asked her to step aside so he could assist me. I thought that was cool. The lady was very nice about it.

Debarkation was relatively easy for us. There was a couple who was holding up everyone. My husband wanted to get off the ship so we went and did the VIP debarkation at 7:30 and we were off the ship by 8:15 and on our way home. Just handed customs our declarations page and that was it.

For anyone that would like to read it I just finished my review of our Oct 4th sailing on the Fascination on the Carnival Board.

Fascination 10/4 sailing.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Technically, I think "they" frown on bumping. Unless it's one of the stupid "official" cruise threads (which bump all the good discussion threads off the front page!). :o

Where's the review? On the main Cruise Critic member review board or here on the Carnival board? Maybe I missed it. Can you provide a link?

I'd like to know from those of you who've recently sailed....what time did you arrive at the port? What's the earliest Carnival let you board? On past cruises I've never arrived at the port before 12-12:30 but I'd love to board earlier this time. Any info would be appreciated...

Right Hockey????? :D :D :D

Diane

I feel so bad!

I was on my way to work this morning, and was channel surfing, when I hear some DJs talking about heading to Jacksonville for their Rock 96 Bahama Cruise!!!!

:eek:

So I just went to their Roll Call, and there was no mention of it. And I'm sure everyone's already on their way to Jax or the port and won't see my warning.

Those folks hoping for a nice, peaceful, relaxing few days in the sun will be in for a surprise when they discover that not only are they sharing the boat with a bunch of Rock station listeners, but there are two bands who will be playing concerts.

Even if you like the bands and are young and want to party with the folks cruising, unless you pay their exhorbitant prices (website had insides at around $650 per person!), you don't get to join in the activities. So you get to suffer the crowd and noise without getting to take part.

I keep checking to see if I can find groups booked on my upcoming cruises, but sometimes they aren't listed on the few sites that disclose these things.

All I know is that it is really annoying to book at a hotel and find that it's been taken over by a group (ANY group). Because they all act as though it is their own private resort. Even if they don't intend to be that way, they end up being loud, annoying, and inconsiderate, just due to the sheer volume of people.

I would be livid if I booked a cruise and found out I was sharing it with ANY group.

I just wish I had heard about this earlier and could've gotten some warning to them. :(

I'd like to know from those of you who've recently sailed....what time did you arrive at the port? What's the earliest Carnival let you board? On past cruises I've never arrived at the port before 12-12:30 but I'd love to board earlier this time. Any info would be appreciated...

Right Hockey????? :D :D :D

Diane

DANG SKIPPY!!! :D :D :D ( I will win the war with Wakerider )

I keep checking to see if I can find groups booked on my upcoming cruises, but sometimes they aren't listed on the few sites that disclose these things.

Which sites do you check to find out about the bookings on the cruises?

jw:cool:

Archived