All Things Fascination

Quincella

Any good restaurants near the JAX pier?

Near the port? No.... Wendy's....... that's it.... if you have a car with you, take 9A South to Atlantic Blvd.... there's the usual... Chili's, TGI Fridays, Starbucks, Panera Bread Co, and the fast food places.

Jax Beach pier? Yes... tons!!!

Awesome pictures, we are neighbors, we are in Fernandina. Great tip for the Dames Point also. We sometimes take the jet skis up that way. We leave on her Thursday.

I didn't know you could go under the bridge for years. DH works near there and found it one day... he'll go there and eat lunch to get away from work... It's pretty quiet there except the occasional big truck going over the bridge. I guess it's some kind of city park. There is a house there and a cop lives there. Lot's of people fishing off of the pier there!

When we were there yesterday they cought some baby catfish, a eel, trout, blue crabs.... and a stingray!

DSC_0038.jpg

kinda neat

DSC_0006.jpg

Have fun on your cruise!!! Write us a review!!

Any one have an aft OVR looking out at the wake? In either the Fascination or other Fantasy class? Deciding between the Emperess deck in the middle, or the Upper deck aft. Wasn't sure how the motion is and getting around. Any input as always appreciated:) .

Code d

What is the date of your sailing? Dh and I will be sailing 10/27/08. We have a aft cabin on the empress deck. We had a aft before on the Ectasy and loved it. Two years ago, we sailed on the Miracle from tampa and it was so much fun because everyone wore costumes and the ship was decorated with halloween theme, so we decided to do this theme cruise again. We love the fact that we can now sail from Jax., because we live in Panama City, Fl. and it is only about 4 hrs. and 30 min. away .

bc cruiser

Any one have an aft OVR looking out at the wake? In either the Fascination or other Fantasy class? Deciding between the Emperess deck in the middle, or the Upper deck aft. Wasn't sure how the motion is and getting around. Any input as always appreciated:) .

I have had this and loved the view. It was very nice to watch all the dogs bark at us. lol We had dolphins follow us out as well. We had the Upper and we did have a lot of motion but it was very doable.

We will be aboard her on 10-9-08 so we will give you all an update on her when we return. Especially since there isnt a whole lot about her out there. Happy cruising to all of you! BTW.. i'm so excited because this is my very First Cruise! Only 16 days to go! :p

We will be aboard her on 10-9-08 so we will give you all an update on her when we return. Especially since there isnt a whole lot about her out there. Happy cruising to all of you! BTW.. i'm so excited because this is my very First Cruise! Only 16 days to go! :p

mitaha,

We will be on the same cruise!

I hope you enjoy it.

I was a little disappointed with my first cruise because my friends built up the

excitement too much and it could not live up to my expectations. But, I have come back for more.

Enjoy,

Ty

daytonadan,

Thanks for posting the video. Hopefully I will be seeing that bridge in person soon. Sometimes we don't realize the ship is moving and miss this part.

Ty

your welcome, I get to be tortured every week day she's in port, I drive that bridge to get to work.. the cruise up the river is REALY great, when you go hang out on the starboard side....

daytonadan

daytonadan,

Thanks for posting the video. Hopefully I will be seeing that bridge in person soon. Sometimes we don't realize the ship is moving and miss this part.

Ty

http://dataservices.namapmterminals.com/apmt/cameras2.aspx?address1=http://10.1.197.151/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?resolution=352x288&address2=http://10.1.197.153/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?resolution=352x288

one more thing if you've got nothing better to do on saturday or thursday about 4pm, or so this is the live web cam from the cargo terminal down stream from the port, (saw this on another thread)

daytonadan

DaytonaDan you may be able to answer this question. We are flying down next Friday,and I am scared to pack alcohol in my luggage. (Can I?) When we shuttle to the terminal Saturday morning, is there a Walgreens or some place that I can buy some bottled water, diet Mt. Dew and liquor? I'm not sure if I can pack liquor in my suitcase. I guess I could. I was going to pour it in an empty water bottle (2) before we get on the ship.

Any stores on the way so I can direct the taxi?

Thanks ~ 10 MORE DAYS!!!!

YEA!!! Our flight lands around supper time. Spring Hill Suites said their shuttle would take us anywhere close to the hotel once we got there. After we check in, we may go get a bite to eat and then on to Wal-Mart. Is Wal-Mart close to eating places? The lady at SHSuites said there was plenty to eat in the area. I just don't know how far everything is to each other. The airport is about 12 miles away - that's all I know!!

try: http://www.jaxclarion.com they do the park and cruise or fly and cruise packages that include being picked up from the airport before the cruise taking you to the cruise terminal and then picking you up after the cruise and taking you either back to the hotel or to the airport -all in one price, plus they dont charge you to leave your car if you park it there while you cruise if you stayed a night precruise!

YEA!!! Our flight lands around supper time. Spring Hill Suites said their shuttle would take us anywhere close to the hotel once we got there. After we check in, we may go get a bite to eat and then on to Wal-Mart. Is Wal-Mart close to eating places? The lady at SHSuites said there was plenty to eat in the area. I just don't know how far everything is to each other. The airport is about 12 miles away - that's all I know!!

I think you will find this place is closer than the airport Walmart. SHS is way south of airport on Southside Blvd.

Total Wine and More, the hotel should know where is is, but here is link to the store. It is a 2 or so miles from the hotel.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=4413+Town+Center+Pkwy+%23300+Jacksonville,+FL+32246&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image&aq=t

And yes, you are in the heart of one of the restaurant areas of Jax. Many good places. Ask the concierge for the type of food you want and they will tell you which place to go.

jw:cool:

DaytonaDan you may be able to answer this question. We are flying down next Friday,and I am scared to pack alcohol in my luggage. (Can I?) When we shuttle to the terminal Saturday morning, is there a Walgreens or some place that I can buy some bottled water, diet Mt. Dew and liquor? I'm not sure if I can pack liquor in my suitcase. I guess I could. I was going to pour it in an empty water bottle (2) before we get on the ship.

Any stores on the way so I can direct the taxi?

Thanks ~ 10 MORE DAYS!!!!

Theres a jiffy store (convience) at the exit from 9a south bound, and heckshire dr. beer and wine in florida, the walgreens is on main st just north of the exit from 9a.. if you can con your driver into going ALL the way down Duval Road (airport rd) there are some shopping centers, I know lowes and wally world not sure what else,never really paid attention but an abc liquors might be there... and this wound dump you on main st (Rt17) near the walgreens and winn dixie. a short jump to 91 and the cruise port...

tell ya what if I can remember tommorrow night I'll try to look for a package store on my way home.. check back

be nice to the guy in the silver saturn vue that might go flying past ya it may be me....

daytonadan

Archived