All Things Fascination

Quincella

'Evolutions of Fun' Upgrades

The 70,000-ton Carnival Fascination underwent a multi-million-dollar renovation last year, the first phase in the line's extensive "Evolutions of Fun" shipboard enhancement initiative for its eight "Fantasy-class" vessels. The refurbishment included a new nine-hole miniature golf course, a patisserie, an atrium lobby bar, conference center, and expansive new facilities for children and teens, part of the line's top-rated "Camp Carnival" and "Club O2" programs, respectively.

In addition to a completely renovated spa, all 1,026 staterooms aboard the Carnival Fascination were upgraded with flat screen TVs, an entirely new décor and completely remodeled bathrooms. Two new lavish production shows, Fiesta Latina and Far From Over: the 80s, were added, as well.

Future "Evolutions of Fun" upgrades for the Carnival Fascination - scheduled to be completed in 2009 -- include an expansive Carnival WaterWorks aqua park, a new design style and features for the mid-ship pool area, and a new "Serenity" adults-only deck area, all part of a dramatic transformation of the ship's open decks.

I am going to tax my brains here (having been on both the 3 and 4 day itin on Fascination):p If I remember correctly the only midnight buffet is the night you would depart from Nassau and it was Mexican in theme. Oh yeah, the midnight buffet starts around 11:30:rolleyes: Make sure you try their homemade flour tortillas with the cheese sauce (hint add some of the taco meat and make it even yummier:D ). Enjoy your trip:)

I have just booked the Fascination cruise on 12/13. It is going to sort of be a B2B. We are on the Glory out of Port Canaveral on the 7 day E. Carib 12/6 returning 12/13. It is only about a 2 hr drive from Canaveral to Jax, so I think we should be ok. Anyone have any opinions on how doable this is?

I have a Cat 12 and 3 ocean view cabins for 9/25/08, if I am not mistaken this will be the 2nd trip out of Jacksonville which is 20 min from my front door, so I am VERY excited about that. No there is not alot of info on this ship, I know we will still have a good time because anytime we can be away from real life it is good. I will make sure to post pictures of the CAT 12 when we return.

GOING nOV 10, 2008 OUT OF JAC LOKKING FORWARD TO THIS CRUISE. CARNIVALS MY FAVORATE CRUISE LINE. WRITE A REVIEW FOR ALL OF US WHO WILL BE CRUISING AFTER YOU

I will make sure that I post a review. There is very little about this ship out there. I am excited that this ship is so close to my house. We drove to Miami last Dec and man what a drive. I have been on sister ships and have had a great time so I know this will be awesome. I will not be home and will be on vacation so I can't wait. I think we are down to 34 days.

I believe it is natural when it is a smaller/older ship that there's just not as much interest. That does not mean we do not want to know information. It just means that smaller ship just do not get the same attention as 7 day itinerary ships.

You will also find this to be true of the roll call. Smaller ships/Smaller itinerary does not normally have a large roll call.

Plus right now with the Fascination going out of Miami aren't they doing 3/4 day cruises? Once it moves to Jacksonville the itinerary changes to 4/5 day itineraries.

I am hoping once the ship moves there will be more interest and more information will then be available.

I have been on 2 Fantasy Class ships, Fantasy and Sensation. I am just trying to think the Fascination is going to be similar.

Great!!! I am going to be on the Fascination twice in a month this spring. I am hoping on the first one with DH I can find a good bartender and then on the second one with my 16 yo I can visit my bartender. At least then I will have something to do.

Archived