All Things Fascination

Quincella

From what I have read those upgrades have already been done. I posted a few things about upgrades back a little bit. It has more details. I know that everything is suppose to be done by the end of 2009.

The ship has undergone some of the refurbishment with additional work scheduled as part of the Evolutions of Fun. I don't believe that will be accomplished until sometime in '09. The cabins do have flat panel TV's, but I don't remember seeing any front A/V jacks (and neither does my son, who is a gaming freak:rolleyes: ). Sorry:(

Is anyone sailing Feb. 12/09 on the Fascination? The roll call only has 2 people on it!!!!

We are getting married on this sailing while the ship is docked in Nassau...

Does anyone have any pictures of the Passage to India lounge or of the 88 Piano bar? I've seen the ones on Carnival's website...just wondering if anyone has any other...

THANKS!:o:o:o

Check this site for the upgrades...

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/fleet/fascination/FascinationFactSheet.htm

and this page...

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/fascination.php

click on "public rooms" - it lists all the bars, restaurants (including the sushi bar).

Or if you just look at the deck plans, you'll see these things. Sometimes not so easy to tell what the space really is, but Carnival's ship pages have lots of photos and additional info.

Don't limit yourself to Webshots for photos. I usually just Google the ship name + photos and get tons of hits.

We are sailing on 9/20 her first trip out of Jax. I'm so excited. It's the 5 day. It will be me, dh, and our bffs.

You should go check and see if you can get a room upgrade and OBC like we did, I posted the info on the Fascination Roll call board for 09/20/08~:D

You should go check and see if you can get a room upgrade and OBC like we did, I posted the info on the Fascination Roll call board for 09/20/08~:D

Well, we are going with a large group. It's a company sponsered cruise, so I don't think that would work for us, but thanks for the tip!!!

Glad I came across this thread and found out about the new upgrades. I'm surprising my DD on our Sept 12th cruise. I got an awesome rate for this cruise and a shipboard credit was added last week due to a price drop. Can't wait to sail.

On both of our trips the sushi bar was open from 5pm to 8pm each night. They only offer 3 different types of sushi each night with pickled cucumbers and carrots in a sesame oil as sides. Of course they have the pickled ginger and wasabi:D It was all very good. The first night they had a seared ahi tuna that was out of this world:) DH and kids are part japanese, so you know if they think it's good, it was;)

My friends kid me that they can always find me on a cruise during sushi hours. :p

On the Sensation they did not have a good system and you had to get there early so you would not have to wait an hour in line. It was crazy. So instead of waiting an hour after the opened, I was in line early and waited 20 minutes before they opened.

I did not see this as an issue on the Fantasy or the Celebration. I am going on the Pride in November. I am hoping they will have a good set up. I really like to have my sushi fix.

I did like the way the RCI ships do their sushi. They have it as a buffet in the buffet line and you serve yourself in the evenings. They have servers that come around and will sale you sake.

Archived