Forma dress

EKELLEY

I like the style a lot but I'm not sure about the color; You need to be sure this shade of brown is flattering to you. I think on some people it would be too bland, while on others it would look great.

Exactly what I was going to say. I can't wear this color, but I have a friend who would look terrific in it.

Alot of you are saying it's ok if the color suits me. Are you saying I need to have a nice tan to wear this color or be light like the model? I wore this brown dress last year on our cruise.

th_editedpicture3.jpg

I think it is how the brown goes with your skin tone, whether dark or light.

For instance, I can't wear browns that have even a slight gold cast to them, but my sister looks terrific in them. I need a deep chocolate brown, or if lighter, like a cocoa brown. (almost pink-brown)

So for me, I could wear the color in the pic you posted from your last cruise, but couldn't wear the first dress....although it is gorgeous. It would be better if I were tan, but still not my best color. My sister however would shine in it!!

I agree that the color is iffy, although the style and cut of the dress is lovely. With the tan you're showing in the picture of you that you posted, you'd probably be ok. I actually don't think the model's skin tone looks that wonderful with this dress. They're too similar and she looks almost nude.

They style is great. And I agree with others about the coloring. It's very important that it doesn't wash you out. That color would look horrible on me. I look good in cool colors (blue undertones) and almost no tans and maybe one or two very deep blackish-browns would look good on me. That color would look good on someone with warm skin tones, like an Autumn (there was a time when people's coloring was analyzed and they were determined to be a particular "season").

Does it come in other colors? I love the style. It's a classic. You know your skin tone, so if the color works for you then go for it!

Unfortunately, it wouldn't work for me. I'd have to find a different color--a deep emerald green, burgundy, navy blue, chocolate brown, etc.

I actually have a gown in that color and it is attractive on me. The color can be subtle and elegent. Your gown like mine has rhinestone (or something similiar) accents and you can brighten up the look with similar accessories.

You will know when you put on the gown if it is a color that will work for you.

Archived