Need Recommendations For Hotels

MotherofTrips

We are cruising in November and flying down 2 nights prior and staying 1 extra day after the cruise. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale? I am traveling with my husband, mother and 3 children.

Thanks for any information that you can give me!

We used the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami 2 years ago and in Apirl for our Freedom Cruise. The Holiday Inn is in the best location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Great Hotel with great room service for breakfast. Our room was 901 and we had a view of the ships at the cruise terminal. This hotel has free WIFI.

Go here to see more pictures and read about the Holiday Inn: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316151

The Address is 340 Biscayne Blvd

attachment.php?attachmentid=18590&d=1142713358

This is a picture from the room, over looking Bayside Market and the Port of Miami, you can see a few ships in the background, thats how close you are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18549&d=1142686699

While you are there, go to South Beach Deco District and have breakfast at one of their outdoor cafes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18569&d=1142702590

For day after cruise, we actually stay at the MIA hotel for convience.

Since we fly back to the west coast, our departure flights are usually very early. Who wants to get up at 4am, shower, pack, catch a cab, and travel to the airport.

This way, we're already at the airport. Get up, call for room service, shower, pack, catch the elevator down, and we're at the check-in counter.

Works for us anyway

We are booked at the Miami Hilton Biscayne Bay, they have suites available as we needed to have room for 6 travelers. Close to the port and not too far from Bayside Market Place.

I hope that you don't mind me asking, but what did you pay for the suite?

Archived