Sydney Cc Xmas Party

Megagirl

Hi guys,

My hubby came up with an idea the other day and I thought I'd suggest it on here.

I mentioned to him that there were a lot of CC'ers coming from overseas and spending time in Sydney either before or after their cruises on ROS.

He suggested we could schedule our Sydney Xmas Party to include some of them.

While I'm not offering to organise it (too busy at work at that time of the year), last year's was good and was the first time I had actually met any CC'ers. Jarrod, you did a great job organising it.

Any thoughts?

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Jarrod has been doing some preliminary organisation of the Sydney party via the Facebook group. The date is 29th November, with no venue decided yet.

Will let Jarrod fill in any other details.

Hi Jen if u have a look at the facebook site u will see that an end of year party is being organised as it is in november sometime it is just being called end of year thingy. no specific date has been set i dont think but everyone has something on chrissy time and i think the earlier in nov the less likely it will clash? and get more people there i suggested a harbour cruise with the island theme but whatever .... join up facebook and have a look

Jen

Hey everyone,

As Geoff said, I set a preliminary date for the 29th of Nov. Seems dates are an issue obviously. I don't think we want it too close to Christmas obviously.

I know a Harbour Cruise has been suggested. For those of you who did the Queen's Harbour cruise, it would be similar to that. A chance to get together and meet some of our fellow CC'ers and have a good old yarn and laugh.:)

sounds great haven't really had a good look at facebook recently so did not know about it...not sure if people will want to see me in a loin cloth & karan in a muu muu jarrod you should have an email...

cheers steve

As we are half way between Sydney and Brisbane we would be interested in both.:p

Lets have it in Tamworth which is half way for both, hint, hint!:D

Chez's back yard has already been suggested for a coastal version of the same.

Chez's back yard has already been suggested for a coastal version of the same.

Chez i would be there in a heart beat.Just a thought but lets time it so i can convince wife or convince my bank account we can do another cruise but it all depends on you coming Chez:D:D.The whole family is now addicted to cruising to the point we tried to book the next ten days after 14 days onboard for the first time.

I will be hunting for bargains over the next few months and Chez can you let me know if you find any.

Minx and JP, it would be great to organise a cruise with you guys and Chez, say 28 days plus Hawaii etc, JP is going to kill me the next time we meet.:D or maybe not.:D

Lets have it in Tamworth which is half way for both, hint, hint!:D

And let's make it late January so I get to go to the music festival too:D .

If I happen to make it up ther next year Mick, I'll let you know & we can have a drink. All depends on finances as we have our cruise 2 months later.

If I happen to make it up ther next year Mick, I'll let you know & we can have a drink. All depends on finances as we have our cruise 2 months later.

Well let me know and accommodation is free {or a bottle of iced tea:D} and then its no problems to go to both:) plenty of room if you have a caravan or tent or plenty of room if you want to stay!:D

You have been a great help to us so our place is open if you would like to do both!

Well let me know and accommodation is free {or a bottle of iced tea:D} and then its no problems to go to both:) plenty of room if you have a caravan or tent or plenty of room if you want to stay!:D

You have been a great help to us so our place is open if you would like to do both!

Ok what date is the Country Music Festival? Andy says it's around the Oz day long weekend? Karen, we have all the camping gear, a few tents etc, so maybe we can make a weekend of it? Mick, would be great to meet up with you and your family:) I already know Karens, and they are great!

We are cruising on the 9th January for 10 nights, hey Mick, perhaps you can make that one with me and Minxy:D

Chez

xx

Minx and JP, it would be great to organise a cruise with you guys and Chez, say 28 days plus Hawaii etc, JP is going to kill me the next time we meet.:D or maybe not.:D

Ooohhhh that sounds wonderful! We'd have a blast wouldn't we:D

I wish I could make it down to Sydney for the end of year party. Not sure how far I can stretch the friendship with Mr Minx at the moment though. We just booked the 1 nighter ROS cruise for April (yay!)

What a shame we'll be on Pacific Sun on the Australia Day weekend.

Yeah, yeah, Kym. As if you are REALLY sorry! :rolleyes: Such a shame.....

you bragger, you. :D

Actually Jen, I wouldn't mind getting down to Tamworth one Australia Day!

But yeah, given the choice between Pacific Sun & Cairns & The Great Barrier Reef, and Tamworth, I think I know which one wins ;)

No offence meant Michalex!!!

The festival in 2009 runs from Fri 16th Jan - Sun 25th Jan. I went in 2002 & 2003 (each for the last 5 days, not the whole 10:( ) & have been dying to get back there since. The atmosphere is awesome and I honestly don't think you have to be a country music fan to enjoy it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I make it in '09 but if not, definately '10.

Archived