Entertainment Book - Carnival Coupon

I am not sure if it is for every area/state, but there is no longer a coupon for Carnival in our Entertainment book. It used to be for $100.00 off for a 7 day or longer or $50.00 for the shorter cruises.:mad:

I could not believe it when I just received my book about an hour ago.

Can you please let me know if you have them for your area or is just here in Pittsburgh that they are no longer available?:eek:

I was counting on this to help a little with the costs.

Thanks!!

PG

I am not sure if it is for every area/state, but there is no longer a coupon for Carnival in our Entertainment book. It used to be for $100.00 off for a 7 day or longer or $50.00 for the shorter cruises.:mad:

Can you please let me know if you have them for your area or is just here in Pittsburgh that they are no longer available?:eek:

Thanks!!

PG

You can get them on eBay for a dollar or two

Not only that but if you are a past Carnival cruiser than any good travel agent will tell you that coupon is worthless to you- your past guest discounts far outweigh that coupons worth, and you can't double up on discounts. If you have sailed Carnival before, you can definitely get a better deal than that- let me know if you have questions, I am happy to help. I just got a great deal on balcony cabins and was going to use that coupon too.

None up here in the Canadian book either - but I bought 3 on ebay (all came together) - only using 2 :p

hopefully it will come in todays mail - I am willing to part with the 3rd for cost of the postage - good until 12/31/08

Thanks!!

PG

They are in the 2008 Dallas book.

I could not use it because the 9A's are excluded, we are already booked, and they are only good until 12/31/08. There are quite a few exclusions; but I have three of them, actually I have six... as my husband also has a book. I am more than willing to mail the coupon(s).

i think our fort worth book had one for 2007-2008, but i didn't find it until after the cruise was paid for. then i heard that you could only use it on a full priced fare, which we didn't have. the 2008-2009 one doesn't have it - i just checked when my son brought them home to sell.

I am glad some of you chimed in and agreed with me! That coupon is not worth anything especially if you have cruised before. I should become a travel agent, take the coupon, and make a nice profit for myself!!! Just kidding of course!!!!

my first cruise, booked two rooms - my PVP said, mail him the coupon and he will put it against my cruise (and this was AFTER I booked) - thats $200 bucks for me :p I am happy!

hey, that actually made your entertainment book worth the price paid for it! way to go!

You can get them on eBay for a dollar or two

I actually did look at for them on Ebay but they expire at the end of this year in 08 and I already booked a cruise for 2009. Carnival told me that the coupon had to state 2009. This is why I was so disappointed when I received my book today.

Thanks though!!

PG

PittsburghGirlee - where are you from? I live in CA now (for many years) but grew up in the South Hills. Still a huge Steeler fan!:p

I am so glad to hear that you are still and will always be a Steelers fan. When I moved to Virginia in the late 80's for 4 years, I always stayed a major fan. :D:D

South Hills is about 45 minutes south of where I am from. I am jealous, CA has to be wonderful.

Weather is very very cool today with the end of Fay heading our way with lots of rain and T-storms. Makes for great sleeping though.;)

Don't have a 2009 book yet, but my book here in California had them and I have used them even with Past Guest discounts before, problem is Carnival will not accept them for every cruise they offer, only selected sailings will they accept them for.

Plus when I had booked my 2006 Hawaii to Ensenada sailing, about a month after booking my CVS say that they were accepting the coupon for that sailing, knew I had some and called me so I could sent it in and get the additional discount .............. and that was on a Cat 11 Suite.

My company store has the 2009 books now, guess I need to take a peak and see if Carnival still has them in there ........... will let you folks know and if so ... I might have some to offer up.

PS: If you do use it with Carnival, don't let them know if you got it on EBay, the coupon says it's not for resale.

I was lucky enough to have a PVP that actually did take my coupons a few years ago which was really great even though we were past guests. Not sure how she arranged that, but it made us very happy.

When I booked the cruise we are going on in May of 09, the price has not changed and I the price I paid is what's currently listed on Carnival's website. I do not believe that there was any Past Guest great deal there at all, so I am not sure why I would not be able to use the coupon.

If I am incorrect, I am sorry, but thought it was worth a try:confused::confused:

For all the naysayers concerning the Carnival savings coupon in the Entertainment book. . . . you are wrong. Those coupons can be very useful.

You can put your gum in it before throwing it in a waste can. That way if you have to get something back out of the garbage, you won't end up with a sticky mess on your hand.

How dare someone says those wonderful coupons have no worth.

OK, Now I guess I can get my tongue out of my cheek, and say I agree with all the others. :o

Yes, you can use the coupon, but it is not worth using is what we are saying, if you are a past guest the discount you get as a past guest far outweighs the coupon value. Usually any other discount around is better than that coupon as well, but maybe there are TA's out there not telling people this so they don't lose as much commission. Just because it says it is a good deal or it says you are "saving $100" you still need to do your homework and make sure you are actually getting the best deal. Unfortunately there are way to many dishonest, greedy people out there- that is why we are here to share our knowledge!!

None up here in the Canadian book either - but I bought 3 on ebay (all came together) - only using 2 :p

hopefully it will come in todays mail - I am willing to part with the 3rd for cost of the postage - good until 12/31/08

Hi Batch,

I'm in Victoria too. Just checked today about the coupon in my Entertainment book as I was putting a deposit on a New Year's cruise. Do you still have the coupon? More than willng to pay for a stamp or pick it up :) Could you email me @ gnbreiland@shaw.ca

There were only certain cruises that quilify for Carnival past cruiser discounts. Not the ones I wanted of course...

THANX

Archived