trouble with Oceania website?

tropicalkerry2002

I am certainly not a "techie".

When I have problems with my laptop, I follow my son's advice.

I turn the damn thing off, let it sit for a couple of minutes, and then restart it.

Nine times out of ten, it then works OK.

I am truly a dinosaur, and will never understand these computers.

Well, I went up to the desktop computer and IT is fine on the Oceania site, can see all my info.

Obviously, SOMETHING is disabled on my laptop, but I would NEVER know what to do about it! Anyone have suggestions for a non-techie?

Try clearing your browser cache. Doing so sometimes clears up the problem you're having.

Dave

I can't seem to see my reservation on the website. I have tried with the Oceania Club tab, and with the Already Booked tab. It just goes back to the same screen asking for the information.

I am the only one having trouble?

I have the same problem on my desktop at work. I try to log in and it spins back to the login page.

Works fine on my laptop though.

??

I had the same problem and it became a quest to figure out why it works on some computers and not others. The only common thread seems to be that it doesn't work on computers using Microsoft Vista for an operating system. XP seems to work fine. I contacted Oceania with this 'insight' looking for guidance or comments but have not received a reply. Can anyone make sense of this?

Check your browser version, are you folks with the problem using Internet Explorer 7? If so, do you have updates set to automatic? Microsoft has a tendency to make some changes that are not friendly to web pages. One thing to try is to select Tools and then Internet Options and on the General tab, click the Delete button in the Browsing History area. Then try going to the O website again.

Thank you for your instructions nparmelee!!!

I did that and now it works!!!

DD has moved back home and my browser cache was OVERSATURATED with Facebook crap, so I was more than happy to clean it out. It seems I'll hafta enter all my passwords again, as I did when I just came on cruisecritic to thank you, but that's a small price to pay. Now I can see my cruise!

Thank you too DaveFr, but when I read your answer, I was too embarrassed to respond and say

"huh???"

Sorry guys, I've been doing software quality assurance too long now, its been a long time since I did support so I still talk too techy. When you open Internet Explorer, in the upper right area, above where the pages display, there should be a button type thing named "Tools", it has a little washer looking icon in front of it, how high up it is depends on how many tool bars and third party toolbars you have installed. If you click that, a drop down list of options should appear, the last one being Internet Options, select Internet Options which should open a dialog. The General tab on this dialog is the default form, if not, look for the tab labelled "General" and select that, the second section down is called Browsing history, in here is the delete button you want to click. If you want individual help, email me at nadine at marcnadine dot com and I'll send you screen shots and try to explain it better.

Nadine

Archived