RCI - What EXACTLY is included? Alcohol...?

taysidetwo

Hi, first time cruisers in 35 days!!!! Can't wait!!!! :D

Can anyone advise, just EXACTLY what is included in the price we have paid RCI.

I'm sure I read somewhere, that some alcoholic drinks we included, but I'm unsure.

Are all soft drinks free, or is it just tea and coffee? What if I want a Diet Coke?

Do they have ice cream stands? Are they free?

It's just so we can get an idea of what to expect!!

Many thanks in advance!

Judi

Unless you have some sort of group plan that includes alcohol I dont think RCL has, no drinks will be included in your price. Maybe there are some past guests who get the coupon book, with 2 for 1 cocktail coupon?

Yes, iced tea and lemonaid is free. there is a coke card, seems like its about $6 a day plus 15% tip. Or you can buy it by the can, which I think is $1.75 a can. You can bring some cokes on in your checked luggage, my sister brings a few cokes for the evening.

Soft serve ice cream is free, there is a shop for regular ice cream that is not free.

Much of the rest depends on which ship you are on. On Voyager we had a great little promenade deli with free snacks and all the kinds of soft cookies and piping hot pizza that I thought was better than the pizza up on lido deck.

Alcohol is not included in your cruisefare. The only exception to this is at the Captain's Welcome Aboard party usually held on the first formal night where they might serve things like champagne and some rum based drinks at no charge.

Sodas are not included in your cruise fare. You can purchase a soda card which entitles you to unlimited fountain soda. The cost is $6 per night plus 15% gratuity. The sodas available with the soda card are Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Club Soda. Otherwise, you can buy sodas by the can. The cost comes to $2.24 including 15% gratuity. In addition to the sodas above, they usually have Diet Sprite and sometimes Caffeine Free Diet Coke available by the can. There is also a charge for bottled water.

Drinks that are available at no extra charge: Coffee, tea (both hot and iced), hot chocolate, lemonade, milk (both regular and chocolate), and juice (there is a charge if you order it in a bar). Sometimes they also have fruit punch available.

There is soft serve ice cream available at no charge in the Windjammer buffet (or right outside it). There is a Ben & Jerry's on the Royal Promenade near the Cafe Promenade where you can purchase ice cream. They will also have ice cream and sherbet available at no charge for dessert in the main dining room.

You will also have to pay for any laundry services/pressing--they don't have any self-serve facilities.

If there are specialty restaurants on your ship (Chops, Portofino, Johnny Rockets) they will have "fee" to eat there.

At the Captains Welcome Party, there is an open bar (not top-shelf liquor, tho!) where you can have the drink of your choice made. You don't HAVE to drink the Champagne or drink of the day if you'd rather have something else! The "party" lasts for about an hour. They have a few kinds of beer, wine, and any regular type cocktail you want.

Of course, anything in any of the stores will cost extra!

It's not as bad as it sound!

Don't forget that, unless you have specifically prepaid gratuities, those are not included in your price either. On RCCL, recommended amounts are $9.75 per day, per person to take care of all of the crew assigned to help you (room attendant, dining room waiters, etc).

Make sure you try the escargots when it is offered at dinnertime- I know, gross, snails, but they are delicious! And where else but on a cruise can you eat caviar for free? A lot of people bring those little packets of crystal lite and make their own soft drinks using the ice water from the Windjammer. Some of us bring our own vodka and mix it with the Lemonade-heavenly! If you don't get caught!

Archived