Wow I can't believe the luck. Getting to stay on a cruise for 2xtra days for free

cruisecastle

I'm really jealous reading the reviews of these folks. I mean how cool would that be. I've cruised during hurricane season many times and never been lucky enough to have a storm add time to my cruise. In fact I've never add a hurrican or TS affect my cruise in anyway. Oh well I'll keep booking during hurricane season in the hopes of being as lucky as some of you were.

I know you are just trying to be a counterpoint to the complaints. I think we could all stand to show some sympathy for parents who left their children behind and concerned and those with jobs who flew in.

Those of us who drive sure wish it would happen to us AND the 50% off a future cruise is especially appealing if you were on the following cruise that was cut short.

I know you are just trying to be a counterpoint to the complaints. I think we could all stand to show some sympathy for parents who left their children behind and concerned and those with jobs who flew in.

Those of us who drive sure wish it would happen to us AND the 50% off a future cruise is especially appealing if you were on the following cruise that was cut short.

Wow, they got 50% off of a future cruise as well. I didn't know that. Awesome. With that 50% off you could book another during hurricane season and then hopefully get another 2 free days on that cruise plus 50% off of another future cruise. If you were really lucky you could ride this out for years.

For people like me who have no kids at home, an extra two days on a cruise would be fabulous. I've cruised numerous times during hurricane season and all I got were missed ports. Oh well, I'll just keep trying.:D

But, it could go the other way too. I lost a day off the front of my cruise. I was offered $200 for the missed day. They also gave me the option to cancel with a full refund.

I had bought my own air so, I tood the money and cruised. I would have loved the extra two days. Even though I did fly in and I did have kids at home. And this was before the days of cells on ships by the way.

Man I miss those days:(

I'm sorry FF, I just can't fell sympathy for the OP of the other thread. If they hadn't made it an issue of everything being the cruise lines fault it would have been easier. When you have some body come back bashing and blaming everthing from the weather to a poorly run group on The cruise line and that you'll never cruise them again.

Sorry, nope, still no sympathy;)

For people like me who have no kids at home, an extra two days on a cruise would be fabulous. I've cruised numerous times during hurricane season and all I got were missed ports. Oh well, I'll just keep trying.:D

Same here:D

I left my kids with someone I could trust. If I didn't think the could take care of them, I wouldn't have left them.

Good Morning!

Curious.. how/why did they get 50% Future cruise? That's not typical, right?:)

Any word on what happened to those with non-refundable return flights?

Iv changed non refundable flights a few times. You often have to pay $50 to $100 to change them but sometimes you can wind up ahead if the flight price went down. Then you have a credit and only have 1 year to use it. (I lost the credit but was able to change my flight).

I'm sorry FF, I just can't fell sympathy for the OP of the other thread. If they hadn't made it an issue of everything being the cruise lines fault it would have been easier. When you have some body come back bashing and blaming everthing from the weather to a poorly run group on The cruise line and that you'll never cruise them again.

Sorry, nope, still no sympathy;)

Well, that OP maybe, but in general. I know I personally am going to be dissapointed if we miss Jamaica next week. Its my first time on Conquest and first time to Jamaica. I booked the Conquest for Sept 09, same itinerary, and now Carnival has changed it to Key West and the Bahamas (oh boy, NOT, but I want to go that week to meet the Crazies).

So will I be dissapointed to miss Jamaica if we do, you bet. Will I get over it. You bet. None of my other booked cruises go there, so there isnt any chance I will be there in the next couple of years more than likely either. I really wanted to do Dunns River Falls. I am still bringing extra tennis shoes to wear in the water in case Carnival decides to go there, but with Ike supposed to be hitting Cuba about next Wednesday, Im guessing Conquest wouldnt go to Jamaica right below it. You all can tell me all you want I should have realized the risk, but it didnt occur to me when I booked, I had heard of it happening so rarely. I havent been cruising that long.

Good Morning!

As I said in my post.... it was to the folks AFTER the extended cruise, not to the folks who were extended. Ecstasy that came back today was supposed to be a 5 day and cut to a 3 day cruise to nowhere. Those who were booked got 50% off and 50% off a future cruise. You could also book for $99 inside, $119 OV and $249 suite if you werent already booked, suite rates. I would have gone if I wasnt cruising tomorrow on Conquest and we had a friend who refused who doesnt drive so I would have had to drive back to Dallas today to get her and go back in the morning.

Good Morning!

The folks on the extended cruises didn't get the 25% and 50% off. The next groups on the shortened cruises following, got the discounts. The OP didn't understand the releases from Carnival.

As I said in my post.... it was to the folks AFTER the extended cruise, not to the folks who were extended. Ecstasy that came back today was supposed to be a 5 day and cut to a 3 day cruise to nowhere. Those who were booked got 50% off and 50% off a future cruise. You could also book for $99 inside, $119 OV and $249 suite if you werent already booked, suite rates. I would have gone if I wasnt cruising tomorrow on Conquest and we had a friend who refused who doesnt drive so I would have had to drive back to Dallas today to get her and go back in the morning.

Got it.. I didnt see that in your post ....

Well, I'm sure a lot of people had to scramble to get transportation after missing their original flights. I do feel badly for those people. However, you can't blame a cruise line for unpredictible storms.

Right!

There are no guarantees when you travel, either ship, train, car or planes. Things happen, especially weather. You have to plan some flexibilty before hand.

Most of us are lucky and nothing major has happened. I to would love an extra day or two on a cruise. We usually allow extra time before a trip, get there early, and after a trip. Especially when we fly, we love to get bumped and get a free future flight and the other perks.

But, it could go the other way too. I lost a day off the front of my cruise. I was offered $200 for the missed day. They also gave me the option to cancel with a full refund.

You may have been on our cruise,we got the same deal after missing the first day.I just get insurance,because as soon as a hurricane gets in the Gulf, we're placed on standby orders.

I just got back from the shortened Ecstasy Cruise. While we do get 50% off a future cruise, it states that is only good on a 3-5 day cruise.

Guests that sail on the new three-day cruise will receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid. In addition, you will receive a 50% discount of a future three- to five-day Carnival Cruise departing prior to December 15, 2009. This discount applies to the cruise fare only. Please understand this offer is non-transferable.

I'm not sure if I will be able to use the discount because this was my second time on the Ecstasy and we'll probably do the Conquest next year.

I kind of have a different perspective now on "wouldn't it be great to be extended a couple of extra days for free". Remember, while someone will get the extra days, it may be an inconvenience to many people since vacation time is limited and it may be difficult to change travel plans, especially air travel with all the airline cut backs. And, don't forget, that for every cruise that gets lengthened, the people on the following cruise will be curtailed. So, for people like me and Mom that were looking forward to our five day cruise to Cozumel and Progresso since last September when we booked, it was a big dissapointment to get a three day cruise to nowhere. Yes, we got a 50% refund and yes we'll get a discount that we may not be able to use, but I would much rather have had the full cruise.

I still have to say, a three day cruise to no-where beats work any day.

We are cruising at the end of the month and leaving our two little ones at home with my parents. I will be bringing bringing at least two weeks supply of my medication (need it to stay alive). It is better to be safe than sorry and these people knew what may happen before they boarded so I can't really feel sorry for them. Back in 2004 my parents and sister and her husband were on a Disney cruise for my sisters wedding. They ended up being out to sea a few extra days and were treated like royalty and upgraded from insides to suites at the pier since there were so many cancellations.

Several years ago I was stuck in Denver during a lay over that ended up being a two day layover. Did I rant and rave at the gate attendants for the weather? Of course not. Did I know I was taking a risk flying in there? Yes.

I can think of worse things delaying a trip home than a few extra days on a ship where I am fed and entertained with a comfortable bed and plenty of activities.

Wow, they got 50% off of a future cruise as well. I didn't know that. Awesome. With that 50% off you could book another during hurricane season and then hopefully get another 2 free days on that cruise plus 50% off of another future cruise. If you were really lucky you could ride this out for years.

TRUE! Talk about double dipping! :)

October 2004 Hurricane Jeanne. My Caribbean Princess cruise was shortened by two days and the cruisers on the week prior to mine got nine days. We decided to fly on down to Ft Lauderdale and had a hotel booked but that hotel was in a mandatory evacuation zone. Luckily we got a hotel in Hollywood. If I remember correctly, we were credited for two days of our cruise and was offered a future cruise discount. Would have preferred to be on the week prior.

Kim

Now that I think of it, that makes sense.... Two extra days for free, ? Now thats a deal..... That's change you can Really Believe In, LOL

I'm really jealous reading the reviews of these folks. I mean how cool would that be. I've cruised during hurricane season many times and never been lucky enough to have a storm add time to my cruise. In fact I've never add a hurrican or TS affect my cruise in anyway. Oh well I'll keep booking during hurricane season in the hopes of being as lucky as some of you were.

We were on the Mariner in 2004 during Hurricane Jeanne. We got a 9 day cruise instead of 7. They also brought us into Miami instead of Pt. Canaveral. But we were able to change our air without any fees. It was nice, but we had to make arrangements at work, since we were to be back on Monday. The Captain gave everyone a letter stating why the cruise was delayed.

One of our cruises was shortened and the cruiseline gave us onboard credit and 50% off our next cruise. It was great because we booked an owners suite for a great price.

Also, our insurance paid us for missing a day of the cruise, our meals, transportation (because we had to fly into a different city, and paid for our extra day at a hotel.

It was a fabulous deal.

If you cruise during hurricane season you have to plan for the worse. That means with whom ever you leave your children with and work. I would love to have my cruise extended. Where else can you go and totally relax? But that being said I like to cruise during the winter time where you almost always have great weather sailing. It's when you get home you pay the price for enjoying such beautiful warm weather.

Archived