Acapulco All questions answered.

Tacos&Beer

DW and I will be visiting the last week of October. I have been looking for sellers of green coffee beans, but to no avail. Do you know where they might be available, and would the cost be competive (less than $4 - $5 /lb)? I'm particularly interested in greens from the Oxaca region.

Thanks!

Dave

I know the food maybe isn't that super, but we are going to be in Acapulco on 12/19 before a cruise and friends of ours would like to see the Cliff Divers at night. We can buy a tour for $78 per person which picks us up at the hotel and includes dinner. We have a group of 8 so we would just as soon have a private tour guide/driver that speaks English or simply make a reservation at La Perla and hire a txi when we get there. We are staying at The Fairmont Acapulco Princess. Thanks!

I have been thinking about going to a nice hotel/resort and getting a day pass for me and my dh when in Acapulco or Ixtapa. Can you or anyone recommend one? We will be on the Nov. 27th Carnival Spirit. I am not sure of the days we will be in these two places.

Thank you...

We have just returned from Acapulco ( myself and wife ).We used the services of ' RUDY' TOUR BY VAN. I had

arranged this tour of Acapulco independantly on line before leaving the UK.True to his word 'Rudy' was waiting for us to

disembark at the port. He took us on a wonderfull tour of Acapulco.He speaks excellent english and what he doesn't

know about Acapulco probably isn't wodh knowing about.We stopped for lunch at a typical mexiacan restaurant (El

Zoritto - great food which Rudy recommended ) .At no time did he pressure us into anything not even the choice of the

restaurant as he says it's your tour you make the decisions he didn't take us to his 'friends shop or restaurant '- you

know what i mean.The transport provided is very clean and has air con and he also provides complimentary drinks. (I did

have transfers provided in my hoiday package provided by princess cruises to my hotel from the port which i decided not

to take up) Having corresponded with Rudy by email before leaving the UK he assured me that our luggage would be safe

in the transport provided and supervised whilst on the tour WHICH IT WAS ll this meant that instead of checking in at

our hotel we were able to go straight on a tour of Acapulco,or if you wanted he was prepared to take you to your hotel

first. Our particular tour lasted approx 7 hrs with no extra or hidden costs -he took us to some places that we had not

discussed in our itinary which was an interesting and pleasant supprise.There was another couple of cruise critic members

from the US with us on this tour. Rudy is a very informative tour guide and is very proud of his city and country he just

can't do enough for you and i would highly recommend his services if he isn't the top tour guide in Acapulco he's got to

be in the first 1 - YOU JUST CAN'T GO WRONG IN MY OPINION !!!!!!!!!!!

he will also tailor make a tour to suit your requirements. We also stayed at the Acapulco Fairmont Princess Hotel.

Here are the contact details for ' Rudy 'of Tour By Van Acapulco

tour by van . com

We also want to see the cliff divers but have read that the night show is not as good as you only see their torches. Can anyone that has been to the night show verify this ? Because of this we are leaning to go to the afternoon show and then to dinner. Hopefully we will get some input on this.

I know the food maybe isn't that super, but we are going to be in Acapulco on 12/19 before a cruise and friends of ours would like to see the Cliff Divers at night. We can buy a tour for $78 per person which picks us up at the hotel and includes dinner. We have a group of 8 so we would just as soon have a private tour guide/driver that speaks English or simply make a reservation at La Perla and hire a txi when we get there. We are staying at The Fairmont Acapulco Princess. Thanks!

Yes we had also heard this about veiwing the divers by night, we decided to go in the afternoon and had a really good veiw of the divers. Maybe others can give you their experiance of the night dive. We had arranged our visit independantly through Tour By Van. Good Luck, goldfi8h.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished reading all the posts in this thread. Thank you to everyone who has participated in this thread.

We were not sure what to do while in Acapulco, but have decided to contacted Rudy (tour by van) for a tour. Goldfi8h - Thanks for your review of your tour with him.

We also want to see the cliff divers, but were not sure of going during the day or night. Thanks to everyone's input it looks like the day show might be better.

Just finished reading all the posts in this thread. Thank you to everyone who has participated in this thread.

We were not sure what to do while in Acapulco, but have decided to contacted Rudy (tour by van) for a tour. Goldfi8h - Thanks for your review of your tour with him.

We also want to see the cliff divers, but were not sure of going during the day or night. Thanks to everyone's input it looks like the day show might be better.

I think our ship gets in to Acapulco at noon and the only afternoon cliff diver show is at 12:45 pm. So, almost by default I think we are going to have to look at an evening show.

I think our ship gets in to Acapulco at noon and the only afternoon cliff diver show is at 12:45 pm. So, almost by default I think we are going to have to look at an evening show.

We probably will have to go to the evening show. I hadn't thought about the time of the show and when we would get to the port. I guess it doesn't matter, we kept going back and forth about the day show or night show anyway.

What do you have planned in Acapulco?

We probably will have to go to the evening show. I hadn't thought about the time of the show and when we would get to the port. I guess it doesn't matter, we kept going back and forth about the day show or night show anyway.

What do you have planned in Acapulco?

Still in the planning stages but we almost always book independent of the ship. Cheaper and more flexible that way, just have to plan on coming back to the ship plenty early.:eek:

Hi,

We will be in Acapulco on November16. We would like to see the cliff divers at night. Do we just cab over to the El Mirador Hotel? After reading the posts, I have no desire to eat at La Perla, just want to see the show. Thanks for your advice.

Jaime

Wobble Wobble, do you live in Acapulco?

I am in Acapulco much of the year. I lease a Condo in Las Brisas.

I am retired and know more about Acapulco than you could imagine.

I know the good, the bad and the in between. From Priests to Narcos.

And I am dispassion-ed with many of the suggestions made in the forum.

Much of what you read is false, tailored to get people into a tour. Like the false postings made in this thread..

You need to take a good look at the comments and make sure the posters are not in your roll call. You will often see comments like "we used them before" or "We are using company X who wants to join us".

They are quick to post web addresses and email addresses. When a company is banned from CC for inappropriate conduct - The posters will use new and creative ways to post the advertisements..

I think company dot com looks really good !!!

regardless - I am not with a company. I only write what i know to be fact and 100% is from personal experiences over the last 12 years. I am wealthy and independent and bored. So I write these posts to help you and to occupy my time. Nothing more and nothing less.

seawolf58:

Mexico celebrates, annually, the anniversary of its Revolution on November 20th. Several years back, in order to make for a longer holiday weekend at national holiday period times, the federal government moved some observances around. This year the Revolution Day celebration will be Monday, November 16th. It will be a national holiday and there will be an influx of tourists into Acapulco from, particularly, Mexico City.

Acapulco is visited by large numbers of national (Mexican) tourists regularly and I doubt you or anyone else will have difficulty getting around Acapulco on this particular day/weekend. Sometimes traffic backs up in the area of the cruise ship terminal, but nothing like you're probably accustomed to in your home city.

You can see the cliff divers independently and catch a taxi from the front of the passenger terminal, or, for lesser fares, from across the street about a block to your left. Travel time shouldn't be more than 10-minutes at night and the fare not more than MX$50 (US$5 or less). I prefer, however, to see the divers during daylight hours and if you can arrange for that I suggest you seriously consider changing your plans (so you can see what the divers are doing, completely). No matter, you will pay a small fee to enter the dive performance area and you can walk down a circular stairway to near the water level and watch the activities. Divers swim to the stairwell after they dive and mingle with the crowd and take pictures with people, etc. and it's customary to tip the divers - one or more - your favorites, etc - and I typically give MX$20 (about US$2).

A side note: everyone posts here differently, but I tend to avoid this particular discussion thread because I think it's best for people to start new discussions or contribute to other specific ones - so that the people who follow behind in the future can better find/search the particular topics.

Have a great trip to Acapulco.

We arrive at 7am and depart at 3pm. We want to go to hard rock cafe for sure and they open at 11. What time does the museums open and how much do they cost?

Would it be easy to get another cab there to get to the hard rock, and how much do you estimate the fare would be?

we are also looking for vinyl records. I asked someone this question and he told me to check a galleria but I can't remember anything else about it.

Thanks

Diane

We arrive at 7am and depart at 3pm. We want to go to hard rock cafe for sure and they open at 11. What time does the museums open and how much do they cost?

Would it be easy to get another cab there to get to the hard rock, and how much do you estimate the fare would be?

we are also looking for vinyl records. I asked someone this question and he told me to check a galleria but I can't remember anything else about it.

Thanks

Diane

Museums in Acapulco ? Nope.

Cab to Hard Rock from Port - 35 pesos.

Vinyl Records - Pretty certain Gallerias Diana shop named Vinyl

4bolts, what museums are you wondering about? There are museums in Acapulco....but are you talking about some kind of museum at the Hard Rock?

Here's some info, not sure if it's what you're looking for or not:

http://www.enjoymexico.net/acapulco-museums-mexico.php

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g150787-Activities-c6-Acapulco_Pacific_Coast.html

http://www.homeandabroad.com/c/72/Site/170250_Naval_History_Museum_of_Acapulco_visit.html

Archived