Where can I find "Cruise Fund" jars or banks?

scrappinannie

I've only seen one that I kind of like. It's one of those round jars, it's blue with the words "Cruise Fund" painted on the front. It's cute, but am looking for something a little more fun. Has anyone made one of their own or purchased a custom made bank? I'd love to have a few ideas before I buy one. Thanks!:)

I have one that I bought at a local art fair. It is made of pottery with the words "Cruise Fund" on the front and is a somewhat primitive blue and gray color. It hadsa wide cork stopper on top. I don't know where you would find something like that but I do really like mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you had a look at this website? http://www.cruisegiftstore.com/ They have lots of cute little items :D They're based in the UK, but if you email them they'll send you a quote to post internationally, you just need to have a Pay Pal account. I've purchased a few things from them and couldn't be happier with the service or the quality of the goods!

I think I tried two things.....

1.) Google "cruise fund jar"

2.) Go to Ebay and type in "cruise jar"

Ours says "Vacation Fund" but I've seen the cruise one around. Pottery places make them and occasionally Hallmark/Papaya types of stores carry them. We got ours by Googling it and found a nice mom & pop pottery place that made all sorts of sayings on them. My boss has "Ashes of Problem Clients" :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've only seen one that I kind of like. It's one of those round jars, it's blue with the words "Cruise Fund" painted on the front. It's cute, but am looking for something a little more fun. Has anyone made one of their own or purchased a custom made bank? I'd love to have a few ideas before I buy one. Thanks!:)

I know that I am really late answering this question - but I just saw it - If anyone is interested try this link:

http://www.banksbanksbanks.com/travel-piggy-bank-banks.html

cute!

Alternatively, check around your area and see if there are any "Paint your own pottery" type places. They probably have a number of piggy banks, or you may be able to get a ceramic ship and have a slot cut into it, then you can paint it yourself!! I'm a sort of artsy person, and I've had fun at these type of shops before. If you don't see something you like, ask the person there- they may be able to get the type of thing you are looking for!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if you have a A.C.Moore store or a Michaels craft store near you they usally have piggy bank in different sizes (and they have the rubber stoppers on the bottom)and they are plan white.. they also sell paint pens so you can put your own design on it if you heck in the scrapbooking section they have some really cool stickers of ships you could prob. pit that on the bank also hth and now i think ill go and make one(i still have stickers left over from doing a scrapbook for a guy from work who surprised his wife with a cruise for his wife) ohh if you go to acmoores website you can print a 40% off coupon so you can get the biggest one they have for about $13-$15

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this post. We created our own cruise box. We purchased a box that was an oversized shoe box size. Glued it shut and since we are cruising to Bermuda put pictures flowers, animals, historical sites, people in costume, picture of the ship, map of bermuda etc. My daughter loves to scrap book so she went to town!! We have a great looking "Bermuda Box" as we call it. Made us want to save!! :D

I got a really cute one as a gift from my sister last year for Christmas. She bought it at Hallmark and it is quite large, bright blue and the front says "Cruise Fund" with a picture of a cruise ship and dolphins and a sun.. very cute!

Got mine at Hallmark, too. Love it!

Have you found what you were looking for? It doesn't appear that you have been back to the thread since you started it.

Archived