Packing tips since there are no irons in room?

Delta Dear

bring a bottle of wrinkle release by downy in case something does get wrinkles. It is so humid that most wrinkles will come out if you hang up your tee shirts and stuff.

Speaking of humidity ............ after your shower you can hang stuff in the bathroom and the motion of the ship and humidity in the bathroom will cause wrinkles to fall out. :) but don't worry about a few wrinkles - you and everybody you will never see again ;) are on vacation so who really cares about a few little wrinkles -----:eek: ---- except my DW!:D

In addition to the great advice already given, if I have a crease in a T-shirt, I just dampen it and then blast it with the hairdryer - gone! This advice from someone who does not own an ironing board. Just remember, a cruise is not a place to bring the linen.

I iron and fold ( very neatly) the shirts, stack anywhere from 2 - 4 shirts on top of each other. I have 2 gallon zip lock bags and I put the shirts in them. Push the air out and they don't move. It saves room in you suitcase too. When you take the out, all you have are some fold creases. I use the bags for most of my packing. It's great for kids, 2 or 4 outfits in each bag. Good also to keep dirty things away from clean stuff. The bags were purchased at Walmart or Target.

Instead of folding your clothes and laying them in your suitcase (which pretty much guarantees wrinkles), roll them up. Lay them flat on your bed, carefully fold them to an appropriate size and then carefully roll them up. It's an old sailors trick to keep their dress uniforms sharp looking when they were onboard a ship. You will also find that your clothes will take up less space in your suitcase. This works for most clothes. A little more difficult with some formal wear and suits. Downy Wrinkle Release is a good backup.

Buy a small plug in steamer and you can steam the wrinkles out...and just hang up in closet...works great for me. Have a wrinkle free trip:D

Rev

I got this tip a year ago and went right to Wal-mart and got one. The wife and I just love it. Makes it alot easier and no worries..

I find putting suits, blouses, trousers and other things that may wrinkle a lot in dry cleaning bags works really well.

Like Marilyn, I also use the dry cleaner bags. I use pack-it cubes and pack-it folders (can be found on http://www.magellans.com) and with using the dry cleaners bags, we have had things folded for up to one week and when taken out and hung up...........not a wrinkle.

For the men, forgo taking any formal wear and just rent a tux. Lots of saved space in your luggage and perfectly pressed when you get it.

Last month I actually packed a small travel iron combination steamer. Very small and light with no problems. I know the regulations state no iron but nowadays trying to pack so differently with airline regulations being what they are is difficult.

Our wrinkle free packing secrets

1. I starch all of our cotton shirts and fold them carefully

2. When packing, I carefully alternate the rows of shirts like they do on the department store shelves

3. I carefully roll all of my capris and place them into the empty spaces.

4. Pack as much into the suitcase as it will comfortably hold. All too often creases occur due to clothing/items shifting in the suitcase.

5. Mens suits are packed last, carefully folded on top of everything else.

We travel often on business as well as pleasure and consequently have it down to a science. We haven't need to iron any items in years.

Another fan of using dry cleaning bags and two and a half gallon zip lock bags.

Here is a video about packing, I have used this method and it does work.

I found that this packing method does cut down on wrinkles.

http://www.packinglight.net/plight/text_1.asp?tx_id=90

My plan for our 15 days cruise is to Mix & Match and pack for 8 or 9 days and use ships laundry. No one is going to care if we wear the same thing twice! :eek:

Another fan of using dry cleaning bags and two and a half gallon zip lock bags.

Here is a video about packing, I have used this method and it does work.

I found that this packing method does cut down on wrinkles.

http://www.packinglight.net/plight/text_1.asp?tx_id=90

My plan for our 15 days cruise is to Mix & Match and pack for 8 or 9 days and use ships laundry. No one is going to care if we wear the same thing twice! :eek:

I will!!:p

But I'm doing exactly what you are..........packing less and wearing twice. And only taking "2" pairs of shoes for evenings.............1 black and 1 white. So, please don't look at my feet.:D

I will!!:p

But I'm doing exactly what you are..........packing less and wearing twice. And only taking "2" pairs of shoes for evenings.............1 black and 1 white. So, please don't look at my feet.:D

I'm going to see if I can pack us for a 4 day cruise into 2 carry-on bags. Along with my beach bag thingy I'm hoping I can pack enough for both of us. DH is not taking his tux for such a short cruise anyway. If I can get his suit in fine, if not we'll try plan B - whatever that is.

Shoes - the bain of our existence. I never thought I was a "shoe" person but I now realize I was only fooling myself. However, I will do 1 pair sandles (which I will be wearing) 1 pair dress shoes and 1 pair watershoes. DH will get the same thing. :p

Sorry to break everyone's bubble but steamers are in the same catagory as irons. Per Celebrity's information about what to pack -they are NOT allowed. I would imagine that RCCL (same corp.) would have the same

rules. As far as packing tips go - most of our clothes are knits - so I roll

everyting. Takes up a lot less space - I tuck socks into our

shoes. Fill all the "nooks and crannies" of the suitcase with small stuff like

socks/underwear. I also carry our bathing suits and a pair of shorts and

tops in our carryon - don't want to waste any time getting to the pool !! ;)

Sorry to break everyone's bubble but steamers are in the same catagory as irons. Per Celebrity's information about what to pack -they are NOT allowed. I would imagine that RCCL (same corp.) would have the same

rules. As far as packing tips go - most of our clothes are knits - so I roll

everyting. Takes up a lot less space - I tuck socks into our

shoes. Fill all the "nooks and crannies" of the suitcase with small stuff like

socks/underwear. I also carry our bathing suits and a pair of shorts and

tops in our carryon - don't want to waste any time getting to the pool !! ;)

They are not. I carried a steamer through security in my carry-on one time.

A steamer has an enclosed heating plate and if left on just burns out or nothing at all. An iron has an outside heating plate and can cause burn marks and/or fire.

If your child is young/small you can pack everything for one day in a one gallon zip bag of any brand, which makes it easy for them to dress and the dirties go right in at the end of the day. Each day they can choose which bag of shorts, shirt, underewear, and socks to pick

That is what I always did for my DD to go to camp.

I use pack-it cubes and pack-it folders (can be found on www.magellans.com) and with using the dry cleaners bags, we have had things folded for up to one week and when taken out and hung up...........not a wrinkle.

We use a bunch of the Eagle Creek Pack-it cubes and folders since we switched to rolling duffels from suitcases (old suitcase weighed 20 pounds-yikes!) and have had really good luck with them. Since they are a little pricey, I have started saving zippered plastic bags, like the ones that sheet sets come in. Now I can save the good packing cubes for rolling t-shirts and use the free plastic ones for DD's smaller items like pajamas and our swimsuits. Items are not wrinkled, plus cross-packing multiple people is easy and unpacking is much faster and more organized. I can also use the plastic bags if swimsuits are still damp when we are leaving.

Archived