Leaving in a week - anyone have ?'s

Spikesgirl

We will be leaving for Tahiti just eight days (okay, not quite a week, but close) and I wanted to know if anyone had specific questions or inquiries or anything that they wanted to know that i could find out while I'm there.

Just let me know and I will be happy to try and track down the answers for you!

HI Spikesgirl..have been reading your posts for the 10 October cruise. One question,,,,,what to do in Rangiroa? Have been on the cruise before, so i know what to do on the other islands.... Enjoy your trip!!!! I am leaving on Oct 28 for the Oct 30 cruise, and counting the days as well..

HI Spikesgirl..have been reading your posts for the 10 October cruise. One question,,,,,what to do in Rangiroa? Have been on the cruise before, so i know what to do on the other islands.... Enjoy your trip!!!! I am leaving on Oct 28 for the Oct 30 cruise, and counting the days as well..

I will be sure to find out all the activities that will be available on Rangiroa - we're there a week, so we'll have plenty of time!

Charlie, if you could keep your eyes open for ATV excursions we would sure appreciate it. Have only located one on Moorea. We leave in November. Have a great time!!!

Marge - I will be sure to keep an eye open on Moorea for you and will report back befor eyou leave!

Anyone else?

Gee CHarlie. Is it that soon? I'm sure you're really excited that it's nearly here.

No new questions, but will be watching to see if you post from the cruise. We are 43 1/2 days from flying, and are having a tough time waiting.

I hope you have it on your list of things to remember that you were going to let me know what your feelings are about the motu picnic.

Have a wonderful time, and now and then, think about those of us who are going for the first time soon and how impressed we are going to be with everything!

Trying to find out how easy/hard it is to get a car/driver (private) for a 2-3 hour tour of the area. Any information on that would be great! We don't want to do a rental where we have to drive but don't have 4 hours to do a full tour as we have something planned later in the day.

Thanks and get the ship ready for us!

Trying to find out how easy/hard it is to get a car/driver (private) for a 2-3 hour tour of the area. Any information on that would be great! We don't want to do a rental where we have to drive but don't have 4 hours to do a full tour as we have something planned later in the day.

Thanks and get the ship ready for us!

I'm going to tackle this one before hand. It isn't all that expensive or hard to pick up a taxi driver and have her/him take you on a tour. The ones we met have a great knowledge of the islands and all the hot spots. We did this on Moorea and it was one of the best circle tours we did. We picked him up at the dock and set the price before we started. Another couple joined us, so it ended up being very inexpensive.

I will do my best not to break the ship:p before you get there.

Flamomo - you are already on my motu list!

Anna - I can always count on you to make me smile!

Bigguy - it's been four for us and I'm pretty frantic to get back!

Anyone else?

"Flamomo - you are already on my motu list!"

Thanks, Charlie. I should have known you'd come through!

Once we know what your impression of the Moorea motu picnic, we can determine whether to do that one or the Huahine one, and cancel the pre-reservation for the unwanted one.

Thanks for the insight.

I asked this question on another place but since you asked - on the last day, what time do you have to get off the ship? I have read 6pm and no specific time. We have a 10pm flight back but do not want to get a hotel room. Would like to stay on board as long as possible (doing own transportation).

Also, since your account is closed, I know you have to pay for things in cash but at the spa can you put it on your credit card? I have "I think so" but no one seems to know for sure.

Thanks again.

We are looking forward to our trip a year from now, so any information you bring back will be most appreciated! We're anxious to know how the is for you and what excursions you take or hear from others about. Thanks so much for your offer to answer questions. Travel safely and enjoy!

Spikesgirl - I have been looking for a Circle Island tour of Moorea -but not on the day that the cruise ship is there. I haven't been able to find one for just one person. Are there always taxis when you get off the ferry in the morning to do a Circle Island tour? I thougt I'd read that taxis were expensive on Moorea. Any idea how expesnsive it is since I wouldn't be splitting it with anyone?

World Traveler - it's my understanding that you can stay on the ship until your flight leaves - since the incoming TP passengers are on your outgoing flight, the bus drops you off and picks them up. I will do my best to verify that though!

Bucky - I will be sure to post a review, but if you'd like one a bit earlier, drop me an e mail at charliekirby@comcast.net and I will e mail you after the trip (I usually do my trip diary daily, so it's merely a matter of turning on the computer when we get home - knock wood!)

Gemini - I thnk we ended up paying $55 USD for a four-hour tour and that was after the split with another couple. There were several different taxis available at the dock - there should be plenty there awaiting the ferry passeners. Just talk to the various drivers - often you can get one to under cut the other. Do be sure to fix the price ahead of time though.

Taxis can be expensive - I think they are worse in Papeete because of the traffic. It cost us $60 USD to go from the ship to Le Meridien, mostly due to mid day traffic.

Hope that helps a little!

That would be great, Bucky! By the way, are you part of the California posters over on the Floataway? Can't remember if I've seen your name there or not. Anyhow, I will be checking back in certainly by the 22nd of October, so either catch me here or send me an email and we can talk!

Besides for how to get to hotel in Rangiroa for Blue Lagoon excursion (are there 2 choices of tenders that take you to 2 different places?),

if you find out any of the following, let me know.

- Is there anything to do in Bora Bora near where the tender's go in and how far is it to Bloody Mary's? I have an all day excursion with Patrick, but undecided what to do the 1st afternoon.

- any problem taking a taxi to the airport the last day? Several people recommended doing that but someone on Paul G. said it was a hassle with no explanantion. Is it easy to get a taxi and easy to get your luggage befor leaving the ship?

- can we use the spa showers the last day before heading to the airport?

- When does boarding start on the 1st day - at 1:00?

Thanks for any info!!!!:)

Have a great trip. I guess you're leaving very soon.

Thanks for the insight.

I asked this question on another place but since you asked - on the last day, what time do you have to get off the ship? I have read 6pm and no specific time. We have a 10pm flight back but do not want to get a hotel room. Would like to stay on board as long as possible (doing own transportation).

Also, since your account is closed, I know you have to pay for things in cash but at the spa can you put it on your credit card? I have "I think so" but no one seems to know for sure.

Thanks again.

I can help out here. If you have a 10:00 PM flight out of Papeete and private transportation, you will want to get to the airport about three hours prior to your flight. You will be able to stay on the TP until it is time to leave for the airport. The buffet will be open all day so you can dine, when and as many times, as you please that final day.

Our last trip our flight didn't fly out until 11:30 and we left the ship around 7:00-7:30 by Princess transfer. So, you will be fine staying onboard until you are ready to fly home.

- can we use the spa showers the last day before heading to the airport?

This is a great question that I would love the answer to also. I am hoping they have changed the rules since our last cruise. We were not allowed to use the spa showers and it was very irritating not having anywhere to clean up before that long flight.

A definite answer on how they are handling this now would definitely be comforting. It may help me decide if we will do a post cruise stay or just fly home the evening the cruise ends next October. I don't want another long flight like last time where the plane smelled like stinky sweat socks, not just us but everyone onboard the plane. :( :)

Gemini - I will keep your questions in mind and do my best to track down stuff for you.

Toto - As always, at your service. We, too, are flying out later, so the spa answer to your question is on my mind as well. I will try to post while I'm there, but if not, will definitely do it the minute I get home and can hold my head up.

We leave in just six short hours!

Cheers!

Charlie,

I am so envious that you are leaving today! We leave 5 weeks from today, and the wait it interminable.

Have a great trip, enjoy your precruise time on Rangiroa, and have a wonderful cruise. We "waiters" will be looking forward to any posts you do during or after your cruise.

Mary Lou

Archived