Seeing Things?

TedC

Hi, Ted. Sad to say, it's entirely possible. It could have been in the Lido, or on outside decks, but I have seen people in the show, lounges, etc, dressed just as badly.

It's because they are such a minority, though, that we do still take notice of such things.

How's Kathy? :)

I was on the Veendam this summer and saw a guy in overalls and sandals and white socks (not in the lido) but just walking around the ship.

I could have sworn it was the same guy I've seen on my television at 3:30 in the morning trying to sell me a lure that catches "The Big Uns"

Poster was on Oosterdam earlier this month - reported sightings were in "dining room" - which I interpreted as main dining room, not Lido.

Hi Ruth, Cathy's fine - how are you doing? Loved your reports from Eurodam -wish we were with you - sounded like a great group.

This was just posted on the thread asking if a man could wear a shirt and vest on formal night. It was posted by gr8lakes:

"Based on our recent Oosterdam cruise, you can wear anything. We were sad to see that sweatshirts, t-shirts, shorts, flipflops, cowboy hats and camouflage hats all were worn on formal night in the dining room. No one was turned away. Maitre d, when asked, said they were not allowed to turn anyone away from dining, even on formal nights. It was not what we had expected."

Last week on the Oosterdam, formal night, I saw a woman with black stretch pants, white teeshirt and FANNY PACK!!! After I recovered from that sight I saw some 20 somethings wearing white teeshirts with drawings on them along with jeans and sneakers.

It was my first formal night and I have to say I was shocked even though it's not my business. When I first mentioned I was going on a cruise I was ready to take out the gown I wore to my son's wedding and my friends at work laughed at me saying..."oh they don't do that anymore". My sequined pants suit did fine.

Archived