Is it Me? Are the boards slow?

JanetMarie

I just love to shop, I even like to window shop! I try to be frugal and will often times watch for something going on sale before I buy. BUT, and this is a big BUT, if I really, really want it, I buy it. I guess I belong in the ranks of the hopelessly addicted.
We have a lot in common! This is exactly what I do. I LOVE to shop, but I don't have to buy anything. As long as I can just window shop, I'm fine. I usually only buy what is on sale, but if I see something that I just have to have, I'll buy it. :D

Miriam, I don't think that Janet meant that the actual processing of the posts were slow, but the amount of people posting. Am I right, or did I read that wrong, Janet?

Actually I really don't know what the subject of this thread is all about, except that JanetMarie observed that there are not many people posting and not much going on here right now....but for some reason her introduction of herself intrigued me and I answered and the thread took off.....now if JanetMarie would declare a topic I think we might be able to get Miriam to change our thread title. I too am a real window shopper, Jean and I have actually had the opportunity to windowshop and to shop in earnest together a few times....I am a fashion stalker....if I see something I really love, I will stalk it until it is marked down....I have found the most wonderful bargains like this....and if I am really daring....I will wait until after the first markdown and the item goes to clearance before buying it....sort of a gamble that it will make it, but oh so fun and rewarding when it happens....I bought one of my favorite gowns when it was finally marked for clearance, it is a chiffon asian styled dress that I knew was way too sophisticated to sell in the backwoods area of Oklahoma where I live, so I patiently waited, just hoping it would not be transferred to another Dillard's.. Thanks JanetMarie for the Chinese dress site, I am thinking maybe a jacket would be nice....will bookmark it and take time to go thru the whole site after we come home in January. Beth, I am so excited about this cruise,we are going to places I really never thought I would ever see, I will be home about the middle of January and will tell all. Sissy

Hi all - My name is Marjorie and I am 42. Well two things made me join this thread today. The boards are VERY slow responding today so i clicked on here to see what was up. Then saw my favorite topic - SHOPPING!!!!:D

I love to shop, i am a shopaholic. :eek: I really love good quality, high end clothes but also really enjoy a great deal. Nordstroms semi-annual sales is my favorite place for shoes and other great stuff. I am struggling to find just the perfect formal gown for my dec cruise (I have one already), but don't mind all the shopping required to accomplish it!

Hi Sheila and Sissy - my online buddies!

Yes, I meant it in the way that the amount of people posting is slow. Doesn't seem to be many new topics. For me, I look at this lovely fashion board and see the same topics. What are we going to name this one???? Oh, what a predicament I got myself into!!! ;)

Ummm, how about "Web Sites for Awesome Deals" Miriam? What do you think?

Janet

I'm not sure what we should name it, but maybe it doesn't really matter....this seems to be one of the only threads that is surviving this posting scarcity right now...and like the Everyready bunny it just keeps going and going. LOL. Sissy

Hi Girls:).......Sissy, Before you leave I just want you to know your upcoming cruise sounds FANTASTIC.......I want to go Downunder one day.....

I wish you smooth sailing in all the ways that count the most....Have a wonderful time:)

Hi Ladies. I agree Sissy's cruise sounds awesome. Great trip and a great excuse to shop. Though I don't know if I could pack it all in 2 bags. LOL Lois I have enjoyed your posts. You always look so nice in all your pictures. I wish more people would post pictures. It helps to see what others wear on their cruises for us newbies.

I am not too worried about how much I am taking....we are driving out to California and staying at our daughter's house before the cruise,so no domestic air baggage restriction, the Sapphire cruises out of San Pedro and we are flying back via Qantas, the baggage allowance is 2 pieces of checked luggage per person, each can weigh 70 pounds, so no problem there, but our carryon may only weigh 15 pounds, that is going to be difficult to do, my carryon weighs 7 pounds empty. Thank you Lois, we are so excited we can hardly wait to leave.....BTW, I have a lofty goal on this 30 day cruise....I am going to go thru the entire Martini bar menu, I hear the wakeview bar on the Sapphire makes a wicked martini......LOL. Sissy

Hi Sissy,

Your post says your cruise is from LA to Sydney, so I don't know what other ports in Australia you'll see. However, I hope you'll get to spend a few days in Sydney, I've been there 5 times and it's one of my favorite cities. If you'd like any restaurant suggestions let me know.

Definitely have a martini at one of the bars on Circular Quay.

Australia is a casual country and most restaurants have a "smart casual" dress code.

Enjoy your wonderful cruise!

Jane

Sissy, have a GREAT trip. I LOVE Australia. In fact, my cousin from Melbourne just called me two mornings ago!! I spent almost 7 weeks there in 1981, I can't wait to go back.

As far as this thread, the way it's going now, I would suggest you start a new one if you want to share where you find fashion bargains. And perhaps a new thread will get new interest going.

Sissy, have a great cruise! I am sooo jealous. Please post as soon as you can when you get back. BTW, let me know how it goes with your luggage limit and clothes. We're going to the Great Britain in 2006 and DH tells me I'm limited in luggage also. Gasp! :eek:

Take care and BON VOYAGE!!!!

Hi girls:) well, I have some FUN NEWS:D ...no, no, I am not going shopping LOL

but I think I am going on a cruise NEXT MONTH!!!!!.........My signature shows May 2005 as my next one.......but.....BUT...I think the week of Dec 11 I will be in the Caribbean again!

I haven't booked yet but I am in touch with my wonderful TA.....she is awesome...anyway......I should know something by the end of the week or early next week.....

Will keep ya'll posted.......and Jane...nothing new for this one;) ......I haven't sailed X since March......think I will be taking some mix and match from things I have worn in the past!

Hi Stella:) thanks......most of the outfits I will be bringing are in the photos listed below.....but I will bring a camera with me too:D .......

I hope things work out that I can go!!!!........I am able to take the week off from work....now its the financial part LOL.......

No vacation for us till Jan 15th. We go to Cancun for two weeks. Can't wait it is already getting gray in NY I miss the bright sun. We have been going to Cancun every winter for 17 years so it is easy to pack. Also very informal. Sundress is as dressy as it gets. Still like to look nice so lots of cute "resort wear" capris, skirts and sundress.

Lois, I am looking forward to hearing the details of your December cruise. I sincerely hope that it works out for you. I have to wait until February to cruise. Still I do believe that anticipation is part of the pleasure.

Welcome Jenn to the board!

Welcome Jenn!!

Well, the Nordstroms Semi-annual sale did right by me. I actually went on the Website yesterday and ordered a formal dress!. Can't wait for it to come so I can try it on. It is beautiful and for a change NOT BLACK!:D It was a great price at 50% off it's regular price. Now I'll take the money I saved and spend it on the matching shoes!:eek:

Lois - keep us posted on your Dec cruise status. I know u mentioned u might even make it onto the Millie with me!.

Weirdeyes -gosh, I wish just window shopping would be enough satisfaction. I just can't pass up buying something sometimes. :o

:D Hi Girls.....I am going on another cruise! I probably have to be the luckiest person I know.....when I look back on 2004 I will HAVE TO SAY It was a WONDERFUL YEAR.......4 cruises.......

I am going on the Constellation out of San Juan:) ....TA got me a FANTASTIC price...actually unbelievable for a solo~including my FIRST Balcony too!!!!

And on this sailing.......will be.........Cirque de Soliel :) .....and I have only been to ONE of the ports.....St Thomas....which I LOVE!.........the others are Barbados, Antiqua, and Dominiqua........never been to them before!............

Anyone else want to go????...........The ship was built last year so she is really new and it should be awesome!

I am happy:D .........not buying any new clothes....will take a couple of things I have always looked nice in...and I have a couple of tops I have yet to wear....so it will be sort of new LOL........and it will be middle of December...bet there will be some hoilday lights up......should be really pretty!

Archived