Is it Me? Are the boards slow?

JanetMarie

Hi Janet:) you are too funny as well...No, I am not buying anything. I just paid off my Dept Store Credit Cards (including my INFAMOUS Q);) ....I am going to visit friends weekened after next, Thanksgiving is the following weekend.....Dec 4th the stores are going to be starting to be packed with holiday shoppers and the next weekend I leave:) The only thing I will be buying is a hotel room pre-cruise in FLL.

Hi Ladies!

I have not been around the boards much recently...very busy in between booking holidays and boring old work! Enjoyed reading your posts!

LOIS!!! Antigua and Dominca..two of my favourite stops, just a suggestion but for Antigua, when you get off at the port there are taxis, share a taxi and ask them to take you to the "Banana Beach Bar"..its a little taste of paradise! It costs 10$ each way and the taxi will come back for you. You can swim, sunbathe, watersports, great food cheap, jet skis...sunloungers, everything is there....its a wonderful wee bar and the setting is just idyllic! In Domica, if they are offering the River Tubing excursion..DO IT! Its just fabulous, you get your river tube (like the inner tube of a truck wheel) with paddles, and you go whizzing through the rain forest, its great fun and the boys who run it are really, really good fun. You WILL get wet...AND make sure you have plenty of sun cream on. Vincent and I got very badly burned on this trip as we did not have any on and the sun on the water reflecting off the tubes is very dangerous!

Shelia..when you do your British Isles Cruise are you stopping at Greenock? Let me know as if you are, maybe I can take you on a guided tour of everything. (can do it quicker than a coach!)Kim and I like to go and see the ships when they are in port as its not very often...let me know and I will e-mail you.

Me...well...I am just not long back from Egypt and we go again 8 weeks today for another two weeks this time taking our beloved daughter Kimberley as she can spare this two weeks alone from University to come away with us. I cant wait! I am in a tizzy though over what clothes to take as its apparently hot through the day, but very cool at night in the desert in January so I have been looking for shawls. I DID get two 100% cashmere, beautiful shawls this week as a complete bargain as my girlfriend runs one of the woollen mills and they produce for all the big designers. The shawls retailed at nearly $2000! but I got them both for under 100$...BARGAIN! One is pistachio with cream fringes, and the other which I am giving to Kim is the new Burberry light check. They are so, so soft and of course will be warm.

We have just one cruise booked which isnt until January 2006...oh the LONG wait. We are still trying to get pregnant again so thats why we are not booking any more cruises at the moment. Just booking as we go along and trying not to plan too far into the future as we learned the hard way that plans sometimes have to change.

SHOES...right now...Oh I am having a nightmare! ON holiday I found my feet were aching and I am searching for the perfect holiday sandal. Nothing in the shops....its so difficult to find a silver/gold/white sandal which is elegant AND comfortable. WHERE in Scotland at this time of year will I find holiday sandals..aagagagaghhhhh!

Our next cruise is to the Hawaain Islands on Summit. I cant wait for that! We have never been to LA so this is a big adventure for us! We will wait patiently for that one! There is talk of two other couples whom we met on cruises coming with us but we shall see.....

I am going to a ball soon. It is my girlfriends 40th and she is having a ball to celebrate. The theme is "Hollywood Glitz and Glamour" so that will be fun to get all dressed up!

Anyway, take care everyone...keep on shopping!

Ruby http://community.webshots.com/user/marrbury

Hi Holly:) nice to see you again!...that is too funny....my TA told me about the River Tubing as well!

Did you go through a private tour or the ship? You know I sail solo so for many excursions I go with the ship...might be a bit more money but it is usually a great way for me to meet people and I don't have to be concerned about making it back to the ship on time;)

We live near an area that has a place people go tubing all the time in the summer....I went many years ago...it was so much FUN:D .

wow..you got 2 cashmere shawls for 100 bucks!!! YOU GO GIRL:)

We went with the ship. It wasnt that expensive and I would most deifnately go alone..no problem! Once you get in the water its a scream as everyone tried to get to the front, for once I was way ahead of Vincent!! Its not dangerous, really, really good fun. In fact, en route, you ended up speaking to everyone as we the inevitable crashes happen, there was every age group there, and most definate fun for singles. Its kind of a much less dangerous form of white river rafting but with a great deal of fun. Go..Dominca is such a lush island and very different I thought from many of the others. Fruit everywhere, its really pretty. Not commericalised in any way what so ever. Wear a full swim suit with maybe shorts and a tank top. They give you a lifejacket (not that you are in any serious danger), so what you want is kind of cover up swimwear. I would feel a bit exposed in just a bikini, but a swimsuit and shorts are perfect. You will have great fun with the boys who run it, wont spoil any of the surprises...but I have to say it was one of the shore excursions I wouldnt have missed. I didnt realise Celebrity was going to Dominica, it was with that miserable line P and O that I went. It will be the same excursion though, go..you will have a great fun day and you will absolutely get to know lots of people. Who knows whom you might meet on there :D

Hi Holly:) Dominqua is a NEW Port for this cruise:D .....and I have heard exactly what you posted....that it is VERY Lovely and UNCommercializied!.....And happily, my TA is actually traveling on this cruise too....she is going to be there are on a seminar....but we have met once and it will be wonderful to see her again:) .....I consider her a friend, besides being my TA.

I never wear a bikini Holly LOL.... I am a 1 piece kinda gal LOL so bathing suit, and I normally wear Columbia shorts on water excursions....they are comfy with good pockets.....and t-shirt sounds good to me.

And...they haven't even put what excursions are being offered on this cruise yet......that is HOW NEW the PortStop on this cruise is....they are still updating the website!!

Lois, You go girl! I also got a chuckle out of your "I'm not going to buy anything!" That is what I tried to do and I failed miserably! Have a great time and enjoy that balcony!

Holly, try http://www.zappos.com for your holiday shoes. In my opinion, they are the best website for thousands of shoes. Just click on size, style, color, etc. It is easier viewing when you click on 99 shoes per page instead the 12. Good luck! Oh, I love the party theme!

Coka

Lois . . . way to go girl! I'm pea green with envy . . . this will be your 4th cruise this year and I have to wait until April for my first cruise since September 2003! Tee Hee . . .

I can't believe that you won't shop for at least one more outfit for this cruise . . . (wink wink) but I know what you mean. I bought so many outfits for my last cruise . . . plan to wear everything again in April. Will your December cruise be on Celebrity?

Firstly, Lois...where do you get all your inside info! :D Thats fab that X are now doing Dominica and Antigua..I love both of these, Antigua is fab! Anything else they have added?

Coka...FAB SITE...HAVE ALREADY FOUND SEVERAL! OK my problem, what on earth are the US sizes? Anyone know UK to US sizing? Think you found my site Coka..thank you!!! :D

I just looked in my closet my American size 10 also read EU size 41 and UK size 8. I will search http://www.askjeeves.com to find a chart. There may even be a size adjuster on the website.

Isn't zappos great???? Do not forget to click on the reviews of the shoe by women who have bought them. They discuss comfort, fit, and such!

Coka

Thank you Coka..I am a US 6! Thats fab! I will let you know which ones I choose once I get a chance to have a good look around!

Today I am sitting in my office printing off my xmas mail order forms for my business which takes hours and hours...having fun though catching up on this board!

Thanks again!!!!

Hi girls:) Tammy.......the Constellation is an X ship:D .....she is M-Class...the larger ships. I know I am very partial to the smaller ones but I am so excited about sailing Celebrity again....I don't care that she is large!...Plus....Cirque de Soliel is on it too....they are fabulous!

Lois, when we were on Millie it was a FULL ship..and yet..it NEVER seemed crowded. Space to passenger ratio is wonderful. We really did notice the difference when we sailed on Oceana this year compared to Millennium. Smaller ship yet more people...so crowded. Hope you love M class ships, I will be interested to hear how you compare it to the others.

You'll love it! Cant go wrong with X can you!!!!

Lois,

Hey congrats on snagging the cruise, the time off from work and the Balcony!

Whoa-hoa! Kudo's to your TA!

Now your problem will be you'll never want to take a cruise without one again! I had my first balcony 2 years ago and now won't even consider a cabin without one now.

You're not going shopping???? Yeah right, and I'm never eating chocolate again!

I start my new job next week and then taking Thanksgiving week to go to London. (not bad taking a vacation one week after starting a new job!)

Our next cruise is in February, from Buenos Aires to Rio. I accepted the new job and *then* said......"oh, by the way, I have these two little trips planned". :-)

I bet you're excited. It's so great when these last minute delightful surprises come along!

Jane

Hi Jane:) when I tell you a week before the cruise that I still haven't shopped..then you will have to pass up the chocolate;)

I don't want to go into the intimate details of everything....but lets just say.....I cannot shop. PERIOD.

Lois,

Okay, I believe you and I totally understand.

Besides, I'm sure you have closets full of lovely cruise clothes.

Oh dear, is this the end of my chocolate eating?

Again, congrat's on snagging this cruise! Have a fantastic time.

Jane

Hi Jane:) you can eat all the chocolates you want:D .........you probably have the figure for it too:) .

Yes, I have plenty of clothes to choose from~thanking my lucky stars right now.

I will have to do some trying on though....see what fits and what doesn't. But I do have a beautiful pink top I have NEVER worn....It is off the shoulder....a strechty acitate material....sort of drapey in the front..but sort of form fitting around the abdomen...has silvery glitter throughtout the pink.......it looks wonderful with my long black velvet skirt.

Anyway....hope everyone has a great week:)

Shelia..when you do your British Isles Cruise are you stopping at Greenock? Let me know as if you are, maybe I can take you on a guided tour of everything. (can do it quicker than a coach
Ruby, we aren't cruising the British Isles, but taking a land-based holiday. We are going to England for a week and Scotland for a week. We have some friends in Scotland and will probably stay with them for a couple of days or a B&B close by. They live in Eastriggs that is in between Gretna and Annan. Is that anywhere near you? We are really excited except we aren't going until May, 2006. Our next holiday will be another cruise in May, 2005. You're just a travel queen and I sure hope you have a great trip to Egypt, AND it is uneventful! :D

Archived