Is it Me? Are the boards slow?

JanetMarie

Hi there my fashion girlfriends! Is it me or is this board slow lately? Maybe we're all not cruising, but it seems the same topics are appearing....I'm thinking of a post .....hmmmm.....

Okay, here goes...My name is Janet, I'm 47/48 (you know, that cusp period) and I have lived in New England all my life. Love the seasons here! I work as a paralegal in Hartford and really love my job.

Since this is a fashion board...hmmmm.....what shall we chat about? Shopping! Foolish me!

Guess where I'm going tonight after work? Tar GEEEEAAAAA!!! I am going to scour those end aisles in search of the purse/handbag for my cruise. I also want to get a beachbag, something that will not get too smelly when it gets wet.

Enjoy your upcoming weekend!:)

Hi Janet:)

I am Lois....and live in Florida.....46/47...LOL.....haven't shopped at all lately...no cruising for me until May:eek: ........

Have a great weekend:)

Hi Janet and Lois. :)

My name is Beth and I'm in my post-cusp phase - 55. I live in S Ontario and work for a large municipality auditing gambling. :eek: When I grow up in a few more years, I'll likely retire. Right now I work for vacations.

Yes the boards are sooooo sloooooow. For a moment, I thought I was having a menopausal moment until I realized that I wasn't alone. Nope can't be me this time. :p

Beth

Hi girls! My name is Sheila and I turned 40 last Saturday. GASP! I'm a technical writer for a software development company. I've only shopped lately to buy a few things to work in...business casual crap. I'm in the process of losing 25 lbs. I've already lost about 50-55 (depends on which week it is :D) and I've had to buy a whole new wardrobe for every season several times over. I hope to have all of my weight off in time to buy another whole new wardrobe before my cruise in May. When that happens....WATCH OUT! I'm going to be a "hot mama!" LOL :D

Hi Lois, Beth and Sheila! All of you are my on line buddies. It's really great to see the same folks posting and it's nice to get to know one another. We're still looking for Iszu and Holly and . . .

Went to Tar geeeeaaaa last night and purchased king size sheets 250 count for 12.42. I looked at the price, I looked again...couldn't believe it! And the only other thing I purchased was another cosmetic bag. Yes, yes, yes, I couldn't pass by that aisle without adding another one to my collection. ;)

Hi guys...I'm Anne and live in PA. I'm 54, don't work, and love to travel. We have 3 cruises planned for 2005, so I'm busy looking for more formal clothes. In fact, I'm off to King of Prussia Mall today for a glorious day of shopping. BTW, I also think the boards are slow.

Hi Ladies, My name is Sissy, well my real name is Jerri and here it comes....I am 62 and a shopaholic....oh, oh, did I just sign on for a shopping 12 step program? I hope not! We are retired and now live in the green rolling hills of Eastern Oklahoma after living in Southern California all our lives....and surprise to us, we really love it here. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 44 years and since retiring last year we have gone on 2 cruises and have 2 more planned. We leave in 3 weeks for the dream cruise of our lifetime, I am so excited, almost giddy I would say....30 days from LA to Sydney...of course it takes a ton of clothes for that long cruise.....we have 5 formal nights. I am taking 5 formal outfits....2 tuxedos, 1 pink and 1 ivory, a black asian styled dress, a flowing peach chiffon number and the royal blue phoenix and dragons cheongsam that I was able to order from information found on this board and I am just dying to wear. Sissy

Hallo friends, my name is Jean. I am not going to give my age because my age and the way I act have no correlation whatsoever! I have lived in Myrtle Beach for five years with my DH. Prior to that we lived in New Jersey. And before that Dumbarton, Scotland. Amongst other things, I am a shopaholic and a makeup junky, so you see I have many vices! I love to cruise and have cruised once on Norwegian, five times on Celebrity and this February we are trying Princess for the first time.

Hi Jean and Jerri! I find it interesting that us "regulars" are the ones posting here! Yikes - the boards are real slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have simply fallen in love with the chinese dresses and jackets. I found a wonderful web site and purchased a couple yesterday, on sale too!!

Well JanetMarie, share the website girl! What a teaser that is. I love the dresses too and would love to have another color. I think the idea of this thread is clever, but maybe it is the heading that is not attracting attention....I clicked on it because I saw your name as the thread starter. Sissy

On my shopping trip on Saturday I bought a black lace blouse with a nude lining at Talbots. It will look really nice with black silk pants or a long skirt. The stores have the holiday outfits now, so it's easy to find dressier clothes. It seems everything I buy for formal and semi formal nights is black!

Hi Janet, Lois, Sissy (Jean), Beth, Jean (I never knew your real name until now), and AJPack! Nice to "see" all of you! ;)

Sissy, your cruise sounds wonderful!!! You'll have to give us a whole rundown when you return. You're going to have sooo much fun!

Hi Janet, Lois, bunny, Weird Eyes, ajpack, Sissy (married 44 years to your high school sweetheart . . . Wow) and seagulls! Used to post on these boards about two years ago and got some great advice about what to pack and what not to pack . . . really helped after not having been on a cruise in many years. My name is Tammy, I'm 57, divorced (twice . . . thus the reason for the "Wow" Sissy), will be taking my second solo cruise (sixth total) in April. I have Lois to thank for letting me know that one could have as much fun as a solo as part of a couple. She was right . . . I had a ball!

Okay, so how does what one wears for dinner on Carnival compare to what one wears on Celebrity?

Hi all,

I'm Jane, live in NYC, (born & raised here) married 14 years and have done a number of things in the fashion industry...... sales/marketing/merchandising for clothing companies and was a licensing agent for well known designers as well as mass market brands.

I've spent the last month interviewing for a postion of Vice President of Sales & Marketing for a company that is fashion related. It's been a tough month of negotions and I was offered the position just Friday. I start mid November.

In February, DH and I will go on a cruise in South America on the Oceania line.

I love the smaller ships and I love that there are no formal nights.

We were on a Princess cruise to the Baltics this past June that was wonderful. I've been on a couple of cruises to the carribbean, but I'm not much of a sun or water lover, so it's not a big attraction for me, though DH loves to scuba, so it's great for him. But it's so nice to be on a ship!

I don't know if I'm a shopaholic or not. In your opinion, is a shopaholic a person that looks a lot but doesn't necessarily buy, or is a shopaholic only a person that buys a lot? I look a lot, but very circumspect when it comes to parting with my plastic since I tend to buy expensive things.

I think Lois is our star shopper here. I love her enthusiasm for life and cruising!

Jane

Hi all. Love reading all your posts. I live on Long Island but work in Manhattan. Love to shop. I'm with you Jane tend to look alot. I like quality and a bargin, it takes some shopping around but I think it's worth it. This will be our first cruise next July. Looking forward to it. This will be a different kind of vacation for us. I have gotten so much useful info from all of you. I feel like I'll know what to expect on the cruise much better after reading everyones post. We each have our own style and need to be comfortable with it. We all have different shapes and all women can look beautiful. I love how you all support each other and give friendly advice and support.

Stella

Beth, I love what you do for a living....... since I would love to go shopping, but hubby just dragged me back from Georgian Downs!!

Yes, i live north of Toronto, and just turned 50 :mad: in May.

I like your description............. "you work for your vacations" My motto too!

And yes, the boards are slow........................................................

Would spend the rest of my life cruising if I could. But reality hits:eek:

Hi all,

My real name is Joyce and I live in Flagstaff, AZ (for the past 3+ years) and just love it here. We actually got 9" of snow last week! Bet most of you wouldn't think AZ would have snow...

I hit 4-0 last March and still haven't gotten used to it. Not sure I ever will.

I just love cruising. My family, DH, me and DD who is almost 14, have been on 4 cruises- 1st with Disney, 3 with HAL so far and we're trying Princess later this month. I personally LOVE formal nights and like the fact that HAL has Informal nights which are somewhere between Formal and Casual. I'll probably be overdressed on Casual nights on Princess, but I want to wear my pretty clothes. I own my own business and work from home so spend way too much time reading this and other cruise boards... Also don't get a lot of opportunities to dress up.

I'm not crazy about shopping, but I enjoy it when it's part of preparing for a cruise. I especially enjoy sewing formal gowns for myself and my daughter for cruises!

p.s. I didn't even click on this thread before today because I thought it was about the boards being slow, but then I just wondered what everybody had to reply about that subject, so I thought I'd check it out. Glad I did. :)

Hi Jane:) Congratulations on your new job.

Thanks for the kind words...but I am not a shopoholic....I don't sail again until May.....and to be honest I have gained weight this year and don't plan on shopping again for a long while.

I actually am trying to get a few large bills paid down....without adding more purchases to anything else.

I know this is Off Topic for just a moment.......but just want to remind us all here in the USA.......Please remember.....Exercise your right to VOTE today!

Janetmarie Loved the site for oriental dresses. I think the jackets are great would really change the look of a black dress, skirt or slacks. A different kind of look could be really dressy with black or with jeans trendy I think I'm going to order one. Thanks for the info.

I just love to shop, I even like to window shop! I try to be frugal and will often times watch for something going on sale before I buy. BUT, and this is a big BUT, if I really, really want it, I buy it. I guess I belong in the ranks of the hopelessly addicted.

Archived