Stateroom on the pool decks. Bad idea?

Nunu

Getting ready to book tomorrow and it's down to crunch time for cabin selection. We're booking the Glory and have need some opinions on whether the Lido deck is a good idea for a balcony. Are there a lot of people using the elevators near the rooms and a lot of noise or are the rooms far enough away from the pool areas as to be clear of the chaos? thanks!

The Lido balconies are fine. You have passengers above and below. I tend to agree with Retired Sparky though. If you can book a cabin on Panorama deck I'd do that. The hall has less traffic but you still walk out into the Lido area right at the base of the slide/whirlpool.

We were on Lido Deck in March (booked a guarantee balcony cabin). We enjoyed the convenience of it so much that when we cruised last month we requested Lido Deck. We have been mid-ship and front of ship on Lido and had no noise at all (both were balcony cabins). It's so nice to be close to your cabin on the pool deck, don't have to worry with elevator for Rosie's (buffet area) at breakfast, lunch. If we needed to go back to the room for something it was just a short walk. We are a couple in our early fifties, have cruised Carnival, Royal, and Celebrity - all were great.

Has anybody ever had the obstructed view on the Lido Deck?

How is that ?

What is outside your window ?

Did anyone have any pics they might share with me ?

I am curious about a cabin I booked

thanks

Does the website show any as obstructed? Do you have the cabin numbers?

Does the website show any as obstructed? Do you have the cabin numbers?

9201, 9202.9203

are obstructed view oceanview

I had an oceanview 6a

however on my ship the only oceanviews were only on Main & Riviera

I was happy mid ship cabin

anyways

my whole party... that were on oceanview with me

paid to get an upgrade to Balcony to get on the Lido deck

However , I didnt have the extra money to do that :o

and chose an onstructed view on the Lido

and was wondering if I made a good choice

or a bad choice

in doing that

Help , settle my mind :confused:

9201, 9202.9203

I had an oceanview 6a

anyways

or a bad choice

in doing that

These cabins look out over an observation deck with a pretty high railing - I don't think you'll see much but that from those rooms.

As for balconies - I've been on both Lido and Panorama and they were great - no noise problems at all. We were far forward, though, and not right by the elevators. I love the location and would choose it again if I had the choice.

These cabins look out over an observation deck with a pretty high railing - I don't think you'll see much but that from those rooms.

As for balconies - I've been on both Lido and Panorama and they were great - no noise problems at all. We were far forward, though, and not right by the elevators. I love the location and would choose it again if I had the choice.

Are these elevators used for people coming up to the pools and buffets because the Quad cabins on the lido deck (which we need) are close to them.

Are these elevators used for people coming up to the pools and buffets because the Quad cabins on the lido deck (which we need) are close to them.

The elevators are the glass atrium elevators and the forward elevator bank, a total of 10 individual elevators. The traffic will be heavy at times but the cabins are well shielded from the elevator lobby. This is why I prefer the Panorama deck, most people are getting off on deck 9 (Lido) not deck 10 (Panorama).

The elevators are the glass atrium elevators and the forward elevator bank, a total of 10 individual elevators. The traffic will be heavy at times but the cabins are well shielded from the elevator lobby. This is why I prefer the Panorama deck, most people are getting off on deck 9 (Lido) not deck 10 (Panorama).

Thanks yst, there are only 4 quad balconies on each of these decks so you just helped me lean towards panorama deck. I see that the next deck is the spa with the family suites above us (no balcony but windows). Are there any walkways there on spa deck that would be looking over us?

Thanks yst, there are only 4 quad balconies on each of these decks so you just helped me lean towards panorama deck. I see that the next deck is the spa with the family suites above us (no balcony but windows). Are there any walkways there on spa deck that would be looking over us?

No, The 6E's extend over your balcony so the window is above your balcony rail. My understanding is that Carnival plans to convert the 6E's to balcony cabins during future dry-docks.

Getting ready to book tomorrow and it's down to crunch time for cabin selection. We're booking the Glory and have need some opinions on whether the Lido deck is a good idea for a balcony. Are there a lot of people using the elevators near the rooms and a lot of noise or are the rooms far enough away from the pool areas as to be clear of the chaos? thanks!

what date are you looking at? we are booked for the Glory 4-4-09

Great choice. We prefer panorama for first choice and 2nd would be Lido deck.

Good luck!

9201, 9202.9203

I had an oceanview 6a

anyways

or a bad choice

in doing that

9202 and 9203 are fully handicapped rooms. Unless you really need these rooms, please don't book them. Save them for those that do. The obstruction in those rooms would be a wall. People can walk in front of your window, because the deck is right outside your window.

Archived