Return Guest

dvdisney

How does this work if one of you is a past guest and the other is not? My fiancee and I will be on our honeymoon. She is a past guest and I am not. Are we both invited?

My PVP told me that I could invite one other person (my sis of course) to come along with me to the past guest party even if she has not cruised before. So, I assume you can go with your fiancee as her "guest" since she will be getting an invitation. :D

My PVP told me that I could invite one other person (my sis of course) to come along with me to the past guest party even if she has not cruised before. So, I assume you can go with your fiancee as her "guest" since she will be getting an invitation. :D

Thats what i did last year, i was a past guest, my boyfriend was not, he just went as my guest and they allowed that just fine

• 2 weeks later...

We had a Past Guest Party on our recent Inspiration Cruise. (5 day)

The party was the third night..... and our 3 year old won the Past Guest raffle!! There were a few moans and groans when they realized a child won.... but Risa Barnes was quick to mention that Allison had HER OWN invitation!!

So Allie was the winner of a lovely 24Kt Gold Plastic Ship on a Stick, while Mom and Dad received a "Special" bottle of Champagne!

We also had a picture taken of our family with the Captain, Cruise Director and Sr Staff. They put 8x10 picture in a leather portfolio, with a picture of the ship.... and the Captain signed it - To Allison, of course!!

Catrin

I like the past guest parties. The one on the Liberty was in the Venetian show lounge as there were 1700 past passengers on the ship for that sailing!!! I really liked the food they served and the drinks, oh yes, I really liked those...melon ball, a very good drink, I should know, I had eight or nine of them!!!!! No buzz was to be had, but I do enjoy free drinks!!!!

It is held on different nights/times depending on the schedule of the particular ship and the # of past guests sailing that week.

We were a family of 5 - 4 of us repeats but dd was not a past guest - of course they let her in with us!

When we went to the past guest party in june, they didnt even ask for the invitation, they were letting everyone in.

Odd. I've always seen them taking the invitations at the door, and I've also seen them turn folks away, nicely explaining that it was for PAST guests only.

Ship to ship, things differ. They should have a policy and stick w/it.:rolleyes: Not fair to real past guests who have 'earned' the right to attend.

We had a Past Guest Party on our recent Inspiration Cruise. (5 day)

The party was the third night..... and our 3 year old won the Past Guest raffle!! There were a few moans and groans when they realized a child won.... but Risa Barnes was quick to mention that Allison had HER OWN invitation!!

So Allie was the winner of a lovely 24Kt Gold Plastic Ship on a Stick, while Mom and Dad received a "Special" bottle of Champagne!

We also had a picture taken of our family with the Captain, Cruise Director and Sr Staff. They put 8x10 picture in a leather portfolio, with a picture of the ship.... and the Captain signed it - To Allison, of course!!

Catrin

.....did the two of you ever drink the champagne? Was it any good?

:confused:

wasiii

I've won bottles of champagne, and NO, they were actually kinda 'ugh'.:D

I agree.

I am not a champagne drinker-I wonder how long a bottle of bubbly last. Over the years I have collected (won) a few bottles that are just sitting in my wine chiller.

Too bad I never developed a taste for it.

I was just wondering what they do at a past guest party? Do they send an invitation before you cruise? Do you get free drinks? Are you suppose to dress up? Thanks for your help, I will be on my 2nd cruise in January and I can't wait.

Generally there is a bit of a 'speech' from CD ...then the (in)famous Carnival video - it has been updated a bit from previous version. Yes there are free drinks and hors d'ouevres (similar to captain's cocktail party) - and a draw for door prize from the invitations collected. Also music....and socializing....

Dress code would vary depending on time of day.....on my last few cruises the past guest party was on 2nd formal night right before dinner so everyone was generally very well dressed!

Archived