Is this true about Crown&Anchor

dfishner

I was reading cruise log on USA today website and one of the people in the forum stated that you can earn Crown & Anchor credit with Celebrity I always thought you could not get Crown & Anchor credit on X just that you are reconized after 5 cruises on either line. Other then that both programs are seperate.

You cannot get Crown & Anchor points by booking a Celebrity cruise. They will give you equal status on the other's cruises. Example: You are Select on Celebrity. RCL will give you the equivalent status to Celebrity. But to move on to the next level on RCL you will have to earn all the points RCL requires for that status. You will not be able to build on your Celebrity points (credits) to go higher on RCL.

Hope I helped.

You cannot get Crown & Anchor points by booking a Celebrity cruise. They will give you equal status on the other's cruises. Example: You are Select on Celebrity. RCL will give you the equivalent status to Celebrity. But to move on to the next level on RCL you will have to earn all the points RCL requires for that status. You will not be able to build on your Celebrity points (credits) to go higher on RCL.

Hope I helped.

Yes it does help and it was what I thought as well that the two programs are seperate. When I read it I thought it was not correct. Thanks for the quick reply.

ok so let me get this straight. i got a notice in the mail last year when we booked a royal caribbean ship that i was now a "select" member with celebrity. i have cruised with celebrity 5 times previously, but because i booked a royal caribbean sailing they moved me up in celebrity? but if i book a celebrity sailing it does not move me up in royal caribbean's standings. i think this is what you mean?

ok so let me get this straight. i got a notice in the mail last year when we booked a royal caribbean ship that i was now a "select" member with celebrity. i have cruised with celebrity 5 times previously, but because i booked a royal caribbean sailing they moved me up in celebrity? but if i book a celebrity sailing it does not move me up in royal caribbean's standings. i think this is what you mean?
I'm somewhat confused as to what your question is, but I'll attempt to answer. After your 5th =X= cruise you became Select, but I don't think they notify you until there is a reason to [ie until you book a cruise]. In order to then be Platinum in RCI C&A [thru reciprocity] someone has to get you a C&A number [NOT the same as your Captain's Club number], and connect the two programs - I sort of think this has happened, but I don't have enough info to be sure. You will have to get 10 cruise points with =X= [including Azamara, but NOT counting RCI cruises] to become Elite which will give you reciprocal Diamond benefits, OR you will have to have 10 RCI cruise points [sounds like as of right now you have zero (0) RCI points] to become Diamond with reciprocal =X= Elite benefits. Note that if you have a RCI on-line profile it will show your reciprocal 5 cruise credits, and will probably add on your RCI cruise then showing 6 cruise credits; this is NOT supposed to indicate that you actually have 6 C&A credits, but the C&A computer system is so screwed up who knows.

BTW C&A is not the only program that doesn't seem to know what they are doing. My girlfriend has 5 more credits in NCL Latitudes than she has earned - when she told them that, the response was that they were working on so many people that were short credits that they didn't have time to deal with overages, so please just take the credits and not complain.

haha i'm super confused now. i sailed my first rccl ship years ago, maybe even before they did crown and anchor, i'm not sure. but in all i have sailed 4 royal caribbean ships so i know i have some sort of status in their club thingy. i remember getting info about it thinking "damn, too bad we're sailing royal caribbean this time, i'd rather have the credits added to a celebrity sailing" since they are my favorite line. so i must have some sort of points, but for some reason i seem much more motivated and excited when i am booked for a celebrity sailing and tend to surf these boards more and sign into my online celebrity account much more often. it now says i am a select member, but i have sailed with them five times already (as of march of 2006) but did not receive notice that they bumped my status from classic to select until i booked the rccl ship last year. maybe that triggered it, but who knows.

haha i'm super confused now. i sailed my first rccl ship years ago, maybe even before they did crown and anchor, i'm not sure. but in all i have sailed 4 royal caribbean ships so i know i have some sort of status in their club thingy. i remember getting info about it thinking "damn, too bad we're sailing royal caribbean this time, i'd rather have the credits added to a celebrity sailing" since they are my favorite line. so i must have some sort of points, but for some reason i seem much more motivated and excited when i am booked for a celebrity sailing and tend to surf these boards more and sign into my online celebrity account much more often. it now says i am a select member, but i have sailed with them five times already (as of march of 2006) but did not receive notice that they bumped my status from classic to select until i booked the rccl ship last year. maybe that triggered it, but who knows.
Soooo... Do you have a C&A number? IF so, how many cruise credits do you have? If you have at least 5 then you will be Platnium; if not you will want to have them link to your CC Select so that you can get reciprocal benefits [i have cruised mostly =X=, but C&A has always provided MUCH better benefits than Captain's Club (such as discounts on balcony rooms)]. C&A is usually [not always] fairly good about giving credit for earlier uncredited cruises if you can supply any documentation [boarding card, luggage tags, boarding pictures(!), etc] indicating that you were on that cruise. They will want a specific ship and date. Call C&A and see what they can do for you.

Soooo... Do you have a C&A number? IF so, how many cruise credits do you have? If you have at least 5 then you will be Platnium; if not you will want to have them link to your CC Select so that you can get reciprocal benefits [i have cruised mostly =X=, but C&A has always provided MUCH better benefits than Captain's Club (such as discounts on balcony rooms)]. C&A is usually [not always] fairly good about giving credit for earlier uncredited cruises if you can supply any documentation [boarding card, luggage tags, boarding pictures(!), etc] indicating that you were on that cruise. They will want a specific ship and date. Call C&A and see what they can do for you.

i have a crown and anchor number, but i don't know what it is because i have not sailed rccl in over a year. i don't have that stuff out all the time, it's probably in our office records somewhere. so i also don't know how many points i have, but all i know is that i got a letter from celebrity after i booked the rccl ship that i was now "select" status in the captain's club. it's not that big of a deal but if i do sail rccl at some point again i will surely ask.

I have a related question, which, I think hasn't been answered...

I sailed twice on RCCL, both times getting the extra credit because of booking a suite. That, I think, gave me four credits.

Then I sailed twice on Celebrity, when I got my Captain's Club number BEFORE cruising on Celebrity, I was Select. The two Celebrity cruises gave me six (more?) credits (each more than 12 days, both CC class cabins.)

So, shouldn't I be Elite now?

Or, do the RCCL credits really not "add" to the Celebrity credits?

Thanks! :o

You can't combine cruise credits from RCCL and Celebrity ie 2 Royal Caribbean cruise credits and 4 Celebrity cruise credits does not = 6 cruise credits. When you take an RCCL cruise you'll earn credits in that program only and the same for X. When you have enough cruise credits in either program to take you to the next level in that program then you'll move up in both programs (from Select to Elite in X/Platinum to Diamond in RCCL).

Phil

Archived