Cruising in December

dbk64

We have taken our past 2 cruises during the month of September. I am wondering what the weather in the Caribbean is like during December?

November, December and January. Its really a nice time to go. Its not as hot as in the summer. We like it.

The Caribbean itself is very nice in December. The problem is that if a cold front comes through the US embarkation/debarkation can be cold and you may encounter rough seas before you actually reach the Caribbean. Also, if a cold front comes through Florida it can affect the Bahamas as well.

We have taken our past 2 cruises during the month of September. I am wondering what the weather in the Caribbean is like during December?

The weather in the Caribbean is always hot. We have been almost every month of the year. Take shorts and other clothes for hot weather. :)

We have sailed numerous times in Dec. eastern-western and Panama-lovely time of year-crowds are down and weather is great. We usually do an early dec and are home before Christmas-actually one of our favorite times of the year to cruise-on top of that prices are usually less!!:)

we only cruise during christmas/new years. the further south you go the more you'll be "guarenteed" hot and sunny weather.

the year we did the serenade out of puerto rico and went south....we had unbelievable weather. then last year we did a cruise to the panama canal......now that was HOT:D

Absolutely gorgeous. I always cruise during the first two weeks before Christmas. Prices are better, not many kids, and the weather is almost perfect with much lower humidity.

Thanks for all of the replies! I am sure we will have a great time. I do have one more question...How are the temps at night? Should we bring jackets to wear if we go on the pool deck at night?

Thanks for all of the replies! I am sure we will have a great time. I do have one more question...How are the temps at night? Should we bring jackets to wear if we go on the pool deck at night?

I take a light jacket on every cruise because many of the ships have very cold areas. Also, it can be very windy and cool on deck.

Have a great cruise!!:)

Archived