Arthur Frommer Pans Oasis

GMoney

Well let's see, Arthur Frommer is about 100 years old so I doubt very seriously that RCI had him in mind when they developed Oasis. :rolleyes: What's even worse is that a travel professional is blasting something that he has not even tried. I guess the word "crotchety" comes to mind here. I bet HAL is his choice of cruise line!!!!! ;)

I quit reading, listening and buying Frommers books long ago. I realized that Frommers idea of travel and mine didn't match up well. I will buy other travel books/magazines from time to time but leave Frommers out of my plans.

So I guess it isn't any wonder that he's dissing a ship that has yet to sail, one he hasn't personally seen, hasn't set foot on and, from the sound of it might not ever take a second glance at. Yep, he's got the expert opinion cornered on this one.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, but for ME, the ship IS the destination!! Islands? What islands? Who cares I say!!!! Call me "MAD" :eek: :eek: :eek: but I'm more than willing to pay whatever it takes to be on the inaugural and not think twice. Guess I won't be working with Frommers any time soon :D Couldn't help but leave my two cents under their comments section.

Thanks for the 'link' ---kind of 'grumpy isn't he??

I was 'inspired' by Grandeur's comment and added my own.

Travel??? this ship isn't for 'travel' - it's a 'Floating Resort' with the choice of visiting a Caribbean Island for a few hours. We'll probably not get off and I suspect many, like us, will not get off either!

Thanks for the 'link' ---kind of 'grumpy isn't he??

I was 'inspired' by Grandeur's comment and added my own.

Travel??? this ship isn't for 'travel' - it's a 'Floating Resort' with the choice of visiting a Caribbean Island for a few hours. We'll probably not get off and I suspect many, like us, will not get off either!

Here! Here! Like those comments out there.

From his comments, I can suppose that it wasn't Arthur Frommer I was racing to book my CP Balcony cabin a few weeks ago. And, we won't be standing in line behind Arthur waiting for a turn on the Zipline. Nor will I have to jockey with him for room in an elevator.

Yeah, I'm okay with that. :cool:

Umm...that was exactly his point.

Archived