Confused Diamond Member Needs Help

Hello, fellow RCCL fans! I have never had a balcony cabin and am looking into doing the Grandeur on a 9-nighter on May 7, 2009. I understand that the Diamond discount for that would be $200 per balcony. Now, the new Crown & Anchor certificates came out and the Diamond Level discount for my cruise is $150 per balcony. From everything that I have read here, I know they can't be combined, so, why offer a coupon that is worth less than what I already would get for being a Diamond? I understand the coupon can also be used for discounts on inside ($75) and outside ($150) staterooms and that is a benefit in case we can't afford the balcony. Please let me know, of course, I'm secretly hoping that you will tell me they CAN be combined, but, I don't think so. Thanks in advance...Happy Cruising...Maureen

Maureen,

If you can combine them or not depends on the condition of the C&A certificate terms and conditions. On the one I just applied to my cruise next June, the fine print only stated that it had to be applied by Dec. 31 2008 or prior to final payment, so I was able to apply it. I had already received my $200.00 balcony discount for being diamond. Read the fine print and see what it says. If you are not sure submit it anyway - the worst that happens is they say n.

Best of luck.

Hello, fellow RCCL fans! I have never had a balcony cabin and am looking into doing the Grandeur on a 9-nighter on May 7, 2009. I understand that the Diamond discount for that would be $200 per balcony. Now, the new Crown & Anchor certificates came out and the Diamond Level discount for my cruise is $150 per balcony. From everything that I have read here, I know they can't be combined, so, why offer a coupon that is worth less than what I already would get for being a Diamond? I understand the coupon can also be used for discounts on inside ($75) and outside ($150) staterooms and that is a benefit in case we can't afford the balcony. Please let me know, of course, I'm secretly hoping that you will tell me they CAN be combined, but, I don't think so. Thanks in advance...Happy Cruising...Maureen

As I understand the current rules, you CAN combine a C&A savings certificate with Diamond/Platinum balcony discount. You cannot combine a savings certificate with a Next Cruise / Future Cruise on board credit.

These are the rules as I understand them today, but there have been changes in the rules lately, so I suggest you try to apply your savings certificate ASAP.

Hello, Me again, the "fine print" says two things of note. "The offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares." Could this mean Diamond discounts as well? And it says, "Offer is not combinable with any other promotion or offer unless expressly stated therein." That sounds like the Diamond discount to me. Has anyone out there used the discount and the coupon? Thanks...Maureen

I just used a coupon and my Platinum discount so I am very optimistic that you'll be able to also. Good luck and enjoy that balcony!

Here's what's been posted lately re information from RCI about "benefits" and "offers".

Benefits can be combined with other benefits - Platinum/Diamond balcony discount with share holders benefit. These can be combined with one offer: coupon or next cruise.

summation: all benefits can be combined together along with one offer.

You should be able to combine your diamond discount with the coupon.

Hope this helps.

Well, thanks everyone, it sounds like maybe I can do both. I had seen the previous discussion about Benefits and Offers, but, it seems like everything is changing. I never know what is a benefit and what is an offer. I know on the previous thread, someone posted an email from RCCL that said you can use as many benefits as you can-they mentioned Balcony Discounts and Shareholder. Now, we all know you can't combine the Shareholder with anything else anymore. That's a shame-it was at $14 on Friday. If we could combine it all, I would try and talk my boyfriend into buying the shares, he can afford it easier than I can (pharmacist VS pharmacy technician)...Well, I will try to use both, the worst they can do is say No (and then I will call back until someone says Yes;) .....Maureen

Here is what uksimonusa posted some time back when the controversy first started:

RE: Onboard Credit and Other Offers

Dear Simon:

Thank you for your e-mail. We regret any misinformation that you may have received. While some of the information you are hearing is correct, most of it is not. It has always been that membership coupons are not combinable with any other offer. It is true that Royal Caribbean International will start enforcing this rule on July 1, 2008.

In the interest of clarification, we want to provide the following information. Any special "offer" is not combinable with another "offer." However, any "offer" is combinable with any "benefit." Additionally, any "benefit" is combinable with any other "benefit." Please see the following list of offers and benefits.

"Offers" include: Onboard credit for booking onboard

Membership Coupons

"Benefits" include: Balcony and Suite Discounts for Platinum and Diamond members

Onboard Credit for Shareholders

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 800-526-9723.

Simon, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Chelle Hanson

We have had no problem combining them.

Hi,

I have booked a cruise on Explorer in March in a balcony and received my diamond discount ($200) and also applied a coupon ($150) with no problem. Can I also use on board credit from my VISA? Is this different than the stockholder credit use? Thanks for any help.

Archived